Forums

Topic: Factory Settings

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Jay3DS

If I make purchases from the eshop, and then I decide to reset the console back to factory settings, can I then re-visit the eshop and re-download my games at no extra cost? Does your eshop account go by the consoles serial number or something rather than your 'Friends card'?

Jay3DS

theblackdragon

If you perform a system format, you will be able to redownload all your previously-downloaded games from the eShop, yes. this includes Ambassador titles, btw.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Jay3DS

theblackdragon wrote:

If you perform a system format, you will be able to redownload all your previously-downloaded games from the eShop, yes. this includes Ambassador titles, btw.

Ok so it does go by the console itself then?

If someone buys a used 3DS console, and they made purchases in the eshop, then does this mean the person who buys the console get's that persons downloads?

How does it work if you go from a 3DS to an XL then? What happens to the games you bought?

Jay3DS

TheNintendOtaku

Your eShop account and general 3DS Data are saved as two separate things. A system formal wipes the latter, but leaves your eShop account intact. So if you format the system memory, all of your purchases will be fine. Meanwhile, if you go from a 3DS to a 3DSXL, Just about everything is retained; All of your eShop stuff (including unspent funds) and pretty much all of your general data, too.

TheNintendOtaku

RR529

Great topic, and just in time. I'm considering selling my 3DS (a discussion for a different forum), and I want to know how to erase my card info from the eShop.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.