3DS Forum

Topic: Early Reviews of some 3DS games

Showing 1 to 20 of 47

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LEGEND_MARIOID

1. Posted:

N-GAMER

Pilotwings 75% (must buy, but a bit low on content)
SSFIV 87% (85%+ is gold standard quality)
Nintendog and Cats 80% (must buy)

ONM

Super Street Fighter IV 91% (Gold Award)
Ridge Racer 3DS 87% (Fantastic 3D racing, but no on-line)
Asphalt 3D 70% (Surprisingly good, but only worth in at around £20)
Super Monkey Ball 3D 70% (Same as above. Low on content, but good)
Piltowings Resort 81% (Very good, but low on content)
PES 2011 3D 78% (Compulsive, but no-online and no evolution from old games)
Nintendogs + Cats 84% (Engaging pet sim)
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (Inspired by Advance Wars)

Preview of Splinter Cell 3D make it sound close second to Chaos Theory

Edited on by LEGEND_MARIOID

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xkhaoz

2. Posted:

Meh, I don't really care about content in Pilotwings. I'll play it for hours upon hours, like I did in WSR in Island Flyover.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

andyutd97

3. Posted:

You got a link ??

andyutd97

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LEGEND_MARIOID

4. Posted:

Yeah, I'm getting Pilotwings Resort anyway because the revw content made it sound really, really good. I reckon they knocked off over 10% for the content being low, but I don't care. N-Gamer can be a bit funny that way.

I subscribe to N-Gamer, its in the latest mag, not on their website.

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

andyutd97

5. Posted:

LEGEND MARIOID wrote:

I subscribe to N-Gamer, its in the latest mag, not on their website.

Oh right. Did they do a review for ridge racer ???

andyutd97

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dicesukeinuzuka

6. Posted:

I played the the flying game on resort fo ages
I think ill get pilotwings when i get a 3ds
also hello everbody i haven't been here in a while :P

call me Dicesuke Inuzuka, Daisuke, Dice, or Dai.
deviant art page:
http://dicesukeinuzuka.deviantart.com/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Punny

7. Posted:

This is certainly promising! I was thinking about getting Super Street Fighter IV and Pilotwings Resort when I get my 3DS. The (so far) positive reviews are making me satisfied with my decisions. :)

I'm back (for the moment)!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wesker

8. Posted:

eurogamer.net reviewed Street Fighter, Ridge Racer and Pilotwings. They all got 8/10.

I want a 3DS, but have no idea what to get with it. Nothing seems truly epic.

Wesker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Punny

9. Posted:

billy-beauts wrote:

I want a 3DS, but have no idea what to get with it. Nothing seems truly epic.

That's understandable. If you want one at launch, I would choose Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition. If you can wait (and congrats to you if you can), wait until a game you consider "epic" launches (say around June when Ocarina of Time 3D comes out). :)

I'm back (for the moment)!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xkhaoz

10. Posted:

PunnyGuy wrote:

billy-beauts wrote:

I want a 3DS, but have no idea what to get with it. Nothing seems truly epic.

That's understandable. If you want one at launch, I would choose Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition. If you can wait (and congrats to you if you can), wait until a game you consider "epic" launches (say around June when Ocarina of Time 3D comes out). :)

Yeah, OOt3D looks awesome. BTW Punny, come to chat

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

11. Posted:

You know when I said 3DS would have the best launch games since GCN it was to make fun of how terrible launch games have been after that but I'm glad the 3DS launch games are actually good.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

armoredghor

12. Posted:

Xkhaoz 3D wrote:

PunnyGuy wrote:

billy-beauts wrote:

I want a 3DS, but have no idea what to get with it. Nothing seems truly epic.

That's understandable. If you want one at launch, I would choose Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition. If you can wait (and congrats to you if you can), wait until a game you consider "epic" launches (say around June when Ocarina of Time 3D comes out). :)

Yeah, OOt3D looks awesome. BTW Punny, come to chat

Wow. That game does have great graphics with the 3D update. Textures and objects look so much more realistic. I'm eating my old words about the difference after actually exploring the deku tree again.

armoredghor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LEGEND_MARIOID

13. Posted:

andyutd97 wrote:

LEGEND+MARIOID wrote:

I subscribe to N-Gamer, its in the latest mag, not on their website.

Oh right. Did they do a review for ridge racer ???

They didn't review score ridge racer as they hadn't finished their play and writing of the revw process it would seem. However, they wrote a little article about it saying it was a "must buy". Sounds like it'll be 80% plus, possibly 85% plus - gold standard category for N-Gamer

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

14. Posted:

I'm "looking forward" to the inevitable 40% review of Samurai Warriors, that misses the point of that series entirely and treats it like a mere beat-em-up :P

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

Corbs

15. Posted:

I'm writing up the Super Street Fighter IV 3D review right now. Should be up tomorrow. :)

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Squiggle55

16. Posted:

Corbs wrote:

I'm writing up the Super Street Fighter IV 3D review right now. Should be up tomorrow. :)

hooray!

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xkhaoz

17. Posted:

@WaltzElf You're very passionate about Samurai Warriors, aren't you?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

18. Posted:

I guess Sims 3 is too puny of a third party game to be bothered with, huh? :(

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LEGEND_MARIOID

19. Posted:

They said Asphalt and The Sims 3 MAYBE should be ones you should avoid. But they never have liked the Asphalt series for some reason. They said Samurai Warriors was pretty decent actually.

I still may get Asphalt when very cheap, I don't know

Edited on by LEGEND_MARIOID

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

20. Posted:

LEGEND MARIOID wrote:

They said Asphalt and The Sims 3 MAYBE should be ones you should avoid. But they never have liked the Asphalt series for some reason. They said Samurai Warriors was pretty decent actually.

I still may get Asphalt when very cheap, I don't know

Just curious...why is there a possibility that I should avoid Sims 3? What's bad about it?

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92