3DS Forum

Topic: FF Theatrhythm

Showing 241 to 260 of 461

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

241. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Can I spoil it for you Retro? Because frankly, this is depressing. ;)

[/div]

Lol, go ahead. It's not like I'm going to play the game anyways. :P Now stop pointing and laughing!

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

242. Posted:

OBVIOUSLY SPOILERS AHEAD...BUT IT'S NOT LIKE THERE'S ANYONE ELSE WHO DOESN'T KNOW IT

Basically Aerith, female party member and love intrest(?) to the main charcter, Cloud, meets with a dissapointing demise. After failing to stop an attempt by the main Antagonist, Sephiroth, Aerith travels ahead alone. When the party finally catches up to her, they find her praying at an alter. She looks up, smiles, and then at that moment, completely out of nowhere, Sephiroth decends, impaling her. She dies. No cliche Final Fantasy revival. She stays dead.

End Spoilers

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

243. Posted:

The 3D seems kind of off during EMS, even when I adjust it.
Managed to get at least one of each card thanks to passwords. Going for holofoil cards now. I have 3 each of the yellow, orange and scarlet shards.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

Bankai

244. Posted:

No cliche Final Fantasy revival.

I am thinking really, really hard here, and I can't remember a single time in the plot of a numbered (and not fanservice sequel) Final Fantasy game has had a character die, and be resurrected.

I'm sure I'm about to be embarrassed for forgetting something I should have known already, but please do fill me in.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

BenAV

245. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Is it just me, or are EMS's way too frustrating when trying to get all critical?

Yeah, I've been trying to get SSS on all the basic courses.
The FMS and BMS are easy, but it usually takes me a while to get through the whole EMS without missing a critical.
I've gotten through the first six though, so pretty much half way.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

246. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

I am thinking really, really hard here, and I can't remember a single time in the plot of a numbered (and not fanservice sequel) Final Fantasy game has had a character die, and be resurrected.

I'm sure I'm about to be embarrassed for forgetting something I should have known already, but please do fill me in.

You're probably right, but I keep hearing that revival happens a lot in Japanese games/media... Am I way off base or is it more of a JRPG thing rather than Final Fantasy?

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

247. Posted:

SPOILERS
There has been a number of times when characters supposedly die in a certain FF game only to find out later that they're very much alive because other characters have saved them. It got kinda annoying for me personally.
SPOILERS

That said, it was only one game though so I'd hardly consider that a FF cliche.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

248. Posted:

When I had first heard the spoiler that was how it was described to me.
shrugs
It's not really important, right? If I'm wrong, whoops, sorry. Lets move on.

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

249. Posted:

Donjwolf wrote:

SPOILERS
There has been a number of times when characters supposedly die in a certain FF game only to find out later that they're very much alive because other characters have saved them. It got kinda annoying for me personally.
SPOILERS

Yeah, that one FF went overboard with that.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Millenia

250. Posted:

@RevolverLink - A fellow Grandia II fan? Ahh internet high five right back to ya! It was my first RPG ! Other than Pokemon of course. :)

Millenia

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

251. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

If he is referring to ff IV there was a number of characters believed to be dead. I even think the twins got revived at the end!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

252. Posted:

Thanks.

And I've actually nwver heard of FFVII until recently, so I know nothing about it. Not everyone knows. (Don't worry, I am not one of those spoiler idiots)

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

253. Posted:

Well, I just got my first SS rank. Two actually. In the FF II course on expert I got:

Rebel Army: SS
Theme: SS
Battle 2: S.

Got an S rank total. Kinda surprised the ranks go higher than I expected.

Also bought battle theme 1, and I am surprised on how much better it sounds compared to the original FF (Which used 1 song for every battle).

Hope the DLC comes to NA this week so I can get that FFI field Theme...

And after spotting Locke in the field in Terra's theme, I have one thing to ask. WHY DOES HE LOOK LIKE A PIRATE? Isn't he a treasure hunter or something? I have only made it up to the opera house in FFVI (My only FF game), so I don't know. (I know the general plot, so I know the spoilers)

Oh, and isn't there only 4 characters in Final Fantasy II? (Maria, Leon, Guy, and The main character), if so, why is there this masked character that appears every time I clear the Field music stage? O_O.

Edited on by TheDreamingHawk

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

254. Posted:

The 'masked character' is a temporarily playable character in FFII. His name is Minwu. I honestly thought he was a female until I looked him up in Wiki >_>

shrug I never thought Locke ever looked like a pirate by the way. His clothing is from the original artwork from Amano.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

255. Posted:

Donjwolf wrote:

The 'masked character' is a temporarily playable character in FFII. His name is Minwu.

shrug I never thought Locke ever looked like a pirate by the way. His clothing is from the original artwork from Amano.

Really? Then why choose him when they could have chosen Maria or Leon? That would make more sense.

And how long does Minwu stay in the party? I know in FFII you have to recruit a lot of temporary allies, so why would they pick him? Is he important or something?

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

256. Posted:

I dunno. I never beaten the game and from what I've played I've never seen him. It didn't help that I hated FFII too.

His inclusion in the game is also a mystery to me as is Cid. Is that Cid even popular? I'd have liked another Cid instead.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

257. Posted:

Donjwolf wrote:

I dunno. I never beaten the game and from what I've played I've never seen him. It didn't help that I hated FFII too.

His inclusion in the game is also a mystery to me as is Cid. Is that Cid even popular? I'd have liked another Cid instead.

Isn't Cid the guy who randomly appears in every FF game?

Either way, I'm hoping to get an import copy of FFII on the Famicom, just want to find a converter for Famicom games on a box NES...

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

258. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk: Cid is a different character in every game. Usually, Cid is an airship pilot.

From what little I remember of playing II on GBA, Minwu is a very important character.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

259. Posted:

TwilightV wrote:

@TheDreamingHawk: Cid is a different character in every game. Usually, Cid is an airship pilot.

From what little I remember of playing II on GBA, Minwu is a very important character.

Then how can 5 characters fit in at one time in that game? I mean, I don't think the NES games had the ability to split your team into groups like in FFVI...

AuthorMessage

Emaan

260. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

Donjwolf wrote:

SPOILERS
SPOILERS

Yeah, that one FF went overboard with that.

FF4? :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann