Forums

Topic: Fantasy life

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,087

Spoony_Tech

andreoni79 wrote:

Since the battles seem too easy I'll start as Angler or Tailor, hoping that this will rise the challenge!

Why do you say that? From everything I've heard and seen the battles are challenging throughout. Not too hard though but as you level up so does the challenge with you.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

I wouldn't expect SMT levels of difficulty, but I'm sure the difficulty will rise as one gets further into the game. They're not going to stick a bunch of hardcore later game enemies into a trailer intended to appeal to the average 3DS owner.

I have no idea what I'm going to start off as in this game, and I love that feeling.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

andreoni79

Spoony_Tech wrote:

andreoni79 wrote:

Since the battles seem too easy I'll start as Angler or Tailor, hoping that this will rise the challenge!

Why do you say that? From everything I've heard and seen the battles are challenging throughout. Not too hard though but as you level up so does the challenge with you.

The few reviews I read say that the only real challenge in battles comes from random encounter with big enemies while you are free roaming; missions related battles are always quite easy...

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Spoony_Tech

andreoni79 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

andreoni79 wrote:

The few reviews I read say that the only real challenge in battles comes from random encounter with big enemies while you are free roaming; missions related battles are always quite easy...

Fair enough. I haven't really read any reviews just yet.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MetalGear_Yoshi

So bummed this didn't drop with the update. So new question, what regions 27th will this release on the eshop? I'm Australian so if it was ours it would be t- 17 hours. I'm so impatient for this game

MetalGear_Yoshi

6ch6ris6

GOT THE GAME TODAY !!!
i already regret buying it...because it so freaking addicting!!! i played almost 7 hours straight

here is my impression so far. no spoilers.
the game starts veeeeeeeeryyyyy slow and with a lot of text. but it is tolerable so far. i won't say anything about the story, because like many reviews already said it takes some time to start. the game world is super cool. visuals are nice and the 3D effect really shines in some dungeons, because those are built up like small (linear) labyrinths. the characters are soooooooo lovely and some dialogs will make you laugh^^ music is also totally fitting and easy on the ears.
oh before you start you have to make your avatar first. a nice editor with some funny things you can choose. then i started to become a hunter. this is kinda my main class. i dont think i will use any other fighting classes with this avatar. why you may ask? because when you lvl up you can give staus points to your character. of course you have to concentrate those points on a few statistics. i decided to go mainly on the one that help hunters deal more damage. dont know the name cause i play the german version. besides that i will put some on strenght and stamina because those help my other jobs: woodcutter and charpanter.
the fightin mechanics are simple but not too easy. you learn more skills when you lvl up your life/class. sometimes you encounter some kind of dungeonboss. those are harder because they take more damage and have meaner attacks. the game has just the right balance between fun and challange. i relly like that.
my second job was woodcutter. after the first job you can skip the first quest for any new job. i did that with woodcutter and later regreted it when i did the first quest for charapanter. i regret it not because of not learning the basci mechanics of that job (those are very easy to learn all by yourself) but i regret it because i didnt get to know the characters that woudl have teched me. reading the textboxes is part of the fun. the dialogs are very well wirtten and funny.
there are a few minor things that suck but they dont break the game. when you completed quests for your life/class you have to go to the specific master to earn the rewards and lvl up. but you can only do that when you have selceted that specific lifeclass. meaning you can not just get the rewards for woodcutterquests while you are a hunter. you first have to change life/class. a small thing but hm meh...

damn there is so much to talk about!! but i am tired i will post some screens i made. sadly fantasy lifes miiverse community has not been online as of yet but after a few quests you can do screenshots with start/select.

PS: i really had to stop myself from playing. the game is soooo addicting!

some weird dude
Untitled

i already made some furniture and got myself a dog! though i haven't figured out how to take him with me for hunting.
Untitled

my character so far
Untitled

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

GuardianKing wrote:

Does this game have any sort of date-sim functions? I'm kind of curious...

i havevnt seen any so far.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

k8sMum

@6ch6ris6

Well, if you need an intervention, better let us know before the rest of us get the game.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Lammashta

Downloading the game right now

Edit: does the game allow taking screenshots to the SD card?

Edited on by Lammashta

Lammashta

Spoony_Tech

I'm so glad this isn't out in the states yet. I'm so into Curtain Call and don't think this would get as much play time. I should be more then ready in a month's time.

MERG said:

Tigus

For those that got the DLC how big is it to download

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4350-2155 | Nintendo Network ID: TigusVaton

Pokefanmum82

I want to play this game now
I wish I could play it too. Oct 24th is too long a wait lol I hope that Super Smash Bros will be able to fill the void for me.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Tigus

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

I want to play this game now
I wish I could play it too. Oct 24th is too long a wait lol I hope that Super Smash Bros will be able to fill the void for me.

I know exactly what you mean...

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

Ufaowl

I'm a bit bothered with the life-changing feature. If your class (life) can be changed on a whim doesn't it diminish the significance of your choice? You have no need to stick to your class and figure out how it works and how you can cover it's weak points - you just switch it.
"You think I'm an archer 'cause I'm holding my bow. You managed to get close to me to strike. But here is me bashing you skull with my pot 'cause I'm also a cook trained by paladins"
"I was never troubled trying to cook well. I just add some happy potions i make. Anyway, as I also work as blacksmith i'm so huge that people are just scared to complain about quality"

I haven't got the game yet. Just curious.

Ufaowl

3DS Friend Code: 2895-8740-3220

Tigus

Ufaowl wrote:

I'm a bit bothered with the life-changing feature. If your class (life) can be changed on a whim doesn't it diminish the significance of your choice? You have no need to stick to your class and figure out how it works and how you can cover it's weak points - you just switch it.
"You think I'm an archer 'cause I'm holding my bow. You managed to get close to me to strike. But here is me bashing you skull with my pot 'cause I'm also a cook trained by paladins"
"I was never troubled trying to cook well. I just add some happy potions i make. Anyway, as I also work as blacksmith i'm so huge that people are just scared to complain about quality"

When you start a life you build your skills with that respective life once you switch you retain a level of the previous lives you worked in but can't fully utilize all the ability you had from each unless you working in that specific life. Its like real life in a way, if I work as a cook then become a soilder, the moment im asked or have need of culinary ability I have it you wouldn't just forget it all. You also can't change at any given moment you still have to go to the guild office to change the life itself.

Edited on by Tigus

-Me

LzWinky

At the same time, the game would not be nearly enjoyable if you could only do one life.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Spoony_Tech

Ufaowl wrote:

I don't think changing classes is quite that easy either. I'm pretty sure you need to go somewhere in town to switch.

MERG said:

Ralizah

I'm pretty sure when I own this, Smash, and Curtain Call they're going to fuse together into a singularity in my life from which free time cannot escape.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic