3DS Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Showing 261 to 280 of 299

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

261. Posted:

Midway through World 5. My obsession with puzzle and KONG pieces has insured I progress slowly through the game. Not terribly hard so far, aside from some of the Cave and special levels.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

262. Posted:

I dunno if I should get this...

What kind of platformer is this? What can I expect from this game?

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

263. Posted:

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

Imo its the best 2d platformer out there. The only other one that comparable is Rayman origins and that was excellent as well. Its different then mario though and much harder but rewarding. Finding all the hidden stuff is a lot of the fun but the level desigh is top notch!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Peachy

264. Posted:

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

It's a side-scrolling platformer. I don't know if you've played NSMB2, but this one is more challenging and is of better quality in terms of levels IMO. I think it partly has to do with DKCR first appearing on the Wii (console releases often seem get more love than handheld releases). Also, there are two modes to choose from: Original Mode (same difficulty as the Wii version) and New Mode (softens the difficulty a bit with more items in Cranky's shop to help you, lower prices for items, and you have more life when you are going through the levels).

I really hope Nintendo considers a sequel to this. There are many more Animal Buddies that could make a reappearance, and it'd be interesting to see if they integrated the 3D more.

I haven't been having too much of a hard time so far with this game (doing Original Mode). Some levels I've lost plenty of lives in (the special stages particularly) but the abundance of bananas means that my number of lives are often maxed out at 99. I've also been maxing out my banana coins, which I've been spending in Cranky's shop to see if I can max out my inventory.

Edited on by Peachy

Never thought I'd love the pink/white 3DS XL ♥
Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
3DS Friend Code: I'll post it eventually xD

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

265. Posted:

Just beat the new World 9 levels; even found all of its Puzzle Pieces (barring two) by myself. I had fun with this port but I don't think I'll be doing the mirror mode anytime soon as I already did that on the Wii version. The new levels were nice but not spectacular.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Romeo

266. Posted:

i just finished Luigi's Mansion 2 and now i want to play this game next
im currently debating which mode i should choose, the New Mode sounds like "easy" which i would never pick, but i've read on many sites that this game is actually pretty hard in the original mode and that the new mode is more like "normal" instead of easy

also: there are supposedly new items available via New Mode

i really don't know what to do, many people have described the original mode to be quite frustrating at times, simply because it's such a hard game
any advice? : )

Romeo

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

267. Posted:

@Romeo If you are impatient like I tend to be at platformers and tend to want to run a lot you will die a ton of times. Some of the later levels are trial and error and quite a few levels are very long. 2-3 times longer then most mario levels. I'm playing it on the original mode and I can see a 8 year old kid give up on this game easiely. Still its great fun and challenges never scare me away.

As for where I'm at now I just got to the factory stage last night and I'm now well into the game and parts I've never seen before. I have this on the wii and never finished it. Loving the factory so far and this game just keeps getting harder and more fun at the same time. I died quite a few times on the last set of stages before the factory due to impatients. A lot of those levels demand precise timing and well I suck at waiting for timed jumps lol.

On this run through I'm just going to beat the game and not worry to much about collecting every puzzle piece. I have got most of the Kong letters though but I just want to beat the game and have something left to do after I beat it other then mirror mode!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

dumedum

268. Posted:

While I didn't finish the original yet, I went almost to the end, and it wasn't that hard. Certainly not as hard or impossible like purple coins or something like that. Probably also less harder than the Original DKC.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

269. Posted:

I'm just playing this game for fun now. I'm not exactly sure if I'll try to complete the game 100% again considering I've already done that on the Wii version and already know all the unlockables.

This game has the best use of 3D I've seen since Super Mario 3D Land.

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

270. Posted:

Downloaded this as my free game.and strangely I'm really enjoying this far more than the Wii version.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

AuthorMessage

DRL

271. Posted:

Anyone completed Mirror Mode yet? I'm probably around 180% completion overall at this point - have a couple more temples, boss fights, and most of World 9 to finish. Saving those pesky Time Trials for last.

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

272. Posted:

I'm at the Volcano now. The Factory world boss was surprisingly easy, compared to the boss from the world before that.

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

273. Posted:

So I'm sure this has been asked many times before but...

I played the Wii version and loved it. It did get very difficult at times, but I believe I'm completed it fully a while back (including mirror mode and the like).

...should I spend another 35 dollars for this version? I want it, but I just don't know if it's worth the cash. There are a handful of games coming out in the coming months, but I guess I'm getting impatient. Thining about Animal Crossing too, as I've enjoyed the past games, but I don't know anyone who is getting that game...not sure what to do.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

274. Posted:

@Ralizah I actually had an easier time with the last boss then the factory one. I've failed him about 5-10 times now and I'm almost where you're at! Awesome game!!

@Joshers744 Save your money for the other games and wait for this to come down in price. I'm also getting AC:NL and so is Brendon so no worries there. As for this game its great to have on the go and looks excellent in 3d. I'm almost to those bonus stages and this is further then I got on the Wii version. I just don't have time for console games much anymore and never took the time to beat it.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

275. Posted:

So, I beat the game! I still have to complete some of the Orb Temple levels to unlock the Extra world, though. Last boss isn't too bad once you really get his pattern down. The Forest Orb Temple is a complete nightmare, though, I have to say. I spent an hour and a half and lost fifty lives, but I finally beat the darned thing! Most of my body except for a few fingers on either hand are completely numb now. I just hope the last few Orb Temples aren't half this brutal.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

276. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

So, I beat the game! I still have to complete some of the Orb Temple levels to unlock the Extra world, though. Last boss isn't too bad once you really get his pattern down. The Forest Orb Temple is a complete nightmare, though, I have to say. I spent an hour and a half and lost fifty lives, but I finally beat the darned thing! Most of my body except for a few fingers on either hand are completely numb now. I just hope the last few Orb Temples aren't half this brutal.

I remember really struggling with Blast & Bounce too when I first played it on the Wii. The next one in the Cliff, Perilous Passage, is also a big challenge, especially if you don't have Diddy Kong. The last two after that aren't bad, though.

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

277. Posted:

The thing that really sets this game apart from other platformers for me is the outstanding level design. Every level is very unique and memorable, especially compared to a game like New Super Mario Bros.Wii where it just feels like tile sets thrown together. It just amazes me how each level can have it's own personality and really stand out from all the others.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

278. Posted:

Dev wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I remember really struggling with Blast & Bounce too when I first played it on the Wii. The next one in the Cliff, Perilous Passage, is also a big challenge, especially if you don't have Diddy Kong. The last two after that aren't bad, though.

As you said, the last two are easy, and I cleared them without much difficulty. Perilous Passage is pretty brutal, but it is all that stands between me and the extra levels now.

EDIT: Finally cleared Perilous Passage. Tomorrow I shall begin to explore the bonus world levels.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

279. Posted:

Currently on world 5,new mode certainly makes the much more easier,and no more waggling is a god sent.

3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

280. Posted:

So I finally beat this game last night and I owned the Wii version. Still have a long ways to go though as I've only done the first two temples and haven't unlock any of the rest as of yet. I shouldn't have too many Knog letter to fimd though as I did get most of them. Tring to beat this before Animal Crossing comes out!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech