Forums

Topic: Does advanced setup let you play wifi games on the 3DS?

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Rocossa

I was wondering if the 3DS can play Wifi games with advanced setup. I know that DSi has advanced setup but it won't work for actual games, just things like DSi shop and Flipnote studio. What I'm saying is can I play things like Street fighter 4 online with advanced setup?

Rocossa

R-L-A-George

DSi does, it only tells you you need advanced setup if its certain wifi settings.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

Ploppins

I'm not familiar with "Advanced Setup," but I'm assuming it allows the DSi to connect to a WPA protected internet connection, which the original DS coouldn't do. If that's the case, then yes, you can connect using "Advanced Setup" because the 3DS supports WPA protected internet connections.

PSN/NNID: Ploppins_
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298

Rocossa

Ok, thanks! Now I definitely will get Mario Kart 7

Edited on by Rocossa

Rocossa

theblackdragon

the 3DS has no problems playing 3DS games online — what you're thinking of is having a DSi or 3DS, setting up a secured internet connection (instead of a WEP connection, like DS games require), and then attempting to play a DS title via WFC. That's not the case when playing a 3DS game, though, as it can utilize any connection the 3DS can access for WFC play (the DS could only access a WEP connection, thus the game WFC problem on DSi and 3DS). :3

Either way, glad to see you've come to a decision. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.