3DS Forum

Topic: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Showing 441 to 460 of 868

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

441. Posted:

I'm not sure what Poleyn is but I like to stick a status effective weapon in the second hand because it does seem like the attack power is really weak.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

442. Posted:

Ha everyone!!! xD

Just wanted to chime in and say I've been playing EOIV since it launched here in NA a few weeks ago. Love the game!!! I'm Level 28 with my Guild; that's the best I can muster for the moment with what little time I have between my job and other social responsibilities.

I've been avoiding this thread mainly because of spoilers but just wanted to let everyone know THIS GAME RAWKS. I'm sure you all already know and agree. FYI - this is my first EO game and my first game played made by Atlus. :-P

Tomorrow I am picking up my copy of MH3U for 3DS. However, I'm not going stop continue exploring with my Bezerker Guild anytime soon.

Cheers, everyone~!!! :*

Edited on by bezerker99

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

443. Posted:

Welcome to our thread Berserker! Glad you're enjoying the game. There are a bunch of us here enjoying this game. I am in your boat...not enough time to devote to this amazing game!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

444. Posted:

MERG wrote:

Welcome to our thread Berserker! Glad you're enjoying the game. There are a bunch of us here enjoying this game. I am in your boat...not enough time to devote to this amazing game!

Gotta love a senior citizens welcome. Yeah you're right! You don't have much time left! :P

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

445. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Gotta love a senior citizens welcome. Yeah you're right! You don't have much time left! :P

You're not THAT far behind me in life's great race to the finish line!!

BTW, I just got to the frog marsh. Compared to the Moth's the frogs are cake!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ernest_The_Crab

446. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

I'm not sure what Poleyn is but I like to stick a status effective weapon in the second hand because it does seem like the attack power is really weak.

Poleyn is a pair of boots that seems to have resistances against all physical damage types (stab, slash, bash). It has 3 slots with a different physical resistance type in each slot.

Apparently, you cannot use the abilities of a weapon of it's equipped as a sub weapon (I don't mean the passive abilities, I mean the skills you would normally get for equipping it like Fire Link from a Flamberge).

Edited on by Ernest_The_Crab

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

447. Posted:

Ernest_The_Crab wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

I'm not sure what Poleyn is but I like to stick a status effective weapon in the second hand because it does seem like the attack power is really weak.

Poleyn is a pair of boots that seems to have resistances against all physical damage types (stab, slash, bash). It has 3 slots with a different physical resistance type in each slot.

Apparently, you cannot use the abilities of a weapon of it's equipped as a sub weapon (I don't mean the passive abilities, I mean the skills you would normally get for equipping it like Fire Link from a Flamberge).

Well if that's the case I say use it over boosted defense any day. How far are you in the game as I don't think I've heard of those boots yet?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ernest_The_Crab

448. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Ernest_The_Crab wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

I'm not sure what Poleyn is but I like to stick a status effective weapon in the second hand because it does seem like the attack power is really weak.

Poleyn is a pair of boots that seems to have resistances against all physical damage types (stab, slash, bash). It has 3 slots with a different physical resistance type in each slot.

Apparently, you cannot use the abilities of a weapon of it's equipped as a sub weapon (I don't mean the passive abilities, I mean the skills you would normally get for equipping it like Fire Link from a Flamberge).

Well if that's the case I say use it over boosted defense any day. How far are you in the game as I don't think I've heard of those boots yet?

I'm in Land 3 Sacred Mountains. The boots are made by using a Crusher's Hide (from a Tusked Crusher).

EDIT: Yeah...that should probably be Land not Sanctum

Edited on by Ernest_The_Crab

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

449. Posted:

FINALLY took down a couple Moths!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LittleKing

450. Posted:

Ernest_The_Crab wrote:

Anyone know if Poleyn is useful? I'm thinking of getting one for my Nightseeker since he's dual wielding, but I'm not sure if the damage reduction is actually worth it.

Poleyn offers a 10% damage reduction for all physical attacks. If your unit is squishy, Poleyn usually does more for it than a higher defense pair of boots. If I remember correctly, each point of defense on armor lowers damage by one third of a point of damage. So, let's say you take 40 damage from an attack. Poleyn would offer its normal reduction plus 10%, which is 4 points of damage. So, until you have boots where the defense difference is 12, Poleyn will be better. Something like that, anyways. If you want defense, Poleyn is the best choice until late game for Nightseeker. I'd prioritize boosting a Nightseeker's LUC, though.

LittleKing

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

451. Posted:

I was reviewing the Treasure book and saw that a couple entries had "get" next to them. Anyone know what this means?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Moorpheel

452. Posted:

That probably means you can try and find them now.

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

453. Posted:

Gotcha...so I equip my skyship and set sail?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LittleKing

454. Posted:

MERG wrote:

Gotcha...so I equip my skyship and set sail?

Yeah. Equip the Dowsing Rods and you'll be prompted to use them when you're over the spot with treasure, which is often denoted by a coordinate pair in the map description.

LittleKing

AuthorMessage
Avatar

oninowon

455. Posted:

I got the QR quest where you have to defeat the moths in B2 of Lushwood(?) for them to drop their rare talons. What is the way to gain that rare item?

oninowon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

456. Posted:

Finally finished the Scarlet Pillars...now off to the 3rd land.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

457. Posted:

MERG wrote:

Finally finished the Scarlet Pillars...now off to the 3rd land.

Have fun!! The third land is jacked up!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

458. Posted:

I think I'm gonna hang out in 2 and level up a bit and upgrade my weapons and armor.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

459. Posted:

MERG wrote:

I think I'm gonna hang out in 2 and level up a bit and upgrade my weapons and armor.

Eat right and turn those sheep golden and you will level up in no time. 50000 a pop if you use your burst for experience.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

460. Posted:

How do you "turn" them golden?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor