Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Posts 581 to 600 of 875

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

Holy heaven's above...where do you find the time!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Long story short first its easier for me on a hand held to play anywhere. Second I've cut my hours back in half to stay home with the kids since it makes more sense for me then my wife to cut back. Child care was costing well over 1000$ a month!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

Well THAT makes sense!! We had family help when the kids were younger...while we paid it was cheap in comparison. And now we do public school and an affordable after care.

Hey...shouldn't you be watching kids instead of gaming?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Ralizah

Tech101 wrote:

MERG wrote:

Holy heaven's above...where do you find the time!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Long story short first its easier for me on a hand held to play anywhere. Second I've cut my hours back in half to stay home with the kids since it makes more sense for me then my wife to cut back. Child care was costing well over 1000$ a month!!

If you don't mind my asking, what professions do you and your wife work in?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

I use to manage a pizza restaurant and cut back my hours and now drive. I almost make as much money as before actually. My wife is a project manager for a major printing company! She has the insurance and higher pay thus her job Is more important at this time to us.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

Hey...you are lucky you are able to cut back on hours!

Spoony_Tech

So far I'm disappointed by the lack of cool surprises at the third altitude in the first three worlds. Oh and there appears to be a fourth altitude. O.o

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

MERG

So far I'm disappointed that I STILL can't take down the dang lizard!

A fourth altitude...

Ralizah

Yo dawg, I herd you like altitudes...

Started playing this again. I need to finish the main dungeon of the third land (which has become much friendlier now that I don't have to worry about tornadoes)

MERG

@Tech...F.I.N.A.L.L.Y.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That took me way too long!

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

@Tech...F.I.N.A.L.L.Y.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That took me way too long!

Cool!! You get a cookie!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

MERG

I could go for a cookie!

Spoony_Tech

Here's your cookie!!

MERG said:

MERG

RevolverLink

Any tips for fighting the Hollow Queen in the Misty Ravine? I seemed to be doing well until I whittled its health down to 20%, and then it quickly crushed me (does its attack and/or speed go up?). Maybe it was simply bad luck, but all of my attempts to inflict binds and status effects (which had been especially helpful up to that point) failed to connect towards the end of the battle.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Ralizah

Wow, the Boiling Lizard is a total pushover if you prepare for the battle right.

RevolverLink wrote:

Any tips for fighting the Hollow Queen in the Misty Ravine? I seemed to be doing well until I whittled its health down to 20%, and then it quickly crushed me (does its attack and/or speed go up?). Maybe it was simply bad luck, but all of my attempts to inflict binds and status effects (which had been especially helpful up to that point) failed to connect towards the end of the battle.

Level up your binding ability, and bind her head ASAP.
Use the arcanist's poison circle spell on the hollow queen. That extra damage every turn helps. You might need to cast it a couple of times before it works.
Don't worry about attacking her minions, because she'll just summon new ones as soon as they're dead. Focus your attacks on her
Use your protector's line shield ability to take some of the heat off the weaker party members.
Ideally, if you have a healer, have her focus her spells on your protector as often as possible if she is using line shield.

Edited on by Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

Where are you at MERG? Reach the 4th land yet? The story actually takes off finally!!

MERG said:

slidecage

if you think those bosses are bad wait till you fight the final 2 bosses.... level 63 and still getting killed maybe one day i will go back to it

its been bout 3 weeks since i played it.. the new pokemon 3ds game is taking up all my time and getting soul hackers probally next week... though i may go play strange journey first or Infinite Space (now there is major pain in the ass game... space is one of the harder insane rpg games i played

slidecage

MERG

Tech101 wrote:

Where are you at MERG? Reach the 4th land yet? The story actually takes off finally!!

I reached the fourth land. I am headed back there to get the black flame.

pka4916

Hello,
I am stuck for days now and have no clue what to do..
There is 1 map in the D6 area I believe with a monster behind the wood, but that stupid monkey will not follow me out there.
2nd... I went everywhere on the 1st map and have like 3 mazes done, and can't get anywhere anymore.. I need to go up higher in the air seems like it..
Any clue what to do?

pka4916

Sorry, this topic has been locked.