3DS Forum

Topic: FF Theatrhythm

Showing 361 to 380 of 461

AuthorMessage

CommanderAudio

361. Posted:

Want this game so badly.....

But I'm just wondering, what are all these "Shards" everybodys talking about? And how exacactly do you get specific coloured shards? (I squealed when I found out you could play as Sephiroth)

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage

BenAV

362. Posted:

@PikminMonster There's 16 different coloured crystals with eight shards of each.
Once you collect all eight shards, you unlock the character associated with that crystal.
You get a few shards over time when you get to certain amounts of Rhythmia (which you accumulate just by playing) but the main way to get them is to go into the Chaos Shrine and complete Dark Notes.
Each Dark Note has three possible bosses and each boss has three items that they can drop, which are quite often crystal shards.
So pretty much, you just need to find a boss that drops the shards that you're after and just keep killing it until you get to eight.
Sephiroth has black shards, which is the equal hardest to find (Navy being the other, to unlock Kain).

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

363. Posted:

Getting the shards are such a pain in the ass. It's not bad when it's a low level shard because you can easily kill a boss more than once to get more shards in one go, but at the higher levels, you only have time to defeat one boss. If you only need one shard colour out of the three, it takes forever to get the 8 shards as you're not guaranteed which drop you'll get. Frustrating when you play more than three times and not get a single shard you need.

Luckily I only have three characters left to get (rainbow, red and black), and I hate the character associated with red so I dunno if I'll bother to unlock that person.

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

364. Posted:

I've got the perfect dark note and the end boss is I believe called the other sephiroth. Its #52 and he drops rainbow,black, and navy. Now that I know navy is Kain I must go back to that song and get him since I unlocked sephiroth and someone from ff1! Still loving this game and ill never be as good as Ben. He's my hero!! ;-)

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

365. Posted:

@BenAV

Untitled

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

BenAV

366. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

ill never be as good as Ben.

If you play it as much as you've played Zen/Marvel Pinball, you will be. :P

I haven't been playing as much since I perfect chained all the Ultimate scores, but I'm slowly working my way through the trophies.
Last night I finished getting all 29 characters to level 99.

AuthorMessage

voulg160

367. Posted:

hey ben i know this isn't the right place but i added your friend code ages ago can you add mine as well

Backloggery
right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
fc is 2750-1120-9537

AuthorMessage

BenAV

368. Posted:

@voulg160 Oh, sure. :)

AuthorMessage

blackside

369. Posted:

Ok I have ALOT of questions , so sorry if they have already been answered in this thread (they probably have been...)

1. The dark note challenges, what exactly do the 3 numbers represent - there is the number on the far left that I think is the order you unlock them, then there is the dark note #, and also the mv number? If there are 100 dark notes, how come I have say 28,29,31 but not 30 etc.

2. May be stupid, but how do I play expert in series mode? I unlocked it, but I see no option.

3. I've read that there are more songs on the cart from each game than what is included in the first 3 you play in series mode. Do I unlock them in choas shrine, and once I have played them are they available in challenge?

I think that's all for now - thanks i advance! Really enjoying this game right now. The nostalgia factor is off the charts! Brought cosmo canyon last night and it brought back the best memories!

blackside

AuthorMessage

BenAV

370. Posted:

@blackside

1. The dark note number represents the level of the dark note, it ranges from 1-99 and you can have many notes of the same level.
I'm not completely sure with the mv number, but I assume there's 99 different mv numbers (different notes) for each level or something like that.
Eg. I might have a Dark note that is #99 mv. 12 and another that is #99 mv. 76.
I think the level of the dark note is in proportion to the level of your characters from what I've noticed, but since I got all characters to level 99 it seems to be giving me random levels now (not sure if that's how it works or if it's just a coincidence).

2. To unlock an Expert course in series mode, you must beat all three songs from that particular game in Challenge mode on Expert with A or higher.
Eg. If you beat all three FF IV songs on Expert with A or higher, you will unlock the FF IV Expert course in Series mode (and the same goes with Ultimate courses).

3. There are four additional Encore songs that unlock in Challenge mode once you reach certain amounts of Rhythmia, as well as eight Chaos songs (which are from the Chaos Shrine) also unlocked by obtaining enough Rhythmia. The Encore songs are the same as any other with a Basic, Expert and Ultimate score whereas the Chaos songs just have one Special score.
You can also buy more songs as DLC.

I hope that helps and I'm happy to answer any more questions you have.
Have fun. :)

AuthorMessage

blackside

371. Posted:

Thanks for the speedy reply benAV.
One final question for now, what contributes to getting SS or SSS on a stage?
I have run perfect FMS, getting all criticals and recieved S many times.
But last night I got SS in a dark note FMS and I didn't even hit every note great.
Is it just to do with how far you get?

Can't wait for me DLC songs im familar with.

blackside

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

372. Posted:

You can only get SS or SSS when you unequip all items. You get a 200000 static bonus!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

SilentHunter382

373. Posted:

When you mean unequip all items you mean the skill bonus like cura.

Online 3ds games I own:
Kid Icarus, Mario Kart 7, Dead or Alive
Colours 3d profile: http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=67260

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394 | Nintendo Network ID: SilentHunter382 | Twitter: SilentHunter382

AuthorMessage

blackside

374. Posted:

Ahh that explains it then. I had just switched my party round and I decided to unequip everything just for a change.
The stoic bonus is pretty large, seems it may be better to run series and challenge modes with nothing equipped and save the abilities for dark notes... thought on this?

blackside

AuthorMessage

BenAV

375. Posted:

@SilentHunter382 Yep, no abilities or items equipped on any of your four characters.
That will activate Stoic mode, in which there are no featured zones (Chocobo in FMS, summons in BMS or extended versions in EMS) and you get a 2,000,000 point boost once you reach the end of the stage.
To get SS you need a score of over 9,000,000 and to get SSS you need a score of 9,999,999 (all critical hits).

@blackside That is what I would recommend.
When trying to get high scores, it's always best to play in Stoic mode.
Dark notes however, it's more about reaching the boss you're looking for and beating them so that's where the RPG elements kick in.
The only time I'd recommend using equipment in Challenge mode is when you're trying to fill in the Critical Chart, because for that you need the featured zones.

What I did was went through all the featured zones with a bunch of Exp boosts equipped so I could continue working on getting all my characters to 99 and now since I filled in all the featured zones I only play Challenge in Stoic mode.

AuthorMessage

L-ouie

376. Posted:

Today, I finally downloaded Final Fantasy III from the Wii Shop Channel just to have some familiarities whenever I decide to get Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.

Is the opening credits music available in Theatrhythm?

hype train destinations: Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, E3

AuthorMessage

Hokori

377. Posted:

SkywardL wrote:

Today, I finally downloaded Final Fantasy III from the Wii Shop Channel just to have some familiarities whenever I decide to get Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.

[/div]

I think it's DLC but they do have Terra's theme

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

378. Posted:

46,000 Rhythymia! :O :O :O :O :O :O

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

379. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

SkywardL wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I think it's DLC but they do have Terra's theme

[/div]

Wait ff3 or ff6. It can be really confusing.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

L-ouie

380. Posted:

Final Fantasy III for SNES is actually Final Fantasy VI. So is the opening credits for Final Fantasy VI available on Theatrhythm?

Edited on by L-ouie

hype train destinations: Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, E3