3DS Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Showing 241 to 260 of 299

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

241. Posted:

KodyWB-98 wrote:

If anybody has brought the physical copy of the game, you have probably seen this insert within the case.
Untitled
If you didn't already know this, DKCR3D was the first game to be shipped without a paper manual or quick guide at all. Also, from now on, there will not be anymore instruction manuals within a case. Instead, you'll just have to read the digital manual off the home menu.

Source

I noticed that with lego city for the 3ds, I guess it's a good idea, saves paper.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Peachy

242. Posted:

Time Attack is insane. I have no idea how to get under 57 seconds for the gold DK medal on level 1-1, I don't want to know how I'd fare in later levels.

I've instead been focusing on getting all the puzzle pieces and KONG letters before moving on to the next level. Some of the locations of the puzzle pieces are devious.

Never thought I'd love the pink/white 3DS XL ♥
Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
3DS Friend Code: I'll post it eventually xD

AuthorMessage

willobee

243. Posted:

Oh man I'm so glad I could just purchase the orbs from Cranky after beating the final boss. I did not have it in me to go and collect all the KONG letters I missed, but wanted to play the new levels.

I secretly love how Nintendo games have a sort of 'easy' option, like super guide, or buying the orbs with coins.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

244. Posted:

I figure I'll go through the game at least three times. Once with an emphasis on collecting KONG letters and unlocking all the levels. Second with an emphasis on collecting puzzle pieces. And third with an emphasis on time trials.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552

AuthorMessage

Chaoslink1

245. Posted:

I only chose the new mode so i can beat all the temple stages in every world. I beat 6 of 'em with only the help of having 3 to 6 hearts and the world 5 and 6 ones I really needed some DK barrels, and that's all. I have also played the Wii version and I was able to beat pretty much all the main stages with the 2 to 4 hearts but i never had the patience to go back and 100% them all... dont know why :P
I also beat the final boss with just 3 hearts!! I never thought i could do that :D

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Twitter: Chaoslink1

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

246. Posted:

As an owner of the original, I wanted to take the traditional, hard way and chose original mode. I've fared well, but there were a couple of moments in the later levels when I really struggled, but that was mainly because of the different controls. Levels I would normally swing through with the Wii remote and nunchunk had to be adjusted to with button controls. However, I beat Tiki Tong on my first try!

@willobee: You can buy orbs at Cranky's shop?! They really went out of their way to make this game accessible to everyone. With the Super Guide, banana juice, green balloons, portable DK barrels, and blue juice, only the most impatient and overly frustrated person wouldn't beat this game.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

247. Posted:

@Dev - Not to mention, all those 1-up balloons.
Game Over? What's that?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Edlicious

248. Posted:

Just to heads up to anybody, playing local co-op is awesome but sometimes the game will slow down very badly, to the point where it looks like the connection is dropping all togather, sometimes the game even down right freezes for a second or two.

3DS FC; 2191 7816 0194

MK7, RE:R, KIU, lets play?

http://www.facebook.com/Throwinguprainbows

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

249. Posted:

Just got this. I'd never played the Wii version, so this was a must-have for me.

So far, so good. It looks great and the levels so far have been fun to search around. I'm playing it on the Original Mode because I prefer more of a challenge.

One thing I would say is I agree with some of the other people who said it's a bit difficult to see on the regular 3DS screen. I've only played it for one session, but my eyes were strained by the end of it. I've never had eye-strain when playing the 3DS, even with 3D on the highest level. I think it's because there are so many details (and I'm constantly panning the screen for possible hiding spots for puzzle pieces), where my eyes just needed a rest.

This might be the game that gets me to finally upgrade to an XL. I've been holding out in hopes of seeing a black one released in the States, but I may have to suck it up and get a red one. The bigger screen would probably help with the eyestrain.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

www.Retrodrome.net
Top 64 Nintendo 64 games of all time

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

250. Posted:

@MetallicDonkey Yeah I was one of them that said I could see this being hard to see on the original 3ds. The bigger screen sure does all games justice. You will want to replay all your games again just to see what you missed!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

251. Posted:

I love this game. Mainly because it's the only 3DS game that doesn't strain my eyes.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

SBOY

252. Posted:

+1

OldMan-Tech wrote:

@MetallicDonkey Yeah I was one of them that said I could see this being hard to see on the original 3ds. The bigger screen sure does all games justice. You will want to replay all your games again just to see what you missed!

I move from 3DS to 3DS XL today and it was a great move... I don't even understand how I was able to play most of my game on the old one...

Sorry if my english isn't good... At least I try :-)
Si vous êtes du Québec j'aimerais vous ajoutez dans mes "ami-e-s" WII U/3DS ! Alors n'hésitez pas pour en faire la demande...

3DS Friend Code: 3110-4663-5063 | Nintendo Network ID: sboy82 | Twitter: sboy1982

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

253. Posted:

SBOY wrote:

I move from 3DS to 3DS XL today and it was a great move... I don't even understand how I was able to play most of my game on the old one...

Me either. I will never understand how I played on that cramped little screen for so long.

Star Fox 64 3D looks amazing on the XL, and I replayed the whole thing after I got it last year.

On topic, I can't imagine how much eye strain is involved in playing this on the original 3DS. When you're jumping around in the background, your character model is tiny even on the XL.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552

AuthorMessage

lukenova

254. Posted:

I picked up this game on launch day but I haven't had a chance to play it near enough yet. I don't have a Wii. Haven't owned a console or handheld in a few years. I just got the 3DS XL at the beginning of May. I'm looking forward to a lot of the new titles that are coming out this summer and also picking up some that I miss previously.

3DS Friend Code: 3668 - 8080 - 9097

Twitter: lukenova

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

255. Posted:

I play this on an original 3DS and have no problem whatsoever with my eyes. I must have good eyes.

At any rate, I now believe this is the best version of the game. It looks better, plays better, and has more content too! Plus, the pick-up-and-play feel I got from the original increased two-fold with this portable version.

Edited on by DestinyMan

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

256. Posted:

Just made it to third world. This my first time playing through it as I never got it on the Wii and I can safely say this is right up there next Super Mario World as one of all time favorite platformers ever. I decided to play on original mode...starting to regret it now...

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

257. Posted:

Neo-GeoFan wrote:

Just made it to third world. This my first time playing through it as I never got it on the Wii and I can safely say this is right up there next Super Mario World as one of all time favorite platformers ever. I decided to play on original mode...starting to regret it now...

Just wait till you get to the 4th world. I lost my most lives there and it was quite a bit of lives at that. I'm on world five and this game is wonderful. World five is where I got to in the wii version so everything after this is new to me.

@Dev I disagree with it looking better on the 3ds. In almost every way it always looked better on my hd tv even though it only ran at 480p still looks great on there. The 3d however adds a lot to the looks of the game!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

258. Posted:

The original still looks good, don't get me wrong, but the backgrounds seem more detailed in areas, especially the Factory world. The Factory's background was pretty dark in the original, but I can clearly see the details in the 3D version. The original is still better as far as the smoothness of frame rate.

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

259. Posted:

willobee wrote:

Oh man I'm so glad I could just purchase the orbs from Cranky after beating the final boss. I did not have it in me to go and collect all the KONG letters I missed, but wanted to play the new levels.

I secretly love how Nintendo games have a sort of 'easy' option, like super guide, or buying the orbs with coins.

You can buy the Orbs? Wow, that's new to me. I've got them all already but out of interest, how much do they cost? 30, 50, 100 coins?

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

260. Posted:

I can imagine Cranky making some really snide remarks after selling you an orb.
"Me selling you game secrets? And I thought games were already too easy!"
"Back in my day, you actually had to play tough levels to unlock game secrets!"
"I had to play that level myself to get that just so you could take the easy way out. I hope you're happy!"
"Sure, take the easy way out. At least I make money off it!"

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse