3DS Forum

Topic: Final Fantasy VI 3DS

Showing 21 to 40 of 43

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

21. Posted:

Final Fantasy VI's Opera Scene, would look awesome remade.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

22. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Werent they supposedly working on a sequel to Final Fantasy VI? I remember seeing 3D shots of Locke and Celes as well as Shadow back in the days of N64 and Playstation.

I think that was just a tech demo. Then FFVII was PlayStation exclusive. :(

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

23. Posted:

There was one screen shot of a final fantasy square soft was working on for the n64. It was in a old issue of Nintendo power. It later got scraped for final fantasy 7 for the PlayStation. It was a 3d polygon graphics screen shot. Cost was the issue I believe. Just cheaper to do 4 cds at the time. To bad because that screen shot looked amazing!!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Vinstigator

24. Posted:

Hyper+Knuckles wrote:

@Vinstigator-How do you know for sure that the DS version of Final Fantasy IV is superior? I have played both the DS and PSP versions, and I personally think that the PSP is the best version of FFIV out there.

First of all, the DS version's 3D graphics are ridiculously ugly. I rather have the updated 2D graphics of the PSP version compared to the ugly 3D graphics of the DS version. Second, the DS version's difficulty is also BRUTAL, and it would turn off anybody who has never played FFIV before (like me at the time). I played the PSP version and the difficulty is a lot more bearable compared to the DS version and personally to me more fun. Third, the PSP version also includes Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, and the DS version does not include that at all.

First of all according to critics and fans alike FFIV IS the definitive version of FFIV. Not only did FFIV DS get high praise and critical acclaim from critics, but from fans as well. Also I'm not just talking about graphics. Because as we all know, graphics aren't everything when it comes to a good game. I'm talking about all aspects of each game. FFIV for the PSP does not have voice acting while the DS version does. The PSP version doesn't have in-game cut scenes like the DS version either. I feel with voice acting and a cinematic view, I can feel for the characters more. You can feel the emotion when they speak.

FFIV for PSP does look good but it looks like the same game I've played through many times with just a SLIGHT graphical update. I'd be better off playing the SNES/GBA version so I wouldn't have to deal with horrible load times. And the reason The After Years wasn't bundled with the DS version is because they basically came out at the same time. And it would probably take another year or so to remake The After Years for the DS. Either way, Nintendo still scored. Reason being, we've had The After Years on the Wiiware virtual console for about 2 years now. The reason why I never bought it was because the reviews said that it was nowhere near as good as FFIV. So I decided I would wait until they dropped the price of the chapters. They never did, so I never bought them.

Now to address the difficulty issue. FFIV DS was a walk in the park compared to the remake of FFIII. Now THAT game was brutal! I've played every Final Fantasy game and have beaten 90 percent of them and I must say, FFIII is the hardest Final Fantasy EVER! You don't believe me? Pick it up and play through it. Not only are there no save points (that's right, no save points) but the monsters are just relentless! You could be grinding through a dungeon for over an hour only to get to the boss and die within minutes. And since there are no save points in the dungeon guess what? All that hard work is lost.

So what do you do then? Well after you grind for about an hour, leave the dungeon and save outside. Yes that is the ONLY way you can save. I'm a FF veteran and I had so much trouble with this game. Just wait until you get to the final bosses (yes bosses). From what I remember you had to fight 3 or 4 bosses before you could face the FINAL boss. And guess what? You can't save in-between like before. So if you get past those 3 or 4 bosses and die on the final boss, you have to start all over.

Also FFIV was known as being one of the hardest Final Fantasies. When it was released here in the states as FFII on the SNES, they dumbed down the difficulty for American gamers (kinda like they did with Super Mario Bros. 2). Fans of the series wanted the original versions though. So eventually Square-Enix delivered when they released FFIV advance. It had the same difficulty as the Super Famicon version. Now fast forward to the DS version. By now difficulty is not an issue to Final Fantasy fans. In fact if the game is too easy, fans complain (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest anyone?). And a lot of fans would have been disappointed if they dumbed it down like they did back in the SNES era. Plus after playing FFIII DS, they knew what to expect. However, IV is nowhere near as difficult as III. Seriously, that is the hardest FF game in existence.

Hyper+Knuckles wrote:

It's true that Square Enix and Nintendo now have a good relationship with each other, but you need to remember that was always not the case. Nintendo and Square Enix had a huge falling out with each other during the 32 bit era because SE decided to develop their FF games for the PS1. Nintendo did not like that, and their relationship shattered until the next generation of consoles.

Yes I remember that. But that was then. Once Nintendo and Square got new Presidents for each company, they decided to bury the hatchet. And both companies have benefited from it greatly from a financial standpoint.

Hyper+Knuckles wrote:

But my point is that Square Enix has just as good of a relationship with Sony if not better compared to Nintendo's. Just because things are one way in this generation does not mean Square Enix will do the same thing in the next generation.

I never said Square had a bad relationship with Sony. In fact I even mentioned how Crisis Core and Dissidea were awesome games in their own right. I'm just saying that it seems the PSP gets more ports than actual remakes and that I always felt the DS got better FF games. FFIII and IV alone are proof of this.

Hyper+Knuckles wrote:

Also, the quality of Square Enix games for the PSP seems to be of a much higher quality compared to Square Enix's DS games, but maybe that is just me.

That's personal preference. I've owned a PSP and bought quite a few Final Fantasy titles for it. However, I prefer the DS's Final Fantasy titles over the PSP. Reason number one... the loadtimes. They are pretty bad. I remember when I bought FF1 and 2 for the PSP I would have to wait a while after EACH battle! And since battles were so frequent, it would take a long time before I got from point A to point B. And even though the games looked better than the SNES version, the sprites were still nearly identical. I'd choose to have weaker graphics than horrible load times. But that's just me...

Edited on by Vinstigator

http://myspace.com/vinstigatormusic
http://youtube.com/vinstigator
http://twitter.com/vinstigator
3DS Friend Code: 1332-7740-2704

AuthorMessage
Avatar

xVermicide

25. Posted:

Vinstigator wrote:

I think the 3DS is capable of PS3 graphics though. I heard Resident Evil 3DS was basically using the same engine as its console counterparts.

3DS is only capable of the same graphics as wii. actually, worsened by the lack of anti-aliasing. and the wii is only capable of graphics equal to gamecube. neither 3DS nor wii are capable of PS3-level graphics. they both are only capable of 10 year old graphics styles. (gamecube came out in 2001)
i think FFVI should not be on 3DS, especially with how much sales of the 3DS have dropped.
it should be on NGP or here's wishful thinking completely remade from the ground up on PS3/360.
this is because NGP is capable of PS3/360-level graphics, and a complete remake for a modern console would just be amazing. :)

oh, and

Tech101 wrote:

Now how in the world could you do 6 on one of the HD systems?!. Unless you redo the graphics completely from the ground up. Millions are waiting for 7 to get redone on the HD systems before 6 would even be a thought.

looks at FFIII and FFIV
um, yeah >.>

Edited on by xVermicide

xVermicide

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SwerdMurd

26. Posted:

Vinstigator wrote:

FFIV for PSP does look good but it looks like the same game I've played through many times with just a SLIGHT graphical update. I'd be better off playing the SNES/GBA version so I wouldn't have to deal with horrible load times. And the reason The After Years wasn't bundled with the DS version is because they basically came out at the same time. And it would probably take another year or so to remake The After Years for the DS. Either way, Nintendo still scored. Reason being, we've had The After Years on the Wiiware virtual console for about 2 years now.

PSP Port is friggin' gorgeous and features some of the best 2d I've ever seen. They kept the animation roughly the same frame-count so A) the port could get done faster using some GBA-version assets, and 2) for nostalgia. You wouldn't be better of playing the GBA version since it's broken beyond belief (battle system is just terrible--turn skipping, double turns, etc.) and the SNES version looks like . Seriously. FF4 looks marginally better than/more colorful than an NES final fantasy. Marginally. Also--how does Nintendo or its fan-base score with a maniacally difficult, ugly-looking port of the game with way less content? GBA and PSP versions have endgame stuff, a 50-floor bonus dungeon, and character-specific dungeons (as well as 5 extra end-game playable characters). Scoring means getting to pay 37 bucks for content that's included and looks better on the PSP version? Hmm...weird definition of scoring.

Vinstigator wrote:

Now to address the difficulty issue. FFIV DS was a walk in the park compared to the remake of FFIII. Now THAT game was brutal! I've played every Final Fantasy game and have beaten 90 percent of them and I must say, FFIII is the hardest Final Fantasy EVER! You don't believe me? Pick it up and play through it. Not only are there no save points (that's right, no save points) but the monsters are just relentless! You could be grinding through a dungeon for over an hour only to get to the boss and die within minutes. And since there are no save points in the dungeon guess what? All that hard work is lost.

Wow...you lost me here. FF 3 was identical-in-difficulty to the NES version aside from nerfing the over-powered end-classes a bit....and even so, they nerfed boss damage/attacks enough to compensate. There weren't any in-dungeon save points cause the dungeons were easy if planned for and pretty short. There were a couple hard parts (Dragoons-only boss battle comes to mind) if you didn't plan for them, but the game force-feeding you a dungeon replete with 4 sets of dragoon gear seemed to foreshadow that difficult moment nicely. FFIV DS, on the other hand, is 10 times as difficult as the original version and that's a conservative estimate. I'd say pound-for-pound, FF IV DS is both harder as a standalone game and compared to its origins. The final boss run on 3, even underleveled as I was, was still pretty easy after all the treasure acquired in Eureka. In fact the whole end-dungeon was a bit of a let-down difficulty wise I though...probably to compensate for lack of save points.

I'll leave these comments about FFIV supposedly being one of the hardest Final Fantasies alone. It's a fairly easy JRPG series all around, but FF1 is infinitely more difficult in its original incarnation (mostly due to obtuse design/bad balance). Still--at the time, I can see FF IV being kind of frustrating and being considered difficult, esp. on Active/max speed.

Vinstigator wrote:

That's personal preference. I've owned a PSP and bought quite a few Final Fantasy titles for it. However, I prefer the DS's Final Fantasy titles over the PSP. Reason number one... the loadtimes. They are pretty bad. I remember when I bought FF1 and 2 for the PSP I would have to wait a while after EACH battle! And since battles were so frequent, it would take a long time before I got from point A to point B. And even though the games looked better than the SNES version, the sprites were still nearly identical. I'd choose to have weaker graphics than horrible load times. But that's just me...

Do you have a Gen 1 PSP or something? Load times on FFIV Collection have been negligible for me so far. Also...there weren't SNES versions of Final Fantasy 1 or 2....and the sprites look nothing alike whatsoever. You go ahead and choose your weaker graphics in your nonexistant-versions of these games...I'll be enjoying all 2.5 seconds of my PSP load times playing 14 hours of gorgeous looking FFIV, 2 hours of gorgeous-looking never-before-released Interlude, and 40ish hours of TAY.

Edited on by theblackdragon

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Vinstigator

27. Posted:

LosAngeloTip wrote:

PSP Port is friggin' gorgeous and features some of the best 2d I've ever seen. They kept the animation roughly the same frame-count so A) the port could get done faster using some GBA-version assets, and 2) for nostalgia. You wouldn't be better of playing the GBA version since it's broken beyond belief (battle system is just terrible--turn skipping, double turns, etc.) and the SNES version looks like . Seriously. FF4 looks marginally better than/more colorful than an NES final fantasy. Marginally. Also--how does Nintendo or its fan-base score with a maniacally difficult, ugly-looking port of the game with way less content? GBA and PSP versions have endgame stuff, a 50-floor bonus dungeon, and character-specific dungeons (as well as 5 extra end-game playable characters). Scoring means getting to pay 37 bucks for content that's included and looks better on the PSP version? Hmm...weird definition of scoring.

Wow that whole paragraph sounded pretty biased. I love Sony and all that they've done but the PSP was a huge disappointment for me and a lot of other people. And this is coming from someone who thinks PS2 is one of the greatest systems of all time. Did I mention I owned a PS3 as well? So you're saying that FFIV for DS barely looked better than an NES game? Last I checked, it looked just as good (if not better) than Final Fantasy IX for the PS1. I would hardly call those graphics terrible. And how does the SNES version look like ""? Even to this day, the sprites are colorful and well animated. Obviously times have changed and games have upgraded their graphics drastically but in no way are FFIV's SNES graphics terrible. You probably think the PSP can do no wrong. You probably also think the PSP go was the greatest invention ever, right?

LosAngeloTip wrote:

Wow...you lost me here. FF 3 was identical-in-difficulty to the NES version aside from nerfing the over-powered end-classes a bit....and even so, they nerfed boss damage/attacks enough to compensate. There weren't any in-dungeon save points cause the dungeons were easy if planned for and pretty short. There were a couple hard parts (Dragoons-only boss battle comes to mind) if you didn't plan for them, but the game force-feeding you a dungeon replete with 4 sets of dragoon gear seemed to foreshadow that difficult moment nicely. FFIV DS, on the other hand, is 10 times as difficult as the original version and that's a conservative estimate. I'd say pound-for-pound, FF IV DS is both harder as a standalone game and compared to its origins. The final boss run on 3, even underleveled as I was, was still pretty easy after all the treasure acquired in Eureka. In fact the whole end-dungeon was a bit of a let-down difficulty wise I though...probably to compensate for lack of save points.

So you're saying FFIII was easy but FFIV was 10 times harder than the original? That seriously makes no sense whatsoever. I breezed through FFIV DS. Sure I died a few times but overall it wasn't that hard to me. FFIII on the other hand was brutal. So again, I really don't see how FFIV was harder than FFIII.

LosAngeloTip wrote:

Do you have a Gen 1 PSP or something? Load times on FFIV Collection have been negligible for me so far. Also...there weren't SNES versions of Final Fantasy 1 or 2....and the sprites look nothing alike whatsoever. You go ahead and choose your weaker graphics in your nonexistant-versions of these games...I'll be enjoying all 2.5 seconds of my PSP load times playing 14 hours of gorgeous looking FFIV, 2 hours of gorgeous-looking never-before-released Interlude, and 40ish hours of TAY.

No I have the same PSP as everyone else. Unless you're playing on the PSP go (which I don't think is possible since I'm not sure if they've even released it in the digital store yet), I don't see how you're getting better loadtimes than everyone else. They might have improved the loadtimes a little bit but back then the loadtimes were horrible. I'm not just talking about the FF games, I'm talking about most of the games in general. SVR series, Battlefront 2, Twisted Metal, etc. And as for my SNES comment... I meant to say GBA versions (FF 1 & 2 Dawn of Souls). I love how people nitpick at little things, it just shows how weak their argument is.

Also it seemed in your post that you did nothing but bash the DS/SNES/GBA for their graphics. Every true gamer knows that graphics aren't everything. I choose gameplay over graphics anyday. There's a reason the Nintendo DS is the number 2 selling handheld/console of all time (even outselling the Wii, PS3, and Xbox360) and the PSP is not.

Edited on by Vinstigator

http://myspace.com/vinstigatormusic
http://youtube.com/vinstigator
http://twitter.com/vinstigator
3DS Friend Code: 1332-7740-2704

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

28. Posted:

so i thought this was a 'Final Fantasy VI 3DS' thread, not a 'console wars' thread...?

i don't really see what the 3DS can do for FFVI that the DS couldn't have done for it. I can give or take the new-style 3D sprites, really... if they were to go with the original 2D goodness with maybe a little bit of layering effects, i'd probably be much happier with a 3DS port of this game than if they were to continue on with the graphics as featured in FFIVDS and the like.
also, the greatest FF of all time was V, thanks :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Vinstigator

29. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

so i thought this was a 'Final Fantasy VI 3DS' thread, not a 'console wars' thread...?

Yeah it is but there's always one person in a thread who will try to turn it into that. I've owned/own every console imaginable so I don't believe in console wars. In fact, I'm more of a PC gamer than anything (Unreal Tournament ftw). I've even had to defend Sony and Microsoft from Nintendo people before. I believe EVERY console has their strengths and weaknesses. PSP did a lot of stuff better than the DS and visa versa (hence the reason I owned both of them). But now, back on topic...

I don't think they could have pulled off FFVI on the DS. Like I said, FFIII and IV felt somewhat limited. If Square-Enix could get the game to look like FFX, I'd be happy. We're already seeing games that surpass even the Wii's graphics so I think it's a possibility. Also, FFV was definitely an awesome entry in the series but I felt the story was somewhat lacking. I love the music and battle system though. That's the reason I bought it for PS1 (Final Fantasy Anthology) and for GBA (FFV Advance). And I'm buying it again when it comes out for the 3DS.

Edited on by Vinstigator

http://myspace.com/vinstigatormusic
http://youtube.com/vinstigator
http://twitter.com/vinstigator
3DS Friend Code: 1332-7740-2704

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

30. Posted:

FFXIII-23D FOR 3DS!

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

freakpower70

31. Posted:

I'd like to put in my two cents here though I haven't read the last, lengthier posts. I really think the portability of the remakes would trump the stronger graphics on a PS3 or Xbox remakes. Additionally, I would sooner the remake come out on the 3DS than the NGP, though as turn based rpgs are concerned I don't think the 3D effect would add to the ease of gameplay. Rotating cameras in caves and dungeons would be nice though...

freakpower70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

32. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

FFXIII-23D FOR 3DS!

That'd be sweet.

But I have a feeling you're being sarcastic :P

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hardy83

33. Posted:

I want a proper HD 3D remake of VI, simply because I've always wanted to see the game in full 3D glory in the art style the manual was in, and obviously that's only possible on 360, PS3 or the next Nintendo console.

I know it won't happen, but that's what I want. I've always wanted to see place like Narshe and Figaro Castle would look in HD or something.

Hardy83

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

34. Posted:

Vinstigator wrote:

Yeah it is but there's always one person in a thread who will try to turn it into that. I've owned/own every console imaginable so I don't believe in console wars. In fact, I'm more of a PC gamer than anything (Unreal Tournament ftw). I've even had to defend Sony and Microsoft from Nintendo people before. I believe EVERY console has their strengths and weaknesses. PSP did a lot of stuff better than the DS and visa versa (hence the reason I owned both of them).

for someone who doesn't believe in 'em, you're certainly helping to perpetuate them — you attempted to speak for everyone in the original post, got called out on it, and then refused to admit you were as biased as the next person. everyone's got their bias no matter how many consoles they own. no company needs 'defending' in this thread, and you are not the be-all, end-all of video game opinions on the internet. :3

That said, Chrono Trigger looks and plays great on the DS, and after having played Okamiden and FFIV, i don't know what you're talking about in terms of limitations on the DS — they packed those games chock-full of excellent gameplay. There's no reason why the DS couldn't possibly handle a solid port of FFVI.

Also, IMO even FFIV was better than FFVI — VI is a good game, don't get me wrong, but it kinda goes to crap halfway through. IV didn't have that problem to me, it stayed strong through to the end.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

35. Posted:

Final Fantasy V is actually the best of the three SNES Final Fantasies.

But in other news. I'd rather a Chocobo Dungeon 3DS to any Final Fantasy ports. I've already played all of them enough, and I've got good versions of them all on one console or another.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

36. Posted:

I don't know where this sudden FF5 popularity is coming from, but I like it.:)

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

37. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I don't know where this sudden FF5 popularity is coming from, but I like it.:)

It really is the forgotten classic from the series. And it honestly is my favourite; the characters are awesome.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Vinstigator

38. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Vinstigator wrote:

for someone who doesn't believe in 'em, you're certainly helping to perpetuate them — you attempted to speak for everyone in the original post, got called out on it, and then refused to admit you were as biased as the next person. everyone's got their bias no matter how many consoles they own. no company needs 'defending' in this thread, and you are not the be-all, end-all of video game opinions on the internet. :3

That said, Chrono Trigger looks and plays great on the DS, and after having played Okamiden and FFIV, i don't know what you're talking about in terms of limitations on the DS — they packed those games chock-full of excellent gameplay. There's no reason why the DS couldn't possibly handle a solid port of FFVI.

Wait... what? When did I ever "speak for everyone" in my initial post? Because I said FFVI is regarded as the greatest Final Fantasy? That's my opinion, but it's also one that a lot of Final Fantasy fans believe to be true. Even when major sites like gamespot reviewed VI for GBA their headline was "they saved the best for last" so obviously major gaming sites believed VI was the strongest of the sprite based Final Fantasies as well (it also got a higher score than IV and V).

And I didn't get "called out" for saying that. I got "called out" because I said FFIV DS was the definitive version of FFIV. But the funny thing about that is I took that quote directly from Gamespot's FFIV DS review where they gave the game a 9/10. That still holds true considering they gave the PSP version an 8/10. And about being biased. I just speak the truth regardless of the game/console. I spent my hard earned money on all these consoles/handhelds so I should be able to voice my opinion on them. I was really excited about the PSP and that's why I got it on launch day but like I said, I was disappointed. I could say the same thing about the Gamecube. It's one of the main reasons I was skeptical about the Wii. But I decided to give Nintendo another chance and they delivered.

Even though the PSP disappointed me personally, it still had some classics. And it's not going to stop me from getting the PSP2. I just hope this time around they fix some of the issues the PSP had, then I'll definitly be a happy camper. As for claiming to be the "end-all be-all VG opinion guy", I never said that. No one can be that person because no matter what, everyone is going to have a different opinion. However, I used to be a video game reviewer/Media person over at major sites like Newgrounds.com. Meaning I went to E3 and other VG related events (meeting Shigeru Miyamoto, Charles Martinet, and Reggie Fills-Aime was the highlight of my E3 trip). I got to play the games months before they hit the market and got to voice my opinion on them to let everyone know what I thought about them. I even met and befriended various people from Eidos Interactive (who I still keep in contact with to this day). I don't do that anymore since I decided I wanted to pursue a different career. Maybe one day I'll go back to that. But for now, I'm happy with what I'm doing.

As far as me saying FFIII and FFIV feeling limited... maybe it's just me. But I felt they could have done a lot more. Yes I realize the DS has its limitations and whatnot, but this is just how I feel. I still love those games and play them on a regular basis. Maybe that's why I'm being so picky, because I've played them so much that I start to notice things they could have improved on. When I first played FF III DS at E3 2006, I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. But now that it's aged, I've been seeing things that could have been improved upon. So yeah, I guess you could say I'm just nitpicking.

Edited on by Vinstigator

http://myspace.com/vinstigatormusic
http://youtube.com/vinstigator
http://twitter.com/vinstigator
3DS Friend Code: 1332-7740-2704

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FluttershyGuy

39. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Werent they supposedly working on a sequel to Final Fantasy VI? I remember seeing 3D shots of Locke and Celes as well as Shadow back in the days of N64 and Playstation.

Here's what you're talking about. It was just some sort of tech demo that displayed the capabilities of the N64. Not sure if any Final Fantasy was ever officially announced for N64 (not according to poster of embedded video). Funny thing is Square did this FF III/VI tech demo to help show off N64 graphics, then didn't think enough of the system to ever make a single game for the system (not that I remember anyway), let alone a FF game. This is why I hope the new system is uber powerful, so the main FF series will return to a Nintendo console! Oh and an FF VI prequel would be amazing (can't see the need for a sequel the way VI ended).

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

40. Posted:

That is mighty impressive (lol I'm talking as if we're in 1996 or something).

I do know they developed one game for N64; Ogre tactics.

Enix did publish the amazing Michief Makers (I REALLY want a sequel! Get to it Treasure!) but I'm not sure if Nintendo or SE own the rights to it as both published. Could be just Treasure- I dunno. But man I really want to see Marina kick ass again.

komicturtle