Forums

Topic: Do you think there should be a new 3DS redesign in 2015? If yes, what do you want it to have?

Posts 21 to 40 of 51

19Robb92

Sure.

Just make a 3DS Lite & 3DS XL Lite model, thinner and smoother design all around. I'd buy that.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

rolLTheDice

The DS Lite was needed because the look of the original DS model wasn't very appealing.
I don't see the same situation with any current model of the 3DS.
Also money is probably rather spent on other things than a new iteration of the 3DS these days.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

NintendoFan990

We don't need a new model. The 3DS Lite is basically the original 3DS.

Edited on by NintendoFan990

I am a human.

unrandomsam

I would like a new 3DS XL with a circle pad more like the 2DS Demo Units seem to have. Thinner lighter nicer build quality.

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

WebHead

Maybe a 3DS Lite that's basically a redo of the og 3ds that fixes the flaws.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Noelemahc

Diddy_kong wrote:

Nope, the XL is fine the way it is. We don't need to second circle pad so people need to stop going on and on about it. The games for the system are not designed with a second circle pad in mind, therefore, a re-design of the system does not need it either.

Self-fulfilling prophecy. There won't be games that support it as long as the CPP is a separately sold item. In the meantime, we get stupidity like Dragon Quest X having to waste the touch screen on emulating the missing buttons.

Edited on by Noelemahc

Noelemahc

CrazyOtto

A new model just got announced, and it even comes in both "Lite" and "XL"! Crazy that one gets announced so soon after I start this thread.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Smash_kirby

I think Nintendo is planting forum threads through users now.

Smash_kirby

LzWinky

CrazyOtto wrote:

A new model just got announced, and it even comes in both "Lite" and "XL"! Crazy that one gets announced so soon after I start this thread.

Untitled

My hats

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

WebHead

The new models look sweet! Hopefully na gets them this year.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

shingi_70

Dear Lord I need these, Intresting stragety to do phone update to the 3DS. Guess I know my next two console purchases.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Noelemahc

Noelemahc wrote:

I'd gladly buy a 3DSi, if:

• Same improvements as from DSL to DSi (none of that XL size crap, a portable should be PORTABLE; just put better hardware into the same shape)
  • As above, double the RAM
  • As above, increase screen size AT LEAST to have the touch screen match DSi's in size
  • Integrate CPP functions to force game devs to actually use them, as the main reason few games support CPP is because of its low install base
  • MAKE THE HINGE STURDIER, GAH
  • Fingerprint-resistant surface (DSi again!)
  • The "only three access points" principle carried over from the DSi is the only thing that needs improvement. COME ON, IT'S A PORTABLE DEVICE

I find it utterly hilarious that the new 3DS satisfies EVERY SINGLE ONE of my requirements for it except the hinge durability and OS improvements, which, I expect, we will be able to try out later =)

Noelemahc

Nintendo6400

The new 3ds looks Awsome! ...too bad I upgraded to xl last Christmas. -_-

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

shingi_70

Makes me glad I held off on buying the Yoshi 3DS model. I wonder when this will be launching in the states. I'll probably try for a Wii U in Jan/FB getting refurbished model and getting one of these day one. I'm hoping they have a black model with the colored buttons.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Einherjar

This will be my third 3DS....and frankly, i can hardly wait for it to arrive.
I SO hope that it will come bundled with Xenoblade, or at least that the game will actually see the light of day around here (Project Rainfall 2 anyone ?)
In all honesty though, this was a needed step.
It streamlines the 3DSs accessoires like the CPP and the upcomming Amiibo stand and gives devs a reason to use the added buttons of the CPP.

Also, the usual Fanboy rant: Is THIS the final nail in the Vitas coffin ? I mean, the bloat about their second analog nub so much, that it has become a bulet oint on their game boxes
With that, the exceptionally bigger library AND a much more comfortable memory solution, this new 3DS is a handheld force to be reckoned with.

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

shingi_70

Einherjar wrote:

This will be my third 3DS....and frankly, i can hardly wait for it to arrive.
I SO hope that it will come bundled with Xenoblade, or at least that the game will actually see the light of day around here (Project Rainfall 2 anyone ?)
In all honesty though, this was a needed step.
It streamlines the 3DSs accessoires like the CPP and the upcomming Amiibo stand and gives devs a reason to use the added buttons of the CPP.

Also, the usual Fanboy rant: Is THIS the final nail in the Vitas coffin ? I mean, the bloat about their second analog nub so much, that it has become a bulet oint on their game boxes
With that, the exceptionally bigger library AND a much more comfortable memory solution, this new 3DS is a handheld force to be reckoned with.

You don't need to worry about Xenoblade not coming over. Shulk is in smash and Xenoblade X is coming over to the west, most likely were going to see Xenoblade early spring and X either late summer or the big fall/winter game.

WAT!

veeflames

To the OP, 3DS Pro is what I'd call mine, too. It'll sport two circle pads, better CPU, 4D technology, NFC, better battery and lots more. Only thing is, it'll be a successor to the 3DS, not a redesign.
Anyway, I think we all know the details about the Direct in Japan, and guess what! A new redesign for 3DS with better CPU, a second circle pad(albeit smaller), better screens. A redesign!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

SubBronze

CrazyOtto wrote:

Do you think there should be a new 3DS redesign in 2015? If yes, what do you want it to have?

• Two built in Circle Pads
  • Have both Lite-sized and XL-sized versions of it on its release day

All hail @CrazyOtto, the almighty oracle!

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Einherjar

@shingi_70 I sure hope so But yeah, the signes are rather good for a localized release.

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.