Forums

Topic: Does your lower screen rim leave marks on upper screen?

Posts 161 to 177 of 177

6ch6ris6

@lordtendoboy

did you have to pay anything? in the manualbook of the 3ds it says that screen scratches dont fall under warranty.

i also have this problems. but it is not a real scratch. you can barely see it. only if you hold the 3ds in the right position directly under a lamp. but it isnt just dirty. it cant be wiped off.
only my touchscreen has screenprotectors, cause i wasnt able to get them onto the upper screen^^ but i highly doubt that screenprotectors will prevent from these marks.
oh btw i only have marks on the right side of the upper screen.

so stupid

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

milkman12

mine doesnt. but whenever you just snap your 3DS shut, it cracks the upper screen, so i put pads on the llittle plastic bars that are on the edges of the top screen. the C-Pad, however leaves marks no matter what

milkman12

LordTendoboy

6ch6ris6 wrote:

@lordtendoboy

did you have to pay anything? in the manualbook of the 3ds it says that screen scratches dont fall under warranty.

i also have this problems. but it is not a real scratch. you can barely see it. only if you hold the 3ds in the right position directly under a lamp. but it isnt just dirty. it cant be wiped off.
only my touchscreen has screenprotectors, cause i wasnt able to get them onto the upper screen^^ but i highly doubt that screenprotectors will prevent from these marks.
oh btw i only have marks on the right side of the upper screen.

so stupid

It's covered under warranty. It's considered a manufacturer's defect, cause the way the raised area around the touch screen is designed, it can leave scratches on the top screen when the system is closed.

That's why I always put the foam insert between the screens when I close my 3DS.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

luisesteban

Mine too, in the first days of owning my 3ds I didn't use the foam protector so a take a painfull lesson with the upper screen. With time I've stop feeling bad for the scratch, but it was a sad.

luisesteban

6ch6ris6

i dont have this protector anymore. it went to the garbage can right after i unboxed my 3DS cause i never thought i would use it anyway -.-

guess i will contact nintendo now. but i dont wanna send in my 3DS. i am playing with it so much right now

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Chris720

Why Nintendo had to raise the touch screen in the first play I do not know, what was wrong with having it flat or having the gap between the top screen and the bottom screen increased? It's a lovely machine, but dang, that is one monumentally stupid design flaw.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

SimonB79

i noticed yesterday that my 3DS is scratched aswell ... its definitely a design fault. /shrug

SimonB79

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0015-7850 | Nintendo Network ID: SimonB79 | Twitter:

SamuraiShyGuy

I leave the foam insert that came inside the system when I bought it between the upper and lower screens. It still leaves slight marks, but no scratches. What sucks is that the upper screen on my 3DS had a little scratch in it straight out of the box. Luckily it's toward the edge of the screen. Really the only thing I notice when playing games is dust particles on the screen.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

HappyHappy

Happens to my 3DS all the time, really considering on buying a screen protector.

So many good games, so little money to spend.
3DS FC: 2148-8542-0062 Name:Ram-Z
Add me if you dare!
3DS Games:
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

Twitter:

TheKingOfTown

No.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Link1998

no i don't have any but i have screen protectors on my screens

Link1998

Henmii

"I leave the foam insert that came inside the system when I bought it between the upper and lower screens. It still leaves slight marks, but no scratches"

As soon as I noticed the mark I did the same, since I feared it would become a scratch eventually. But yeah, you still get some marks especially if you put it the wrong way up (One side is totally flat. That side of the foam should hit the upper screen). I clean the upperscreen quite often with a alcoholic piece of paper. Anyway, a screen protector is maybe a better option. I got one package for free when I bought a 3DS, so I could use that one!

But other then that my 3DS works really fine!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

DanteSolablood

HappyHappy wrote:

Happens to my 3DS all the time, really considering on buying a screen protector.

I actually have a screen protector... but I'm so OCD that I just can't put it on incase the dust gets in there! Worst mistake I made was using a microfibre cloth to clean the screen. Now I have lots of little microfibres on my screen! :'o lol

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

Tasuki

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I leave the foam insert that came inside the system when I bought it between the upper and lower screens.

Thats what I used till I lost it now I just use a piece of toilet paper folded in half an place it between the screens when I close it. I haven't got one mark on it yet.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

k8sMum

i found a nintendo ds cleaning cloth i had, cut it in 1/2 and i works perfectly. i really hate screen protectors, but i have a really light touch with the stylus and have never had a problem with scratches on any handheld.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

RoryLee

What k8 said. I use a cloth that I use to clean my glasses and I keep it in between the 3DS when I close it.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

Joeynator3000

........I just noticed something after getting my new custom skin...I'm not getting the marks anymore, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.