3DS Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Showing 121 to 140 of 299

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

121. Posted:

It looks like Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is to have local multiplayer, and an Easy Mode, that doesn't change the level, but gives Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong an extra heart. As well as a multiplayer mode.
http://www.destructoid.com/donkey-kong-country-returns-3d-wil...
I don't see a full reason why. This game already has a Super Guide, and items that can help you with your life problem.
As for the multiplayer, I just hope this game doesn't lag.
It also has an extra bonus for those completionists who want to beat EVERY stage. I'll be buying this and playing it 24 hours straight. I can never get tired of playing DKCR. I've beaten it 3 times straight.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

122. Posted:

Well at least its nice to know its not a straight port! I'm getting it regardless.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

123. Posted:

I was going to pre-order this one, but the upcoming releases of SMT IV and Project X-Zone are going to make that impossible, unfortunately. Oh well. Maybe I'll get this one later in the year, if there aren't a bunch of big Q4 releases.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

124. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

I was going to pre-order this one, but the upcoming releases of SMT IV and Project X-Zone are going to make that impossible, unfortunately. Oh well. Maybe I'll get this one later in the year, if there aren't a bunch of big Q4 releases.

I feel like we are in an endless 4th quarter loop!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

125. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Imagine what will actually be coming out in Q4. <3

I foresee Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Bravely Default, a Professor Layton title, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, and perhaps Devil Survivor 2: Break Code!

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

126. Posted:

Good, so this won't be a straight port after all. With the original having Mirror Mode, I wonder what they have in store after beating the full game this time?

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

127. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Imagine what will actually be coming out in Q4. <3

I foresee Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Bravely Default, a Professor Layton title, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, and perhaps Devil Survivor 2: Break Code!

Both Mario/Luigi titles have already been announced for summer.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

128. Posted:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D will seek to make the game a lot easier for folks scared of the original difficulty by not only providing an easy mode, but also new items. A green balloon saves you from falling to your death. You get to have portable DK barrels to summon Diddy Kong at any time. And you get a blue potion that gives you extra hit points for the mine cart and rocket barrel levels. The easy mode was made to accomodate a portable game, and obviously the original difficult is still there for those of us who played the original and grinned and bared through the challenge.

The most interesting thing, however, is the addition of an extra world of new levels after you beat the main game.

See the new features in the new trailer.

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

129. Posted:

So much for an exact port. I'm glad they added a new level with more stages. I'm in but not sure if its enough for most to double dip!?

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

130. Posted:

I will be getting this since I have never played the Wii version. I gotta say 3DS is turning out to be my favorite console this gen.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

131. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

I will be getting this since I have never played the Wii version. I gotta say 3DS is turning out to be my favorite console this gen.

If this keeps up it might be my favorite of all time. I can't see next year being this great but I'm hoping the Wii U has this much success by this time next year.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

132. Posted:

Time for the inevitable complaints about it having an easy mode. I don't see why people care. It just means the game is accessible to a wider number of gamers of varying skill levels. As long as the original difficulty is included I'll be a happy camper.

And yeah, 3DS > Vita, Wii U, PS4, XBOX 720, more than likely. There are SO MANY good games being released for it.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

133. Posted:

...Huh, so they are adding a new world...and it wasn't just me thinking I'm going crazy when I saw some unfamiliar levels. xD
Still going to wait to see what else they have, I might just end up buying this and trading in the original.
(also, I think this is Year of the Retro, and not Year of the Luigi, lol)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

134. Posted:

Im really eager for the new controls and new world not to mention portability.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

135. Posted:

I will be at the beach when this gets released. Oh well, I'm still on the fence as to whether I want this or the (cheaper, price wise) Wii version. I've not played it

Edited on by bezerker99

bezerker99

AuthorMessage

CM30

136. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

I will be at the beach when this gets released. Oh well, I'm still on the fence as to whether I want this or the (cheaper, price wise) Wii version. I've not played it

Well, how much do you like motion controls? And how good are you at 2D platformers?

If you don't like the former or are worse at the latter, buy the 3DS version, since it has no forced motion controls and a nice 'easy mode' style option with extra items. Then again, with the new content, I'd recommend the 3DS one over the Wii version for a new buyer regardless.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

137. Posted:

@bezerker99 These are the pros and cons thus far that I know of!

Wii version has better colors plus looks brighter and is definitely cheaper.

The 3ds version has no waggle controls, has more levels, has an easy mode, and of course is portable. I'm sure there are more of which I can't think of at the moment.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

138. Posted:

@CM30
@Tech101

Thanks for the suggestions/feedback! I'm still torn b/t the two, lol. I'm saving to get a Wii U and possibly an XL so I'm going to have to keep DKCR on the game-buyin' backburner for a while! :O

Edited on by bezerker99

bezerker99

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

139. Posted:

Here's 13 minutes of how the game looks in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfiRSRsUcZE&list=HL1366409454

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

140. Posted:

Untitled

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder