Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 223

Ralizah

Not sure how I feel about the Adventure Episodes in this game. Free EXP is nice, but some of them feel sort of trite.

Walk around, find berry

Don't eat berry

Adventure episode: By exercising caution, you avoided eating the poison berry!
+100EXP

I get that it's supposed to add a meta sorta tabletop RPG feel to it, but... I dunno.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Eel

Well, they give you literal travel experience.

The people who didn't the berry were cautious, those who did ended up learning something.

Your smarts went up.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

Has anyone downloaded the FM soundtrack DLC yet?

@Meowpheel I know, I guess it just seems weird that they keep pointing out every time something organically crops up within the game. It's a bit obtrusive and gamey and breaks the mood of the dungeon crawling for me.

Edited on by Ralizah

oninowon

I've been very disappointed with the dlc's offered by Nintendo not just this game but with majority of their other games too. I believe I've only purchased dlc from two 3DS games.

oninowon

SMEXIZELDAMAN

DLC sucks. Etrian Odyssey rocks.

For those that've played the game. How would you say the difficulty compares to other games in the series?
(Note: I've played IV, Millennium Girl and III)

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Spoony_Tech

@SMEXIZELDAMAN I thought it started out hard for the first few hours but once you get some levels it does get easier. Probably on par with IV but I though IV started out easier though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

@SMEXIZELDAMAN Harder than IV, for sure. More in line with the third game.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Thanks for the responses, guys. Trying to decide if I'm putting this on my Christmas list or not...there are so many games

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

oninowon

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

DLC sucks. Etrian Odyssey rocks.

For those that've played the game. How would you say the difficulty compares to other games in the series?
(Note: I've played IV, Millennium Girl and III)

From hardest to easiest IMHO:
EO II
EO III
EO V
EO IV

I've not played EO I yet and I don't think I ever will so I could not compare that game to the others.

oninowon

crimsontadpoles

The second stratum boss is giving me plenty of trouble. Well, all Etrian Odyssey bosses can be problematic, but I'm struggling with this one more than usual. My party are all at level 30, and I think that I'll need to grind a few more levels before I have any chance of defeating it. Maybe I'll see whether I can defeat the monkey FOEs yet, perhaps their materials can be crafted into something that'll help.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Spoony_Tech

@crimsontadpoles I totally forgot what that boss was. Refresh my memory? I do know I barely beat it as one or 2 more turns and my party would've been wiped out.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

crimsontadpoles

@Spoony_Tech It's the Hippogryth in Jagged Reach. My problem is when it does a powerful Sky Dive that hurts my entire party, then defends and heals for several turns.

It heals too much health for me, so I'll need to come back later once I can deal more damage to it. Plus I could do with bringing TP restoring items to the battle, and perhaps getting lucky with binding it.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

oninowon

crimsontadpoles wrote:

@Spoony_Tech It's the Hippogryth in Jagged Reach. My problem is when it does a powerful Sky Dive that hurts my entire party, then defends and heals for several turns.

It heals too much health for me, so I'll need to come back later once I can deal more damage to it. Plus I could do with bringing TP restoring items to the battle, and perhaps getting lucky with binding it.

I suggest you try using skills that place status effects on your enemies. You may also want to use an item or skill to see its stats.

oninowon

MetalKingShield

Fenrir6 wrote:

I have a question for the veterans of this series:
I've never played a full game before, I tried the IV demo but couldn't do much in it (with only 3 uses), then I recently tried the V demo and I'm really liking it!
Considering the big difference in price (10€ for IV vs 50€ for V), which one would you recommend me?

V is slightly better, but if price is a consideration, I'd get IV instead. Both are absolutely brilliant. As others have said, IV features an overworld you traverse in an airship, which does cause a few problems here and there. I'd still say that, before V came along, IV was the best RPG on 3DS.

crimsontadpoles wrote:

That's the fight you need Panic resist for (Goat Earrings, if I recall correctly), so you need the rest of your armour to make up for the weakness of wearing an accessory. Definitely get the drops from absolutely every non-boss you've encountered so far, including the FOEs.

The Hippogryph is weak to Volt and susceptible to Head Bind, so definitely have a Warlock with Lightning. For front row, I had a Pugilist, Harbinger and Masurao.

MetalKingShield

Ralizah

https://gematsu.com/2017/12/new-etrian-odyssey-3ds-announced-...

Atlus held an Etrian Odyssey 10th Anniversary Closing Talk Show in Japan today, where it confirmed that it will announce its new Etrian Odyssey title for 3DS in spring 2018.

The new Etrian Odyssey title was first confirmed back in September. At the time, series director Shigeo Komori said it would be a ‘festival-like’ culmination of the series. At the event today, Komori said that it will not be Etrian Odyssey 3 Untold, but rather a “true culmination” with “map drawing to the point that it’s unpleasant” (this was likely a joking way to say it has a lot of map drawing), and “completely unexpected content.”

More Etrian Odyssey for 3DS, which is nice. I'm surprised it's not Untold 3, though.

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah The core fans will buy it for sure but at what point will they be missing a huge opportunity to make this for the Switch? I can see my 3ds just sitting there till this comes out and maybe even then not really wanting to pick it up and play it.

I haven't even touched this game since the beginning of November when the Switch gaming blitz hit and I can't see me going back anytime soon and that sad to say as while I dont think it's as good as 4 it's still Etrian at its core!

MERG said:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech Etrian Odyssey isn't a good match for the Switch thanks to its lack of a second screen, though. I'd honestly be pretty happy if they just kept making Etrian games for 3DS, although I think they've said this is the last EO game on the 3DS. Maybe period, considering this is a "festival-like culmination of the series."

If it comes to the Switch, it's going to have to be pretty radically changed, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. The mapping is the core distinguishing feature of this series in comparison to other modern first-person gridders.

Edited on by Ralizah

Pokefanmum82

I can't wait for that. It sounds exciting. I still have to buy this game though.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.