Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl

Posts 101 to 120 of 154

Spoony_Tech

@Algus They're probably referring to one of the responce I got from the drunk girl lol. Said she was from Ontario where there are a lot of maple trees. Also said it was far north!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

@Algus: There's also one of Fred's skills, every time she defends herself in the back row, the people in the front row heal a little.

There are many ways to heal a little in this game lol

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blast

The demo....is mindblowing. Just.... wow. So good. So freaking good. I actually like all the characters. Even the Highlander is cool. I am incredibly impressed. Pokemon X + Sonic Lost World 3D + EO: MG = nonstop 3DS playing!!!!!!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Algus

Hmm, I was putting points in Frederica's crit skills and she was becoming my best attacker. I don't know if I'd want to waste her turn defending. She plays a lot like the Sniper from EO4 which makes me happy. I love the back row binding w/decent physical attacks when I don't need the binds.

It seems like it might be easy to stack effects. The basic buff you get from the guildhouse heals you up at the end of the turn as well. I was constantly refreshing my HP. I hope this game doesn't end up being to easy lol

Where's the KABOOM?! There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM! sigh delays...delays...

Pokefanmum82

I have this pre-ordered but not sure I have the patience for this game. I'm having a hard time with the map making portion of the game. But I love the rest of it.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Spoony_Tech

@mumof3kids82 Check the options. There is an auto fill in the walls option!

Trust me people these are the best options I've seen in a long time for an rpg. They really went all out this time. I think it will greatly cut down the time to finish it!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

mumof3kids82 wrote:

I have this pre-ordered but not sure I have the patience for this game. I'm having a hard time with the map making portion of the game. But I love the rest of it.

Drawing the map really grows on you, before you know it you'll be telling the virtual monsters "wait wait, let me finish this first".

Bloop.

Spoony_Tech

@Morphtorok Yeah but why do it if you don't have to. I for one am not doing it as I've got enough to play as it is. This will be a big time saver for me. I've mapped out four games and this is my reward!

MERG said:

Algus

I've really appreciated how it seems like they have gone out of their way to cater both to the die-hard dungeon crawlers and the lighter RPG crowd with this game. I can't think of to many other games that have tried so hard to include so many different modes and options.

Where's the KABOOM?! There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM! sigh delays...delays...

Eel

@spoony_tech: believe it or not, but map drawing is a big part of the experience for me, if the game did it all itself I would get very bored very fast of it.
I spend most of my etrian odyssey time drawing the map, taking notes and tweaking little details and stuff.

Considering I have only played one game in the series... I look forward to drawing the maps in this one too... And future remakes and sequels!

Bloop.

Spoony_Tech

@Morphtorok I'm glad you enjoy it but the way I figure it is I'm not coming back to this floor again unless I need to for an unopened door or secret I couldn't reach before. The first game really makes you come back to all the earlier levels as they're hugh! You think you're done mapping it only to find out much latter in the game it opens up even more. Now I'm still going to have to map out a it just not the walls. I thank Atlus for this.

MERG said:

KittenKoder

Morphtorok wrote:

@spoony_tech: believe it or not, but map drawing is a big part of the experience for me, if the game did it all itself I would get very bored very fast of it.
I spend most of my etrian odyssey time drawing the map, taking notes and tweaking little details and stuff.

Considering I have only played one game in the series... I look forward to drawing the maps in this one too... And future remakes and sequels!

I concur, the mapping portion is like a minigame, but one that makes sense. A dungeon crawler would bore me to death quickly without some gimmick to keep me playing.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

Windy

KittenKoder wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

I concur, the mapping portion is like a minigame, but one that makes sense. A dungeon crawler would bore me to death quickly without some gimmick to keep me playing.

To be honest I thought the demo was a Snooze fest and Drawing in the map made it that much more tedious. I will more than likely get this at some point but I ended up making the Choice to pre-pay a copy of Pokemon which will be my first time playing I usually just buy every RPG that comes out. It was a matter of money and the Demo felt slow to me so Pokemon gets the shot this time around.

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

David_NL

This is the first 3DS retail game I am going to buy since EO IV. I will probably like to play through story mode first after watching the video of classic. All the classes are rehashed it seems. Enjoyed the demo a lot and looking forward to this new entryin my most played beloved handheld rpg series!

David_NL

Eel

Well, the classes are rehashed mostly because this games is actually not entirely new, it's a remake of the first game with a new story mode added.

The classic mode uses exactly same character art and basic story as the first game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Blast

Hahah the only thing I kinda smirked at during the demo was the dialogue options for the Highlander. Anyone else notice how "diverse" speech options the Highlander has? Example: A girl is hurt... What do you say to her? "Its okay. Let me help you." OR "Stay there. I don't care." Basically, Atlus did the classic "choose what a nice guy would say or a mean guy would say". I'm always picking the nice guy options because the mean options make the Highlander very unlikable.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Spoony_Tech

Reviews are pooring in and its looking good so far!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/etrian-odyssey-untold-the-...

MERG said:

ThePirateCaptain

@Tech
Since you're pretty much the resident EO expert around here, how would you rate the series thus far?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Spoony_Tech

Lol. Ok ill bite

Well as a whole I give it a 9 out of 10. The series had evolved quite nicely imo. The first was good but pales by what the series has done with each addition. My problem with the first was lack of options by todays standards. Other then that the core really hasn't changed much outside of the sailing in EOIII which turned into the wonderful flying overworld in EOIV. I think the most important part is that it stayed the same yet offered up enough new and kept evolving.

At first I wasn't interested in the remake of the first since its still freah in my memeory but the story mode and added dungeon really make it that much better. I'm seeing quite a few differences from the original and not just in graphics and options but added stuff in the dungeons. Still gameplay wise it is a small step back from EOIV and the dungeons are designed different since its 5 floor instead of three like EOIV. Still I like the floor hopping option and the way they keep thinking of new things to add to make the game more accessable to old and new fans!!

MERG said:

Algus

Well, I ended up going right for classic mode despite the fact that the demo got me strongly interested in trying out the story mode. I've been having a lot of fun so far! The beginning is slightly easier than in the original game though I was still having to fall back to town frequently to heal. The big difference I think is that since you don't have to invest in gathering skills to farm, it is easier to get money early on. I had a much easier time of getting set up with being able to get ariadne threads and pushing through the dungeons. In the original game, money is so tight early on that you basically need to spend time farming items with a side party. That's gone now. The auto-jump on the staircases helps too.

I'm missing the Highlander and Gunner from story mode though as I thought both classes were very cool. I don't know if they are unlockable or not in classic mode but it would be nifty if they were. So far I've been investing a lot of skill points in passives to get my party able to easily clear random battles. This might hurt me when I try to take on the first boss, which I'm getting close to.

I take it everyone else is going to start with story mode first? lol

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.