3DS Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Showing 101 to 120 of 299

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

101. Posted:

I skipped out on the Wii version, so if this is priced the same I'll get it.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

Sp00n

102. Posted:

I can't wait. This is the game that got me into 2D platforming. I would LOVE to play it again.

I hope it doesn't suffer from the same porting issues as Rayman Origins...

Sp00n

AuthorMessage

Emaan

103. Posted:

Ehh, I'll be skipping this. One version of the game is enough for me.

I only just beat it a few days ago anyways. I liked the 3D effect in the eShop video though.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

104. Posted:

If it adds a decent amount of new content, I might pick it up again.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

CM30

105. Posted:

If it adds more Golden Temple levels or a new boss, I'll buy it. If it doesn't, I'll skip it. Simple as.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

106. Posted:

Here's a cool thought. Remember unlocking the game's gorgeous concept art as you collected puzzle pieces? How about in this version, we can see those in 3D?

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

CommanderV

107. Posted:

Remakes of the entire DKC series and I'd be all over it. But that's not gunna happen.

CommanderV

AuthorMessage

Lalivero

108. Posted:

Astro wrote:

Remakes of the entire DKC series and I'd be all over it. But that's not gunna happen.

This. :/

...formerly - Chriiis

3DS Friend Code: 4742-6833-4680 | Nintendo Network ID: Lalivero

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

109. Posted:

Nintendo, here's a good remake idea.
SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE 3D
Gyroscope or circle pad controls for FLUDD, new playable characters (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi)
New multiplayer modes (VS. Mode similar to Super Mario 64 DS) and Co-op mode
New missions (Now there are 10 for each island) and missions from original game are altered to make use of characters' abilities, as do the new missions, and a new island "Grandmaster Haven" that puts skills to the test
Improves graphics and 3D visuals, makes use of 3DS's capabilites
Different chracters abilities (Mario's FLUDD functions similarly to the original Super Mario Sunshine; useful for misssions involving tons of platforming, Luigi's shoots water like a laser gun; useful for shooting targets and enemies, Wario's FLUDD shoots water in massive, destructive explosions; useful for boss fights and revealing secret paths, Waluigi's FLUDD makes a giant wave he can ride on; useful for surfing on water and reaching areas that can not be reached with the other characters' FLUDDs and traveling up spouts of water)

Personally I think that's a better idea for a 3DS remake but this is good I guess. :)

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

CommanderV

110. Posted:

Sunshine should of been a "new play control" game on wii with wiimote FLUDDing. But yeah, I'd really like to see a Sunshine remake.

CommanderV

AuthorMessage

CM30

111. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Nintendo, here's a good remake idea.
SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE 3D
Gyroscope or circle pad controls for FLUDD, new playable characters (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi)
New multiplayer modes (VS. Mode similar to Super Mario 64 DS) and Co-op mode
New missions (Now there are 10 for each island) and missions from original game are altered to make use of characters' abilities, as do the new missions, and a new island "Grandmaster Haven" that puts skills to the test
Improves graphics and 3D visuals, makes use of 3DS's capabilites
Different chracters abilities (Mario's FLUDD functions similarly to the original Super Mario Sunshine; useful for misssions involving tons of platforming, Luigi's shoots water like a laser gun; useful for shooting targets and enemies, Wario's FLUDD shoots water in massive, destructive explosions; useful for boss fights and revealing secret paths, Waluigi's FLUDD makes a giant wave he can ride on; useful for surfing on water and reaching areas that can not be reached with the other characters' FLUDDs and traveling up spouts of water)

Personally I think that's a better idea for a 3DS remake but this is good I guess. :)

If I could like your post I would. Seriously, I've wanted a Mario 64 DS style remake with the same characters and new content for months now.

Hell, I know I'd buy it. Especially if they fixed up such mediocre stuff as Corona Mountain and made it into the final level we've always wanted and deserved....

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Knux

112. Posted:

I just wanted to share this.

It looks VERY close, but the Wii version seems to have the slight edge in graphical details.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

113. Posted:

It's good to know that it looks completely identical to the Wii original (aside from the low resolution), and nothing seems missing. Though, the actual important question is if there's going to be additional content to justify a purchase from someone who already owns it on Wii.

I'm leaning towards the no side.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

114. Posted:

have my copy pre-ordered. never got this game on the Wii. I'd love them to remake the originals or put them on the eShop.

looking forward to Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Hyrule Warriors, Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, PL vs AA, Persona Q, and Story of Seasons.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

115. Posted:

I figured it would take a hit in graphics but didn't think it would be that noticeable. Still looks great though and I want it just to have it portable and to see the 3d. I never seemed to be able to get some sit down time with the console version as I rarely play anything but 3ds now a days.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

WesCash

116. Posted:

Knux wrote:

the Wii version seems to have the slight edge in graphical details.

That's not something you hear every day. Or any day for that matter.

Why does the Wii version look better? That's disappointing. The 3DS is far more capable than the Wii in the visual department.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

117. Posted:

WesCash wrote:

That's not something you hear every day. Or any day for that matter.

Why does the Wii version look better? That's disappointing. The 3DS is far more capable than the Wii in the visual department.

Lower resolution.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

118. Posted:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/298/4/d/donkey_kong_co...

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

119. Posted:

@Big-Daddy - Oh hey, I've seen that artist's work before. He had a really nice idea for a Yoshi game.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

GTWarrior77

120. Posted:

I borrowed this game from a friend for a weekend back when it came out on the wii. I played through to the final boss and beat it. I did not 100% the game though.

I am tempted to get this but it will have to get in line behind Luigi's Mansion 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Lego City Undercover for 3DS and Animal Crossing New Leaf.

"As a man thinketh, so is he."

3DS fc: 0817 - 4085 - 8871
WiiU NNID: GTWarrior