Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 223

Eel

I actually can't read any code right now either.

Ugh it's so weird, because it detects QR codes from other etrian odysseys in like half a second.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

gcunit

Haven't played any EO yet. What do the QR codes do?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

@gcunit An NPC named Conrad shows up regularly throughout the game. If you scan the guild cards of other people, you can get party members from their games to show up instead of Conrad.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Yeah this QR code thing sucks! I hate Conrad

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Ralizah

Here's mine. I've never had such a hard time copying QR codes from previous games.

Edited on by Ralizah

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Where you able to recognize any Ralizah?

God loves you

Ralizah

@SMEXIZELDAMAN Crimsontadpole's code. But they aren't rocking a NA copy of the game, so I can't register their code.

I can't tell you how glad I am that the Switch is region free.

Eel

This isn't even due to the 3DS being region locked.

Atlus simply decided to limit these codes by region. It's all on their part.

Bloop.

Ralizah

@Meowpheel I know, but I'd like to think that Atlus will be less likely to create these sorts of limitations for games on a device that isn't region locked to begin with.

Eel

Well, I'd say the lack of a normal camera is probably the main reason this won't happen on the switch. No QR codes to be read means no region locked QR codes.

Anyway, chances are the region lock of the console had very little to do with this. They must have had their reasons, good or not. We may never know.

Bloop.

Ralizah

I started replaying this earlier in the week, and I'm already near the end of the second stratum!

I don't recall why the game put me off when it first came back, but I take back anything negative I ever said about it. This game is absolutely brilliant! Especially the integration of race skills into normal dungeoneering and Adventure Episodes. And Adventure Episodes! Even though this game is the lightest on outright narrative since EO2, the AEs always make it feel like there is stuff happening. They're quite brilliant, and make almost every dive into the labyrinth worthwhile. Also, cooking is cool, and the classes are brilliantly balanced, allowing the player to easily develop multiple viable builds, even early in the game.

Ralizah

God, I can't put this down!

Just defeated the boss of the third stratum (all of my people were around level 27). I really enjoyed the music and aesthetic of this stratum, but I have to say, some of the random encounters are absolutely brutal.

Ralizah

Welp, finally beat the 4th Stratum boss with a lvl 49 party. That fight was a doozy! Once you realize his "gimmick," he's manageable, though. Honestly, the worst part of the encounter is trying to dodge his attacks on the field long enough to reach the stupid thing.

I think I might sit the game down for a while before I clear the home stretch.

Edited on by Ralizah

FX102A

Unfortunately this game went completely under my radar and now unable to find a copy at any UK store. Anyone care to enlighten me on a relatively unknown store I may have missed? (P.s eShop is not a viable answer).

FX102A

Eel

Wait this game already came out...? OOOOHH this is the V thread. Not the X thread. My bad.

I sometimes find random Atlus games at music stores that also sell other electronics, that's how I got The Dark Spire and Etrian Mystery Dungeon with their music cds. You could also try buying online.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

gcunit

@FX102A I somehow managed to snag a used copy for £8 from Music Magpie this week.

Just the small matter of playing 1-4 and then I'll be right on it

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Middle of the 3rd stratum. Game is fire! The difficulty is mad ramping up now. I was way overpowered for the 2nd stratum and creamed the enemy. I've died to normal enemy encounters up here in 3!

God loves you

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.