Forums

Topic: eShop prepaid cards?

Posts 21 to 40 of 56

Kifa

The reason that there are still no prepaid cards in Europe might be the fact that many countries here use different monetary systems (and printing different cards for different countries costs more), and some even have law that makes distribution of any prepaid cards very difficult for any company. So it might not be just NOE fault - Europe is just a more complicated market that US is, keep that in mind.

As for a Virtual Credit Card - I'm using one for almost two years now, it's really hassle-free, not all that expensive (less than 5 pounds a year when I convert it from my local currency) and very secure (aside from the usual authorization codes it is not directly tied to my bank account and has to be manually "charged" before every transaction) The only other card I have is a simple debit card, issued automatically and free of charge to anyone who opens a bank account, so it's really strange what you say, Mario_Party_Fan_999 - there were really no special requirements to obtain a card from my bank when I did it.

Metroid lover, skreeeeeee!

Nintendo Network ID: Everkeeper

cnm_nintendo

Mario_Party_Fan_999 wrote:

Virtual Creditcards, guys. I purchased a Virtual Creditcard and I was surprised how easy it worked. You receive everything in your mailbox within minutes. The only downside is that they charge you a few extra euros depending on how many you buy. (1 euro for 20, 2.5 euros for 50 etc.)

Just Google Virtual Creditcard and you'll be playing games within 10 minutes.

What's this virtual credit card? o-o Anyway Australia doesn't have any eShop cards available either. It's a real pain in the neck but at least I've found an alternative... I'm using those pre-paid CREDIT CARDS (Mastercard) that you can buy at various supermarkets here in Australia (I buy mine from Woolworths). They cost about $3AUD And after that you can load the amount of money you want on the card. I normally go for $20. They work well in the eShop but really Nintendo needs to get their act together and bring the eShop Cards already. _

Edited on by cnm_nintendo

Yasume

Mario_Party_Fan_999 wrote:

Yasume wrote:

Virtual Creditcards, guys. I purchased a Virtual Creditcard and I was surprised how easy it worked. You receive everything in your mailbox within minutes. The only downside is that they charge you a few extra euros depending on how many you buy. (1 euro for 20, 2.5 euros for 50 etc.)

Just Google Virtual Creditcard and you'll be playing games within 10 minutes.

I googled it and got some varied results. I found that I needed a credit card to even purchase a virtual credit card which defeats the purpose because if I already had a credit card, why would I need a virtual credit card?

That's weird. Well, to be honest I got it from a Dutch site, but why would it be different for other Europeans? I payed with Ideal (a Dutch paying method) and received the Creditcard number and safety number a few moments later in my mailbox.

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

Sneaker13

For the Dutch gamers, www.3vcash.nl. I love it and wished I discovered it sooner.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

http://www.backloggery.com/sneaker

GreatManaTree

Sneaker13 wrote:

For the Dutch gamers, www.3vcash.nl. I love it and wished I discovered it sooner.

Ga ik gelijk checken! Bedankt gozer!

GreatManaTree

Terave

Thanks Sneaker! En waarom praat jij ook gelijk weer NL, GMT?

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Olaf-symbiote

I hope NOE isn't deliberately holding back on the cards because of the current Eurozone crisis...
Like, that they're afraid that the Eurozone will split or something and they don't want to release the euro prepaid cards because they're afraid they'd have to make new ones if some countries decide to give on the euros...

Your parlor tricks don't amuse me, boy!
My 3DS FC: 2707-1588-9486
My sister's 3DS FC: 2191-7843-7694

Terave

If no cards come -> Nobody's happy.
If some countries decide to give on the euros but give the cards -> Some people are happy.

What's better?

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Fuzzy

I've been waiting for the eShop cards to come out in UK so I can order one online. Then, I can get Shantae.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

GreatManaTree

JDT wrote:

Thanks Sneaker! En waarom praat jij ook gelijk weer NL, GMT?

..I write this comment on my 3ds!...who says the 3ds browser is crap?...yeah, i wrote in dutch, because i we always talk in english, so why don't people learn durch a lil? it is just a coincedent...of all americans spoke dutch....

Edited on by GreatManaTree

GreatManaTree

offensive-nl

Wat doen al die Hollanders hier toch!!!

i bought a prepaid visa card and it works fine!!! I downloaded Zenonia and Airport Mania from the Eshop they are both real fun.

offensive-nl

RoyalBlur

We're on a business trip here in Washington DC and I can't find any eShop prepaid cards here. I've only seen Nintendo Points cards. T_T

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Mendoza

SO we're a few days later on, anybody found a solution yet?

Mendoza

ToadFan

MM There out in NoA, at least. I found them at my Nintendo World Store and Gamestop..

ToadFan

Sneaker13

Have you read this thread Mendoza? Pre-paid credit cards are the only solution until the cards are released.

BTW for the Dutch people on here. 3VCash also works on the 3DS itself in the internet browser. Very helpful for me last week when I was in Paris for a week but still wanted the G&W game. No laptop or computer at hand, only my 3DS and WiFi in the hotel.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

http://www.backloggery.com/sneaker

Mendoza

I have read it.
But I dont know, I just dont trust these prepaid visas....

Mendoza

Kholdstare

Still nothing in my area

☆FRIEND CODES☆

PSN ID: Kholdstare77

3DS
1289 8322 9889

Lohengriehn

@mendoza: Was with the same opinion on prepaid creditcards like you, but it seems its very secure to use those cards. For the time prepaid cards are not available its nice to be able to use the eshop instead of just looking at it.
Ontopic: Gamestop (Germany) still told me, cards are listed at them for middle of August...2011

Edited on by Lohengriehn

Grammar errors? We could use the german language instead of the english one of course - do you dare? ;)

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic