Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Posts 401 to 420 of 875

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

Bring some Mushrooms or Apricots and lure the nearby sheep to it. That's why they showed the Dinogator eating the sheep when you first got there.

You would think after all the 100+ rpgs I've played I would've figured that one out! Face palm!! O.o

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

CanisWolfred wrote:

Bring some Mushrooms or Apricots and lure the nearby sheep to it. That's why they showed the Dinogator eating the sheep when you first got there.

And yeah, I just got through the Frog Marsh. Pretty easy place actually. Went and killed all the frogs in one go.

Awesome...thanks Canis.

That worked perfectly...now to the Moth's Garden.

Edited on by MERG

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

MERG

Has anyone tried and completed the Scarlet Finest Plains quest? I'm wondering if you need to be able to fly up twice to complete this.

Ralizah

Wow, the Icy Pincer are vicious after you turn them shiny. :/

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MERG

Any tips for the Moths? They are kicking my @$$!

Spoony_Tech

Make sure first of all you are not using taunt as it might kill your fortress in one attack. Weakness is ice I believe so if you use your Runemaster and your burst ice coffin it should hit him hard. Put up your team defenses first and if you attack them from behind you get a free chance to set up. Spam your ice magic and if you have a nightseeker use their ice knife. Oh and they're weak to arrows as well.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

Tech...THANKS! I do not have a Runemaster but I do have ice attacks elsewhere. It's a pain though when you try to take one down and more come at you!

Spoony_Tech

Well the runemaster does a great deal more damage if you have one. If you use it with someone else it might not be as effective! Just a heads up!

MERG said:

MERG

I haven't messed around with my party at all...maybe I should try. But then I'll need to levels new characters up!

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

I haven't messed around with my party at all...maybe I should try. But then I'll need to levels new characters up!

Just take one new character out and have the best armor on them and have them defend in the back row. Do a few fights you know you can get some good quick experience and they should level up quite a bit in no time!

MERG said:

MERG

Thanks yet again Tech!

CanisWolfred

Just finished the second land. I'm tempted to put this game aside soon. I've gone way further than I ever have in any of the other Etrian Odyssey games.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

Just finished the second land. I'm tempted to put this game aside soon. I've gone way further than I ever have in any of the other Etrian Odyssey games.

Just curious as to why you would do that and not try to finish it?! That's a problem for me but I never purposely do that.

MERG said:

Ralizah

Tech101 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Just curious as to why you would do that and not try to finish it?! That's a problem for me but I never purposely do that.

I get too many games going at once sometimes and eventually stay away from them for too long, but yes, I never intentionally quit games I'm enjoying. I plan to play this until the end, although I have a big enough backlog that I might not do much of the post-game stuff.

CanisWolfred

Tech101 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Because I've been playing Etrian Odyssey games for over 3 weeks now. They're not that different from eachother, so I''m really getting tired of them. I've actually been forcing myself to play it recently, which is not a good thing. I think it's about time to move on.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

slidecage

CanisWolfred wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Because I've been playing Etrian Odyssey games for over 3 weeks now. They're not that different from eachother, so I''m really getting tired of them. I've actually been forcing myself to play it recently, which is not a good thing. I think it's about time to move on.

take a week or so off and come back to it.. that is what i did and now i cant stop playing it again .....

slidecage

Ralizah

slidecage wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

take a week or so off and come back to it.. that is what i did and now i cant stop playing it again .....

+1

Sometimes you just need to take a break from a game for awhile before you come back to it. I did this for 8 months or so with Skyrim: play obsessively every day for a few weeks, then take a week or two off, then go back and play obsessively for a few weeks, then take a week or two off, etc. etc.

I actually took a minor break of a few days from EO4, and it has definitely reinvigorated me. I imagine when I finally get back to Devil Survivor Overclocked the same thing will be true for that as well.

Spoony_Tech

Wow that quote is getting long lol. I'm not really tired of it yet but I plan on getting Monster Hunter next week along with Luigi's Mansion and it could definitely cut into my game time here. Although honestly I've been playing three games fairly consistently over the last week or so. Castlevaina and Nano Assault EX so that's what been slowing my progress down on this game here! Soon ill be playing 5 games lol and that's not even counting Fire Emblem which I've barely even played.

MERG said:

CanisWolfred

Honestly, I can't play a game for more than 40 hours without getting deathly sick of it. I've put about 50 hours into EO4, plus about 20 hours in EO1 and 3. I'll be lucky if I come back to it this decade, let alone next week. I can't just take breaks from games - once my interest has shifted, it's permanent until I find something new to focus on, for at least a year. That's why I never finish anything.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Sorry, this topic has been locked.