Forums

Topic: Fantasy life

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,087

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

@CanisWolfred: No worries. I have no idea what my schedule will be either. I keep getting called in lately to work

If we get together more then once or twice I'll be surprised tbh. I do most of my gaming after 10 pm est.

Yeah, what with work, University, and family time, my schedule is pretty limited too.

Nevertheless, we shall make it work!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

LzWinky

So apparently some of the updated content will be chopped and sold as DLC in the US (not sure about EU though)

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236251-fantasy-life-localization-...

To clarify, we are still getting the original game with all its content along with online multiplayer out of the box. Depending on the price, I might still get this despite the ethical questions. To be honest, I would put this in the "gray area" of ethics.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Spoony_Tech

Wow, just wow! O.o

I'll reserve my final decision when I learn more. Ie pricing and all. The additional content does sound cool. Maybe Nintendo will pull a Mario Golf and sell the game cheaper then set up the dlc. Only time will tell however I struggle just to get through the main games of anything now a days.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tigus

WaLzgi wrote:

So apparently some of the updated content will be chopped and sold as DLC in the US (not sure about EU though)

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236251-fantasy-life-localization-...

To clarify, we are still getting the original game with all its content along with online multiplayer out of the box. Depending on the price, I might still get this despite the ethical questions. To be honest, I would put this in the "gray area" of ethics.

is this legit, from the sound of it the content won't come up until awhile after the games release I don't mind paying for it sense we get so much for free as is. I added everyone who added me looking forward to October!

Edited on by Tigus

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4350-2155 | Nintendo Network ID: TigusVaton

CanisWolfred

They said it'll be paid launch DLC. Damnit Nintendo, stop pulling a Capcom on us and go back to showing other companies that you shouldn't butt**** your customers if you actually want their money...kinda glad I forgot to pre-order it yesterday...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

CanisWolfred wrote:

They said it'll be paid launch DLC. Damnit Nintendo, stop pulling a Capcom on us and go back to showing other companies that you shouldn't butt**** your customers if you actually want their money...kinda glad I forgot to pre-order it yesterday...

At the same time, I put this in the "grey area" because it wasn't part of the original game in Japan and it was sold separately there as well. AND we're getting all of the original game plus online for no extra. This DLC seems to be genuine extra content, so I'm withholding my judgment until I know the price.

Also, I mentioned in other "DLC" related arguments that my particular argument is as follows: I think DLC is okay IF the game itself is worth the price asked for it and the DLC content is actual extra content.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Spoony_Tech

Yeah I'm none to happy about it either. I do think if we make a big enough stink about it of all Companies Nintendo will change its mind. Although I have a bad feeling this will be on cartridge dlc and it will be an unlock code which makes it much worse.

Persona Q is starting to look just a bit better now!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LzWinky

Why is this extra content suddenly changing your minds about getting the game as a whole? Just don't buy the extra content...

CanisWolfred

WaLzgi wrote:

Why is this extra content suddenly changing your minds about getting the game as a whole? Just don't buy the extra content...

Because you can tame a dragon.

A Dragon.

That type of $#!+ should not be taken out of the game and made into optional content.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tigus

Idc i'll pay whatever as long as I get more content to an already amazing game but yeah were actually getting the better deal here cause the same content was sold over there without the online so I'm happy.

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

Spoony_Tech

Oh I'm still getting it. I think it's more or less we aren't use to Nintendo pulling crap like this. I won't say anything more till I know more. Nintendo usually makes it right in the end.

Still think Atlus is going a bit too far though. That I'm protesting!

MERG said:

LzWinky

CanisWolfred wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Because you can tame a dragon.

A Dragon.

That type of $#!+ should not be taken out of the game and made into optional content.

What if they didn't charge much for it? I think I can justify some extent of Day 1 DLC if the quality and price are right

Tigus

Technically speaking it was DLC to begin with so its the same as if we had the original Fantasy Life and got the LINK! DLC separately for a most likely cheaper price, its the same thing it makes little to no difference.

Edited on by Tigus

-Me

kkslider5552000

I'd be fine with it if the game costs 30 dollars and the DLC 10. So it would just be the price of a 3DS game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

WaLzgi wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

At the same time, I put this in the "grey area" because it wasn't part of the original game in Japan and it was sold separately there as well. AND we're getting all of the original game plus online for no extra. This DLC seems to be genuine extra content, so I'm withholding my judgment until I know the price.

No it wasn't. It was included in Link, which was an upgraded re-release billed as an "expansion". That's like saying it'd be okay if Nintendo took out the extra content in Bravely Default: For The Sequel and sold it as DLC. Which they didn't. Or if Capcom took out the extra content in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and sold it as DLC, which even they didn't. So yeah, I don't see how this is grey at all. It's ****ed up, plain and simple.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

Was it indeed dlc or was it sold at full price and it came along with the full game?

MERG said:

Tigus

CanisWolfred wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

No it wasn't. It was included in Link, which was an upgraded re-release billed as an "expansion". That's like saying it'd be okay if Nintendo took out the extra content in Bravely Default: For The Sequel and sold it as DLC. Which they didn't. Or if Capcom took out the extra content in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and sold it as DLC, which even they didn't. So yeah, I don't see how this is grey at all. It's ****ed up, plain and simple.

No it was, Fantasy Life LINK! was a separate add on it wasn't a simple free update, watch the commercials for it they explain you can buy it as a new game separately from the original or have the original and buy the add on Its paid for either way.

-Me

LzWinky

CanisWolfred wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Would you have been offended if they charged more for the entire game as a whole?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic