Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Posts 801 to 820 of 875

MERG

Front line: I/R, L/A, F/D
Back line: S/D, M/R

I had leveled Logre (Whirlwind) up to 62 and used his hawkeye, runic gleam and shock drive. I used my L/A for heavy sword hits and chain and head circles. F/D for defence (obviously), S/D for venom / nerve throws and some back line defense and M/R for healing and volt rune /attacks.

It started off fine and got hairy once as the face regenerated but once I broke the face again it fell rather quickly.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

Well I'm glad you finally beat it!! I guess ill see you in another two years!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

If I'm lucky!

Did you totally beat it yet?

Spoony_Tech

Yeah right. I've died so many times just from normal monsters. You can be glad you're done but there are some nice surprises!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

I'll push on but not as intensely for a while. I want Monster Hunter (plus other games) and I have a book I'm trying to finish.

RevolverLink

I've taken a bit of a break from EOIV after getting the getting creamed by Kibagami a few weeks back (after I thought I had him on his last legs; it's been a while since a boss turned the tables on me that quickly). I need to get back on that horse soon, before I start forgetting how to play the game and how I'm trying to build my party.

Also, this very well could've been posted earlier ITT and I just missed it (in which case, I apologize in advance), but I wanted to share that Atlus added two more re-orchestrated songs for Millennium Girl to their website last month. In addition to the gorgeous new version of The Green Green Woodlands that I know we all heard, we now know what Initial Strike (I can feel the adrenaline pumping already!) and The Lounge Where We Speak of Tomorrow will sound like.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Spoony_Tech

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I started playing the demo again and I'm loving it! One question though. What's with the map making in the dungeons, how important is that?

Well you could probably get through the whole game without mapping. However I can see you getting lost a lot as some areas have multiple paths. If I were you and this is your first EO you need to map and I say that should be 100% for you! Now the over world I hardly ever mapped so you should be good there. Its not needed 95% of the time!

Any other questions!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

GoombaJMR

Hey tech, it's been some time...did you beat the Guy (Dont wanna spoil name) yet? (Maze 6 final)

GoombaJMR

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3671-7874

Retro_on_theGo

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I started playing the demo again and I'm loving it! One question though. What's with the map making in the dungeons, how important is that?

Well you could probably get through the whole game without mapping. However I can see you getting lost a lot as some areas have multiple paths. If I were you and this is your first EO you need to map and I say that should be 100% for you! Now the over world I hardly ever mapped so you should be good there. Its not needed 95% of the time!

Any other questions!

Actually yes. XD If I don't draw the lines the tiles I revealed by exploring the dungeon won't be saved? Is there an overall goal to the game or is it just quest after quest?

Spoony_Tech

Ha. No I'm about 35% through the second floor. How many floors are there?

MERG said:

GoombaJMR

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Ha. No I'm about 35% through the second floor. How many floors are there?

2 Big big floors and a medium sized incredibly tricky 3rd floor...it's quite epic...that guy
Still cant beat the guy even at level 90+ for all my guys (didnt do the puzzle right)

GoombaJMR

Spoony_Tech

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Any other questions!

Actually yes. XD If I don't draw the lines the tiles I revealed by exploring the dungeon won't be saved? Is there an overall goal to the game or is it just quest after quest?

No I believe it still saves your data! As for the overall goal you are on a quest to get the big tree you can see! Its actually the goal on all the games. Once you get to the 5th land the story really kicks in but for as little story this game has its definitly the most story out of all of them up to this point and has some nice surprises!

MERG said:

GoombaJMR

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Any other questions!

No I believe it still saves your data! As for the overall goal you are on a quest to get the big tree you can see! Its actually the goal on all the games. Once you get to the 5th land the story really kicks in but for as little story this game has its definitly the most story out of all of them up to this point and has some nice surprises!

Actually if you don't save at the Inn, your maps and stat increases/item gets wont be saved...so ALWAYS remember to save!
Also Retro add me..

GoombaJMR

Retro_on_theGo

@GoombaJMR will do

@OldMan-Tech Should I switch out party members for people in reserve every once in a while to level them up or should I just stick with the team you first set up? Is it a good idea to level up more than just your intial batch or is it more tedious than its worth? Everyone's at lV 6 right now.
Just beat the demo too!

Spoony_Tech

@Retro_on_theGo The way I play I level all my players across the board. Its just the way I play rpgs. Its not necessary here though as later in the game you unlock sub classes and you can use some of the ablities of those players. You should at least have a runemaster as a good deal of monsters have a weakness to something. Also binds are really effective and a medic is almost a given. Later on in the game you unlock 3 more classes all very good as well and you might want to use them as well. Don't worry though as you will get someone in that class around your level. Plus at some point in the game you get the option to train some of those sideline players to level 35 I believe and that really helps! So stick with the party you want but if you hit a wall you might need another to help you out just don't forget that!

MERG said:

Algus

Umm, hmm, I only did one trade out when I was playing and replaced my Nightseeker, which I felt was an underperformer, with a Bushi.

Cool thing with the unlockable classes is you get a character already trained up and ready to go. You also earn "training sessions" after you clear the later mazes that let you instantly boost lower level characters so if you want to make your own character instead of use the one given to you, you can do that too. There is a pretty big level gap between my Bushi and the rest of my party (around 7-8 levels) but it isn't significant enough to hamper the Bushi's effectiveness which is good. This is a very gear-intense RPG.

I don't use a runemaster (well my Bushi has it subbed for some of the passives) and it made some of the fights really awkward. The boss of the 4th maze rotates weaknesses and can become really resistant to physical attacks so I would end up having to bunker down and spam defense over multiple turns until I could damage him again.

I kind of want to switch my Landsknecht for an Imperial because I like being able to replenish TP but I'm loathe to trade in my favorite character.

Where's the KABOOM?! There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM! sigh delays...delays...

GoombaJMR

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Thanks for all the tips and help guys! I really appreciate it! I'm almost done with the available quests in this demo so I'm so tempted to buy the full game right now.
I'm looking on Amazon actually. Do I still get the CD and art book if I buy it there?

BUY it! I believe you still do get the CD and the Art Book...although it isnt much..
You'll definitely enjoy the game...probably playing it for an upwards 80 hours and until you got really high level peeps (80s and up maybe?) Hope you enjoy your time with it .assuming that you get it.
I'm also about to buy AC and KIU...

didnt add me yet D:

GoombaJMR

Sorry, this topic has been locked.