Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl

Posts 141 to 154 of 154

SuperPokefan95

@GuardianKing What @Ralizah said. Each stratum has its own theme to it. The first stratum is usually a forest but from then on, the stratum's theme could be anything (volcanic, underwater, desert-like, an ancient library, etc.). The dungeon layouts alone add variety to the stratums anyways.

@Ralizah Untold 3's story will probably try to tie all 3 of the different routes together, or maybe even let you go through all 3 of the different routes. Without a doubt, they will probably add a Gladsheim/Ginnunga area that'd tie in with the story or even one of the main characters.

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I'll take an Untold 3 but please not for IV. It stands very well in its own and imo never needs one. It might be the first Untold I won't get unless they really add something I can't resist.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SuperPokefan95

@Spoony_Tech I think IV is the only game I don't want to get a remake until they get to EOVII or EOVIII. Even then, I can really only see them adding in new mechanics from future EO games (floor jump, new map features, etc.) and a new area to tie in with the story mode.

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

nacho_chicken

For Untold 3, they should replace the ship-sailing minigame and replace it with a sea-based version of EOIV's overworld.

Also, they should totally buff Ninjas /s

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Eel

Didn't they make the untold games to bring the older games to the level of story/mechanics the fourth game had?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

@Morpheel: Yes but it wouldn't surprise me if they update 4 one day just because they want to add more story to it.

@nacho_chicken: I was thinking the same thing. Would love if they could somehow incorporate the sailing into the story instead of making it optional. I focused more on the sailing and never finished it because of that. If they make it mandatory then I'll be good to go lol.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

I primarily like that the Untold games update the outdated mechanics in the older games. Even playing EO3, which is easily the most refined of the DS games, the lack of precision in the mapping tools provided is startling. I never noticed this when I originally played through the games!

As far as I can see, the Untold games have three functions:
1) Update mechanics
2) Update the visuals to the engine used in IV and beyond
3) Add story

An Untold version of IV would only fulfill that last function, and would otherwise be incredibly pointless.

I'm really not happy with how Atlus is trying to turn this series into a more traditional JRPG. One of the strengths of the series has always been the degree to which it lets the player tell their own story. EOIV was a perfect model for how to integrate this more free-form approach with a heavier focus on story.

For now, it's all cool because Atlus is preserving classic mode, but what approach will EOV take? I don't think it should be broken up into multiple modes. It needs to be one unified experience.

@Spoony_Tech
Yeah, I agree, they need to fit the sailing into the main gameplay. At this point in the game, it just feels like a waste of resources.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

-Godot

nacho_chicken wrote:

For Untold 3, they should replace the ship-sailing minigame and replace it with a sea-based version of EOIV's overworld. /s

Hey, I came here to post that! Cheater!

Currently bored (while change when I stop being bored)

salv-ice

Hi everyone !

I've been reading this topic and you made me want to try this game ! I've never played any Etrian Odyssey before but I've played a lot of rpgs and jrpgs.

I just begun Millenium Girl and I'm enjoying it a lot ! I think I will sunk dozens of hours in this game thanks to you all !

I will also buy EO 4 before it's out of stock

Cheers

salv-ice

Spoony_Tech

@salv-ice: Hope you're enjoying it. If you continue to enjoy this I also recommend EO2 Untold as well as Persona Q. Persona Q is built using the same design as the EO series and I'm currently enjoying that Right as we speak. If you have any question I'll be glad to help. I haven't played this game here outside of the demo but I do own it and beat the original many years ago.

I just realized you're from Europe. Not even sure if Persona Q is available over there as of yet. I do know EO2 Untold is on its way though. EO4 imo is still the best in the series as the overworld really evolves the series.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

salv-ice

@Spoony_Tech: Yeah this game is awesome ! I play it everyday in the train and during my lunch break and enjoying every minute ! I already bought EO IV so I can be sure to have it before it's out of stock in my country as it seems that these games become rare over time.
Apparently Untold 2 will be released next year in Europe. Good as it will let me play all the great RPGs I own on the 3ds (Fire Emblem, Tales of the Abyss and Mario & Luigi)... too many great games on this system
Persona Q is also available in EU, maybe I'll get it in the future !

salv-ice

salv-ice

Hi there

I have a noob question about Grimoire Stones, I don't really get how these things work... So sorry if it sounds too trivial.

Let's say I have my Highlander with Spear level 3. If I equip him with a Grimoire Stone that has Spear Level 1, will my Highlander benefit from the Spear bonus and have Spear lvl 4 ?

Or do I have to use that stone with a character that does not have Spear capability ?

Cheers !

salv-ice

Spoony_Tech

@salv-ice: I wish I could give you a better answer. I'm not sure if the stones stack skill wise. Untold 2 does a much better job of explaining those stones. A lot of people didn't understand how they were used and simply didn't use them. Not sure if anyone else here played the game enough to understand them either. Hope you get your answer.

MERG said:

salv-ice

@Spoony_Tech: Thanks for your reply I'll try to find the info somewhere else.

Happy gaming !

salv-ice

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.