Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Posts 121 to 140 of 875

Spoony_Tech

After playing EO3 some more your side line players do get some experience. If I recall correctly you had to unlock it as a skill trait. This really is fun again. I do like the fact that the new game doesn't have you drop a lot of skill points into you mining and gathering. Also its nice to see the foes and not a big ball of fire plus the draw distance is much further. EO3 was three squares before you could see what was coming! Big improvements with the upgrade in hardware.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

The demo was amazing. Can't wait for my preorder to come in.

Navigating an overworld was... different, though. I had never played the third Etrian Odyssey for some reason, so visiting multiple dungeons rather than just plumbing the depths of one huge superdungeon was a bit strange to me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MERG

I totally agree Tech.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

MERG

Most of my party is at level 10. And now I am taking down Cutters fairly easily. But those dangs rabbits!!

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

Most of my party is at level 10. And now I am taking down Cutters fairly easily. But those dangs rabbits!!

Well it was said a above of how to beat them. I just haven't tried it yet. Poison them first then sneak up from behind and get preemptive attack so you can set up your defenses.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

Oh! I poisoned one but took it head on...which didn't go very well at all!

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

Oh! I poisoned one but took it head on...which didn't go very well at all!

Lol. Sounds like what I did to my wife last week!

MERG said:

MERG

aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha!!!! Good one!

shingi_70

Question been playing the demo ands enjoying it. Will my save progress transfer to the retail game or only the digital game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

Sony_70 wrote:

Question been playing the demo ands enjoying it. Will my save progress transfer to the retail game or only the digital game.

It'll transfer to either. It saves it as extra data, IIRC.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

It'll transfer to either. It saves it as extra data, IIRC.

Yes. You are absolutely right!

MERG said:

shingi_70

Cool. Was going to pick up unchained bales but this had a demo and is made by a a atlus so yeah.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

CanisWolfred

Finally broke down and pre-ordered this. Albeit from Target, so no bonus. Just a chance to make use of my gift card. I'll play the demo in the meantime.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

Finally broke down and pre-ordered this. Albeit from Target, so no bonus. Just a chance to make use of my gift card. I'll play the demo in the meantime.

I still think you get the bonus. I believe its packed in with all of the first wave launch games.

MERG said:

shingi_70

So beat I completed all of the quests from the city and have gotten my main team to level 10. Now I'm grinding out for cash and trying to get my fortress to level 10. Just beat a rare cutter which would have did the trick but due ring the final turns he killed my fortress and my dancer being the only member left killed him and jumped up five levels. Thinking I might pay the Two level price to retain all of my skills.

Going to sit till April or May to get this because this is pretty meaty and not sure I want to playing this and fire emblem at the same time. Think this will go well while as a hardcore summer title while I play animal crossing.

WAT!

Spoony_Tech

Sony_70 wrote:

So beat I completed all of the quests from the city and have gotten my main team to level 10. Now I'm grinding out for cash and trying to get my fortress to level 10. Just beat a rare cutter which would have did the trick but due ring the final turns he killed my fortress and my dancer being the only member left killed him and jumped up five levels. Thinking I might pay the Two level price to retain all of my skills.

Going to sit till April or May to get this because this is pretty meaty and not sure I want to playing this and fire emblem at the same time. Think this will go well while as a hardcore summer title while I play animal crossing.

Just a heads up. If you plan on going retail in the summer then it might be a hard find. Atlus ds games were limited first runs.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

CanisWolfred

Most stores I go to are sold out of most Atlus games within, like, 2 months. One of the reasons I ended up pre-ordering.

Tech101 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I still think you get the bonus. I believe its packed in with all of the first wave launch games.

I hope you're right...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

I plan to pick up the game digitally so I'm not worried about Atlus's usual limited run.

WAT!

Arianabtd

I seriously had never heard of this game series before, but it looked interesting so I got the demo. It's really fun! I entered the twitter contest and I'm gonna continue playing the demo :3

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Ok after viewing that last email from Atlus I can say my body is sooooo ready!!

MERG said:

Sorry, this topic has been locked.