3DS Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Showing 201 to 220 of 299

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

201. Posted:

i am sooooo green with envy right now! i have to wait a couple weeks to get this as i have to buy 2 AC:NLs. so many games, so little money, lol.

anybody want to buy a kidney?

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

202. Posted:

New mode please. I can't stand the difficulty of the original :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

203. Posted:

@k8sMum: No thanks I need to save that money for games. ;)

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

204. Posted:

My 2 cents on this game if you will. I don't even notice the lower frame rate. Hasn't bother me even once. The controls are a breath of fresh air and very responsive. The only thing I've noticed so far are the slightly muddier colors in some areas otherwise this game looks great in 3d. The only other problem I could see is if you don't own an xl then the screen could be small and hard to see where the secrets are.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

205. Posted:

Personally I think this is the superior version of the game. The frame rate also never registered with me, and the 3D effects add a lot more than I expected them to. Plus it feels like a better fit for a handheld, but that's obviously personal preference. Excellent game.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

SuperSah

206. Posted:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

Personally I think this is the superior version of the game. The frame rate also never registered with me, and the 3D effects add a lot more than I expected them to. Plus it feels like a better fit for a handheld, but that's obviously personal preference. Excellent game.

Took the words out of my mouth.
It's excellent looks amazing on 3DS.

I own a original 3DS and find it easy to see everything, no issue.

Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS) - Mario Kart 7 - Colors! 3D

3DS Friend Code: 4425-2273-6142 | Twitter: Erdogan44

AuthorMessage

Peach64

207. Posted:

This is brilliant :D

http://kotaku.com/watch-donkey-kong-scare-the-crap-out-of-chi...

Peach64

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

208. Posted:

Ya I saw that yesterday on youtube, oh Nintendo lol.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

209. Posted:

So far, so good! The 3D effect is phenomenal, and the controls feel good. I notice the pace isn't as smooth as the original, but that doesn't hurt the game at all. The opening cutscene was beautiful in 3D!

I notice there's a few things different from the original. One of them is a new jingle for when you collect a orb in a temple level. The other is the Movie Gallery, but I don't know what movies it would show there. DKCR only has four animated cutscenes, but there were plenty of slots in the Movie Gallery.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Nintendroid5000

210. Posted:

Love it. Best game since mario 3d Land. I barely played this on the Wii but I love the 3D effect and the new mode I like because I'm a noob. :D

Edited on by Nintendroid5000

Nintendroid5000

AuthorMessage

astros75

211. Posted:

Glad to hear that the port went above and beyond. My copy is on its way, but I really wanna finish Luigis Mansion before I get started with DK & Animal Crossing. Can't complain about the amount of quality content from Nintendo.

Favorite 3DS Games:
Fire Emblem: Awk. ~ Mario Kart 7 ~ Animal Crossing: NL ~ Luigis Mansion: DM
Res. Evil: Rev ~ Super Mario 3d Land ~ DKC Returns ~ Kid Icarus Uprising

Favorite WiiU Games:
Pikmin 3 ~ New Super Mario Bros U

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0174-1633 | Nintendo Network ID: astros75

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

212. Posted:

@Dev - I noticed that too. A different jingle for the orbs is a nice little change.
As for the movies, I'm going through World 5 right now (collected every puzzle piece thus far) and none of them are unlocked yet. They might be some original content; finding out what they are is a good enough reason for me to play through the game again.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

213. Posted:

I didn't mean to buy this on day one, I really didn't. I saw it was out last night so I checked GAM's website and ended up buying a download code for £30. Really enjoying it so far. I haven't played the Wii version but I did play the SNES games not to long ago and enjoyed them immensely.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

Yai

214. Posted:

This game is surprisingly difficult. I'm not playing on New Mode because wanted a challenge.. and well. xD To ace the first world one level in particular ate 30 lives!!

I love it though, it is nice to have a difficult platformer for a change. Some of the recent Mario games have been insanely easy. Mario 3D Land, I'm looking at you.

Edited on by Yai

Yai

Twitter: HanaeNarahashi

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

215. Posted:

Even though Donkey Kong Country Returns is one of my favorite 2D platformers and heck, games ever, I don't think i'll be picking this version up. It just seems like a better fit on the big screen to me, and from the videos i've seen, the lighting looks a little bit off compared to the original version.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

May_Nyan

216. Posted:

Is anyone else trying to play this on an ordinary 3DS? (not XL)
I'm finding that it's so small it makes my eyes sleepy and gives me a headache, so basically, it's unplayable.

May_Nyan

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

217. Posted:

I've got an ordinary 3DS and I'm not finding it anywhere near unplayable...I actually enjoy it more than I did the Wii version. But diff'rent strokes... :)

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

218. Posted:

i have to wait a week to get this game. I can`t wait to play it though. I`m buying a physical copy so I can share it with my son. He loves platformers.

looking forward to Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Hyrule Warriors, Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, PL vs AA, Persona Q, and Story of Seasons.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

WebHead

219. Posted:

I have decided to skip this version of the game. I have and beat the game on Wii and I guess the 3D effect and extra levels aren't enough for me to do a $35 double dip.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

Chaoslink1

220. Posted:

I have both :D
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=524848064218673&s...

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Nintendo Network ID: Chaoslink1 | Twitter: Chaoslink1