Forums

Topic: Fantasy life

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,087

Yoshi

PhantomKirby wrote:

Just started the game a week ago, took me 16 hours to do all the tutorials and reach apprentice with each class, so excited to visit Grassy Plains West! If I said I spent 15 hours on a tutorial of just about any other game I would have quit by then. Game is so freaking good!

Oh, wow. Just goes to show how this game can be played from many approaches. I didn't try out the last Life I had until I was 25 hours in and progressed the story a bit.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Spoony_Tech

brewsky wrote:

PhantomKirby wrote:

Just started the game a week ago, took me 16 hours to do all the tutorials and reach apprentice with each class, so excited to visit Grassy Plains West! If I said I spent 15 hours on a tutorial of just about any other game I would have quit by then. Game is so freaking good!

Oh, wow. Just goes to show how this game can be played from many approaches. I didn't try out the last Life I had until I was 25 hours in and progressed the story a bit.

Yep, so many ways to play. I've still only tried 5 of them and mastered them all. I'll go do the others at some point but for now I'm happy.

Had to continue the story today. I'm guessing I'm about to enter the Ancient Ruins and I believe it will unlock just enough to advance to hero in each of these classes or maybe not lol. I'm almost at 80 hours and still going strong. No end in sight at this point.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

I'm really finding the mercenary life boring, or at least its default weapon, the long sword. It's so slow. I much prefer having faster attacks and a way to block moves (barring using a special you may or may not have when you need it).

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LzWinky

Nonsense! Kill everything in one hit with maximum strength!

On hte flip side, I'll be a Creator Miner once I reach 500 and I'll probably have all the materials for Creator Blacksmith

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Spoony_Tech

I have a ton of great swords I'd like to use one day. The attack power Looks crazy on some of them.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

WaLzgi wrote:

On hte flip side, I'll be a Creator Miner once I reach 500 and I'll probably have all the materials for Creator Blacksmith

Wait creator? How do the ranks go then?

MERG said:

Yoshi_Prime

TeeJay wrote:

I'm really finding the mercenary life boring, or at least its default weapon, the long sword. It's so slow. I much prefer having faster attacks and a way to block moves (barring using a special you may or may not have when you need it).

Waaaat. Mercenary is great! My Arcana Blade + Volcano special cannot be stopped. Who thought Ferociosaurus was a Master challenge? Because they were wrong.

Edited on by Yoshi_Prime

Yoshi_Prime

Yoshi

Spoony_Tech wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Wait creator? How do the ranks go then?

I think Creator is the extra class that you get with the DLC.

I believe the order is Novice, Fledgling, Apprentice, Adept, Expert, Master, Hero, Legend, and Creator.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Spoony_Tech

Ok, so hero is next then. I though that was it. This game just keeps getting bigger and bigger by the day. 200 hours sounds about right!

MERG said:

LzWinky

The DLC unlocks a lot of content. Well worth the price

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TeeJay

Gah I really want that DLC. So much stuuuuffff

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LzWinky

DLC's Creator Rank also unlocks Life Masters as partners. Jinx and Mustang are ridiculously good

Yoshi_Prime

WaLzgi wrote:

DLC's Creator Rank also unlocks Life Masters as partners. Jinx and Mustang are ridiculously good

And so it was that no other game was ever played again.

Yoshi_Prime

LzWinky

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

And so it was that no other game was ever played again.

Don't be silly! Smash U and Pokemon next week...and about 100 hours of Fantasy Life later

PhantomKirby

Trying to keep mastery levels about the same is haaaard. Can't become adept Tailor or Carpenter or Chef until I progress story! (This is really weird for me because normally all I care about in a game is the story, but all the jobs are ridiculously fun to play unless you back-to-back the crafting ones.) So much to see and do it hurts. Also, found out about L/R camera angles and can't stop staring even more at the scenery.
How is online? I want to try it but I also don't like the idea of not being able to do quests 'cuz I'm (unintentionally) hardcore grinding as it is.

Proud mayor of Shababob.

~Momentai~

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5386-4389

LzWinky

Ah, Fantasy Life is such a fine game. I spent a good hour getting that mine 500 times and became a Creator Miner. I then do the Woodcutter Hero quests and became a Hero.

...then I look at the Legendary quests. My eyes must have deceived me. I saw that one quest...that one...stupid...quest again...

Cut 500 trees. Cut 500 trees

CUT 500 TREES

GDI Level-5!!

Untitled

I moved on to Angler and plan to cut every tree in my way out of outrage.

Edited on by LzWinky

TeeJay

I bought a $10 eShop card and gave the code to my questing buddy who couldn't afford the dlc. She was thrilled. We plan on updating Friday!

What_Sthat

I managed to hit 500 mines and 500 chops before hitting Master on either Miner or Woodcutter.

Feels great knowing that, but also feels like maybe I'm doing too much.

Game(s) right now: Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon, World of Final Fantasy Maxima

LzWinky

Moral of the story: Mine and cut EVERYTHING.

Spoony_Tech

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm already at 500 chops or very close. I pretty much can't pass a tree without chopping it. I have learned to leave the pines and oaks alone though. As for mining I'm the same way, if I see it I mine it. Even the lesser ones still.

Still moving slowly at this point. Told the kids we would Kart 8 dlc today. I'll do a few and then sneak away for some more Fantasy Life.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic