3DS Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Showing 221 to 240 of 299

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

221. Posted:

The frame-rate is somewhat noticeable, but it doesn't bother me at all, as the game still runs very smoothly. The 3D is mind-blowing at times and brings the game world to life. It is hard to believe this was originally a Wii title, as it almost seems like it was designed with stereoscopic 3D in mind. The controls are very responsive, and on original mode the challenge is refreshing. I'm not sure yet, but this has the potential to be one of the best platformers on the system.

@OldMan-Tech Thanks for recommending this, dude. And I can definitely see the resemblance to Rayman Origins.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

222. Posted:

@Ralizah You are quite welcome but don't go and beat it before your trip now! There is a good deal of content on offer though.

Ps: That still doesn't let you off the hook from picking up Luigi's Mansion: DM though ;-)

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

223. Posted:

I beat the game and now I'm on the fourth new level, and goodness gracious, they are hard! However, I enjoy a good challenge! That's why I stuck with the original mode.

I'm impressed with how the cutscenes were converted into 3D. It's pretty eye-popping! I also noticed that once you collect all the puzzle pieces in a World 9 level, you unlock a movie, although I didn't see what I unlocked.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

224. Posted:

Yai wrote:

This game is surprisingly difficult. I'm not playing on New Mode because wanted a challenge.. and well. xD To ace the first world one level in particular ate 30 lives!!

I love it though, it is nice to have a difficult platformer for a change. Some of the recent Mario games have been insanely easy. Mario 3D Land, I'm looking at you.

Sure is. I wished they'd do away with the lives in this as a game over just resets the checkpoint. It seems redundant.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

225. Posted:

So would you guys recommend this game for someone who never played the Wii or SNES games?? I could use a nice platformer to play and this title looks awesome. Although I might still have to wait a bit as Animal Crossing is almost here at long last...

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

226. Posted:

@Neo-GeoFan Yes I highly recommend it. This if you ask me is the new direction in 2d platforms. Mario needs to go away or really change up its formula because they have become boring imo!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

227. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

@Ralizah You are quite welcome but don't go and beat it before your trip now! There is a good deal of content on offer though.

Ps: That still doesn't let you off the hook from picking up Luigi's Mansion: DM though ;-)

Yeah, I've already gone and beaten the first two worlds (all levels, including the secret ones, completed)! The main game won't last me too long. Good thing there are a lot of collectables.

I need to pick that one up once there's a lull in the release schedule for the 3DS. Although, that might not come until next year! The big releases have been pretty constant this year, and it'll probably only increase as Christmas nears.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552

AuthorMessage

The3DSisMINE

228. Posted:

This game is actually really good. I'm very impressed!!!

PS Vita/Ps3/Ps4/PSN: NeoForceExtreme
3DS FC: 3523-3327-7598
Xbox 360: Neoforcedude
PC/Steam: VitaSmart

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

229. Posted:

Neo-GeoFan wrote:

So would you guys recommend this game for someone who never played the Wii or SNES games??

No, only people who have previously played this on the Wii should get this.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

www.Retrodrome.net
Top 64 Nintendo 64 games of all time

AuthorMessage

CM30

230. Posted:

Neo-GeoFan wrote:

So would you guys recommend this game for someone who never played the Wii or SNES games?? I could use a nice platformer to play and this title looks awesome. Although I might still have to wait a bit as Animal Crossing is almost here at long last...

I'd definitely recommend it. The Wii version was a fantastic 2D platformer, and this is pretty much the exact same game as that (with only a few additions). If you like 2D platformers in general, you'll love Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Chaoslink1

231. Posted:

Wasn't there a ''surprise'' in this game as Nintendo said? There's a new mode with new items and 8 new stages but there was also a ''surprise''
Does someone know what the surprise IS??

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Twitter: Chaoslink1

AuthorMessage

CaveDweller

232. Posted:

Chaoslink1 wrote:

Wasn't there a ''surprise'' in this game as Nintendo said? There's a new mode with new items and 8 new stages but there was also a ''surprise''
Does someone know what the surprise IS??

This is coming from the company that labelled the golden Mario statue in NSMB2 as a "surprise." I wouldn't get my hopes up.

CaveDweller

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8504-5986 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben-CD

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

233. Posted:

The Factory, my favorite world from the original, looks even better in this 3D version! The background is much brighter and more detailed.

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

234. Posted:

I'm gonna try to get this today.
Edit: GOT IT! :D

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

May_Nyan

235. Posted:

I've played the game some more now and I'm not having the problems I had yesterday so much... it may just have been that I had a headache anyway and focusing on small, fast moving things on the screen made it worse.
I still think the game is probably better on 3DS XL but I'm having fun with it now anyway.

May_Nyan

AuthorMessage

willobee

236. Posted:

Just beat the main portion of the game on my XL, and I am confident this games was always just meant for the 3DS. It works perfectly.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

KodyWB-98

237. Posted:

If anybody has brought the physical copy of the game, you have probably seen this insert within the case.
Untitled
If you didn't already know this, DKCR3D was the first game to be shipped without a paper manual or quick guide at all. Also, from now on, there will not be anymore instruction manuals within a case. Instead, you'll just have to read the digital manual off the home menu.

Source

Edited on by KodyWB-98

Join the Nintendo Force!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: Kody_W_B

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

238. Posted:

I'd love to get this now, but I've spent too much $ already this month. Looking to pick it up June/July.

But I wanna play now!

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

239. Posted:

I just got this game! I haven't started it yet, but soon I will. Oh and I also got the promotional stand-up ad from Gamestop too...

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

240. Posted:

KodyWB-98 wrote:

If anybody has brought the physical copy of the game, you have probably seen this insert within the case.
Untitled
If you didn't already know this, DKCR3D was the first game to be shipped without a paper manual or quick guide at all. Also, from now on, there will not be anymore instruction manuals within a case. Instead, you'll just have to read the digital manual off the home menu.

Source

I noticed that; it is a bittersweet feeling not to read a physical instruction manual ever again, even if they haven't been worth to read since the Wii era. At least with the original DKCR's instruction manual tried to be more creative with the return of Cranky comments.

Edited on by DestinyMan

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse