Forums

Topic: Do you think there should be a new 3DS redesign in 2015? If yes, what do you want it to have?

Posts 41 to 51 of 51

2Sang

WaLzgi wrote:

CrazyOtto wrote:

A new model just got announced, and it even comes in both "Lite" and "XL"! Crazy that one gets announced so soon after I start this thread.

Untitled

My hats

Can't you transfer mii plaza data and save data from your eshop games?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

shingi_70

@Einherjar

Depends if this means the 3DS will go for another couple of years. (it can in japan and probably the west).

Japan will upgrade regardless due to being a handheld centric region, but for america they'll need some Launch titles to push it. My guess is that for the core we see Xenoblade Chronciles and maybe a sequel to 3D world.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Faruko

getting the new model, day 1

shingi_70 wrote:

@Einherjar

Depends if this means the 3DS will go for another couple of years. (it can in japan and probably the west).

Japan will upgrade regardless due to being a handheld centric region, but for america they'll need some Launch titles to push it. My guess is that for the core we see Xenoblade Chronciles and maybe a sequel to 3D world.

the 2DS sold LIKE crazy (of course based on price i guess), and i dont think this new model would be any different

according to the direct, this one actually cost less than the old models (retail price, not counting disscounts)

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

unrandomsam

I thought due to looking at what they have done in the past we were due one about now.

If newer games start getting enhancements due to the new hardware I will get one as soon as I can. (Something similar to the Shantae GBA ones). Or something like a 3D Land sequel that is only 60fps on the new hardware etc.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Kawaiipikachu

These new systems I don't know what to make of then.
Are tbey new 3DS models or 3DS Successors?
If they only new models then they would only have of the shelf updates meaning no CPU updates at all, just like how the DSi was compaired to the DS.
Yet if the inital reports are true that it does have extra processing power, then these would not be 3DS's at all, they be more like 3DS Successor.

Then that means that they released it too soon & at this rate of release means the 3DS Successor Successor's would be released at the same time as 9th generation meaning that these systems more like an in between generations as they nether fit in 8th or 9th generation.
As you can imagine that would cause marketing problems in the long run.

As for the Micro SD. Why?
It means we have to by new card, then copy everything over to the new card if we want to retain our files to the new systen.
Then the theres the awkwardness of getting to the card just to simply transfer any images or music files along & because of it, it means it's easier to lose the card.
I don't really see the need for the micro SD in the first place, as I can even imagine todays smart phone be fine with a regular card.
I don't care if it makes my phone 2mm thicker, I just want to use an easy fo handle card.

So atn I don't even know if this is a 3DS system or a new system thats only a 3DS in name only.
Like how the DSi is still just another DS meanwhile the GBA is only GameBoy in name only.

Kawaiipikachu

Mk_II

Mk_II wrote:

Two circle pads means a new OS and dev kit and that is not going to happen in this generation. Perhaps the next one but Nintendo is not going to release a 3DS model that is not compatible with the current crop.

well, i'll be eating crow and humble pie tonight... safe to say i really did not see this new 3DS revision coming. Just goes to show that you can always expect Nintendo to do the unexpected.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Inkling

Funny we were talking about it then Nintendo announces it

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Dreamsleep

I think it's more funny that they actually put the second stick on there (even though it's a tiny nub), that everyone and their mother (including me) said they would NEVER, EVER, WEVER DO!

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

ClockworkMario

@CrazyOtto
Untitled
I do believe my old, first wave 3DS is due for an upgrade, so out with the old, in with the 'New'.

Edited on by ClockworkMario

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

CrazyOtto

Bulbousaur wrote:

CrazyOtto wrote:

Do you think there should be a new 3DS redesign in 2015? If yes, what do you want it to have?

• Two built in Circle Pads
  • Have both Lite-sized and XL-sized versions of it on its release day

All hail @CrazyOtto, the almighty oracle!

I think it even has the third thing I listed. "The ability to use SD cards over 32GB without having to format it"

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.