Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy Explorers

Posts 101 to 120 of 127

Eel

Press both L and R to open the surge menu and then the button of the surge you want to do.

It's like with abilities.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

I really need to stop looking in here because I don't want to get hooked on this.....well I do but I must have self control. This game is calling out to me. I don't need to get into a game that never ends do I???😰

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RR529

I tried the MH demos, and didn't care for the fact that the monsters would keep running off to different areas throughout the fight. Is that a thing in this game, as well?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

tigermask

Who else has ordered the collectors edition from Square-Enix? I'm on the European page and my order is in the warehouse at the moment :/

I'm really keen for this, I don't care what the reviews say really. MH is a fun game and mixing that up with FF will be excellent, it might not have the depth of MH but I do find myself putting off hunting monsters until I've got time to read through MH wikis.

3DS Friend Code - 0087-2886-9002
Nintendo Network ID - SamSteel

Lynox5

European eShop preload not able to activate yet, guess i have to wait until the eShop gets updated this afternoon, sigh..

Backloggery: Lynox
PSN: Lynox081194
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7186-0935

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7186-0935 | Nintendo Network ID: Lynox5

ultraraichu

RR529 wrote:

I tried the MH demos, and didn't care for the fact that the monsters would keep running off to different areas throughout the fight. Is that a thing in this game, as well?

Nope, they stay in the same location once you start fighting. Matter of fact you can always find them in the same area.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

AndyD

For anyone who has played, I am currently starting the first classes you unlock in game, right now I am trying out the knight class. Although, to get a crystal surge from attacks you have to use the strong attack multiple times. The knights first strong attack takes forever to accumulate crystal points and depletes before even getting close to the number needed. I was wondering, do I unlock more skills as I play the class more, or do I have to purchase them from the crystal in the center of town? Such as when I look now, it shows three more skills/abilities that are green? Does that mean they can be automatically unlocked with the knight class as I progress, or do I have to purchase those anyways? (I apologize, I tried to figure out the spoiler cover for this post, but I am not as familiar with it, I am sorry!!)

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

AndyD

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I really need to stop looking in here because I don't want to get hooked on this.....well I do but I must have self control. This game is calling out to me. I don't need to get into a game that never ends do I???😰

I could be mistaken, but I think this is more FF than some think, and it actually has (although shallow) a story similar to most FF games and does have an actual ending....I could be wrong but just from what I have played, and talking to the NPC characters there seems to be the usual two sides waring etc. Hope this helps!

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

AndyD

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

i was wondering if someone could tell me how to do the crystal surge thing. I keep getting my resonance over 100 but for some reason I can't trigger the crystal surge even though I'm touching the right buttons. and it's hard to find monsters all in one place.

I noticed also before I could use the crystal surge under the freelancer, it had to be around 150 on my crystal points. Of course, I may have done something wrong.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

Spoony_Tech

@BinaryFragger: @scubydo: Thanks for the heads up but I guess I should've been more specific. Monster Hunter also has a story but the game doesn't end there. You can literally sink 100's of hours more after the story. The game arguably opens up even more then. I'm almost certain that upon beating the story here you can still play 100's of hours as well. I guess what I'm saying is I don't want to get into that right now as it makes me neglect all my other unfinished games.

But after playing every FF from 1 thru 12 (Sans 11) I have the urge to want to get back into that universe again. I love me some FF so it's hard not to notice a game like this.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@BinaryFragger: And I put 195 hours into that as well lol and I still needed to master like 4 or 5 jobs.

MERG said:

Windy

The game is absolutely Fun. It is the Phantasy Star Online Experience I was looking for. Not a Monster Hunter Experience thank god. It is practically identical to Phantasy Star Online minus the mags and mag feeding which I would have liked. But you do Build on your Character almost in the same way. I hope this game lasts a good longtime. The battling is super easy but is adjustable as in what you choose to use for spells and such. You have 8 slots for abilities and magic spells

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

LaserdiscGal

Picked up the game on my way home today, I'm about 4 hours in and it's pretty good thus far.

Can't wait to start doing some online stuff after I get further in.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

AndyD

Santa wrote:

Picked up the game on my way home today, I'm about 4 hours in and it's pretty good thus far.

Can't wait to start doing some online stuff after I get further in.

Yeah, another player told me that after about the 4 or 5 hour mark it starts ramping up in difficulty....not sure though, I haven't gotten that far gameplay wise. I have been fooling around with the classes and abilities.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

RR529

ultraraichu wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Nope, they stay in the same location once you start fighting. Matter of fact you can always find them in the same area.

Ah, thanks!

I like the idea behind MH, but it's just a bit too in depth for me. A streamlined version (in the FF universe) sounds like something more my speed. I'll probably look into it one of these days (currently saving up for FE:F).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Freelance

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I don't need to get into a game that never ends do I???😰

HA, those are the best kinds of games!

P.S. I think I've just messed up that sentence grammatically. Maybe this one as well.

I'm a Ranger. One of my abiltities has 7 status effects applied to it

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.