Forums

Topic: Does your lower screen rim leave marks on upper screen?

Posts 141 to 160 of 177

Papa_Godzilla

the marks are becoming much more apparent now. i dont feel like sending my 3ds to nintendo, ill miss it for those couple of days ...but again, if its a nintendo branded repair...

where im a bit scared is that i installed a nyko powerpak+, so i opened it, and left the bottom plastic part/original battery somewhere in the house, and i can find it. i think my wife placed it randomly in a box (since we recently moved, its a mess)
you think nintendo will still fix my screen mark problem anyway ? even if i kinda modified my 3DS ?

Papa_Godzilla

JustAnotherUser

I don't think they will as they will see it as an 'illegal' modification, you could ask them and explain your situation as a last resort though they could be understanding.

JustAnotherUser

Papa_Godzilla

ill make a call tonight, i hope they dont close their lines before 6oclock in canada.

Papa_Godzilla

JustAnotherUser

Best of luck, if they won't you could always stick some other nibs on the top corners of the screen.

JustAnotherUser

Papa_Godzilla

yeah. as long as i get it for starfox, its fine by me. but september first would be great too. this means that if i have to send it, i must do it as soon as possible. ill call tonight!

Papa_Godzilla

Papa_Godzilla

JarvanZheitk wrote:

Best of luck, if they won't you could always stick some other nibs on the top corners of the screen.

this is probably what i will end up doing. i fear sending my 3ds... and if they only fix something that minor, i can do it myself without waiting for it and not using it for days. im a 3ds junkie!

Papa_Godzilla

Magi

Looks like I'll have to send my son's back now. His pedometer stopped working.

No screen issues so far on the three 3DS systems we have, though!

Magi

Papa_Godzilla

there is this guy who took xbox 360 feets(pads) and placed them on the 3ds. it seems to work quite well, and it doesnt look ugly. clever.

since i dont have a 360, someone knows the exact height of the pads ?

Papa_Godzilla

Papa_Godzilla

i contacted nintendo, waiting for their response.

i still stopped by my game shop, and the manager there was kind enough to give me xbox360 pads from his demonstrator.
and it works !
it almost feel like it belonged there. thanks to him, i wont have anymore marks!

Papa_Godzilla

grumblebuzzz

I bought a so-called screen protector that was Nintendo approved and it ended up being a non-adhesive piece of hard plastic that just sits in the touchscreen section, not the top portion that I expected. Of course it said nowhere on the package that it was for the touchscreen, just that it would "keep (my) system safe from debris and scratching." if it hadn't been for the little screen-wiper pad that was included, I'd have returned the kit. At any rate, I hate that my system gets those little ridges on the corners of the screen. I see it becoming a problem further down the line for sure.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

Papa_Godzilla

hori! i dont kn ow if theyre approved from nintendo, but they do a fine job for me. theyre harder than, like, i-con ones. but they didnt give me hell with bubbles. even application was easier.
so now i only need a protector for the lower screen, thanks to the 360 feet pads

Papa_Godzilla

Birdman

Got mine back, and I've noticed the nubs are a little bit longer than they were originally. Unfortunately, guess what's still happening on my top screen? Excuse me, I have a new berserk button to report about.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Mok

the_shpydar wrote:

No insult or offense intended. Just as far as i can tell, it's only a handful of people on the interwebs who are complaining about this, generally younger gamers (who, not to over-generalize, don't necessarily take as much care of their expensive electronic devices), and no one i know IRL has it happening, so i really don't get how this is happening at all if it isn't from poor handling.

I noticed the same problem almost immediately after I got my 3DS two weeks ago. At first I actually thought I had been careless but it happened time and again. I'm not one of the "younger gamers" but it still happens however careful I am with closing the lid.

Current 3DS games: Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 3D Land, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, Super Street Fighter IV 3D, Ridge Racer 3D.

Current Switch games: Too many to mention.

armoredghor

I have smudges but not scratches. It's removable.

@grumblebuzz they've actually had those since the start of the DS. They probably moved them over to the 3DS not realizing that the screens can get scratched by things other than styli.

Edited on by armoredghor

armoredghor

LordTendoboy

I sent in my 3DS for this exact problem (along with a loose L button). I have my system back, and it looks like they replaced the entire top screen, and fixed most of the other issues I reported. But the L button is still loose, they didn't fix that.

The invoice states that a replacement system was sent to me, but this 3DS has the exact same serial number that I had registered on Club Nintendo.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

elchavo90

They may have given that 3ds the same serial number to prevent free cling from being given out. I also had this problem and had to send it in and they fixed it quickly. I noticed that my top screen looked brighter and the 3d effect was more noticible. However, this may have been because I hadn't played with my 3ds for a while. So, it annoys me when people imply it's the gamers fault his 3ds got scratched. I've put my ds life and even dsixl, (shocking I know), into my pockets and no scratches. First thing I did when I got my system back was use the pads on my brothers 360 to prevent this from hapenning again.

elchavo90

Nintendo Network ID: elchav90 | Twitter:

LordTendoboy

elchavo90 wrote:

They may have given that 3ds the same serial number to prevent free cling from being given out. I also had this problem and had to send it in and they fixed it quickly. I noticed that my top screen looked brighter and the 3d effect was more noticible. However, this may have been because I hadn't played with my 3ds for a while. So, it annoys me when people imply it's the gamers fault his 3ds got scratched. I've put my ds life and even dsixl, (shocking I know), into my pockets and no scratches. First thing I did when I got my system back was use the pads on my brothers 360 to prevent this from hapenning again.

I just use the foam insert they put between the screens when they shipped it back to me.

I have to send in my 3DS again. The left side of the hinge is loose, and it makes a cracking noise when I close the system. And the Left shoulder button is still loose!

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

romulux

i put screen protectors on when i first bought my 3DS and have put a cleaning cloth between the screens every time i close it- still got the marks. they don't wipe off, either. there's no avoiding them. i don't know if the marks will come off with the protector or if they're permanently indented into the screen itself.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.