Forums

Topic: Do you think there should be a new 3DS redesign in 2015? If yes, what do you want it to have?

Posts 1 to 20 of 51

CrazyOtto

Do you think there should be a new 3DS redesign in 2015? If yes, what do you want it to have?

For me, I'd like to see...

• Call it the "3DS Pro"
  • Two built in Circle Pads
  • The ability to use SD cards over 32GB without having to format it
  • Better sound quality
  • Pilotwings Resort being built into all systems along with a huge price drop of that game on the eShop
  • Have both Lite-sized and XL-sized versions of it on its release day

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

6ch6ris6

i dont think there will be another new 3DS. but there will be a new next gen handheld from nintendo in a few years.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Dizzy_Boy

Noing what Nintendo are like, who know what they have planned. Just look at what they did with bringing out the Wii mini late in the Wii's life.
Personaly I don't see much point for a new model, with the exception of fixing a few minor problems.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Prof_Clayton

They don't need a redesign, but we'll get one anyway eventually.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

derek_combatir

just one thing...

higher volume..

that's it...

derek_combatir

Mk_II

Two circle pads means a new OS and dev kit and that is not going to happen in this generation. Perhaps the next one but Nintendo is not going to release a 3DS model that is not compatible with the current crop.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

sub12

I agree that they don't need a redesign, an OLED screen on the XL would be cool though.......but more realistically, they should incorporate some of the ergonomic and layout improvements on the XL to the orginial slim model.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

LzWinky

Two circle pads simply won't happen.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

Inf4 anyone mentions it:

No, a 2DS-like redesign with a single big touch screen won't happen either.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Bolt_Strike

If we can't get Dual Circle Pads, than the other major thing I want is better internet service. The 3DS's internet is absolutely god awful for a modern day handheld. It's slow, it can't load big pages (IIRC, this is a RAM issue, they definitely need to up that), and it can't display the login screens that they use in places like McDonalds and Panera Bread.

Other than that, I'd like to see longer battery life, and yes, better sound quality.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Noelemahc

Should? Yes.
Will? Not likely.

I'd gladly buy a 3DSi, if:

• Same improvements as from DSL to DSi (none of that XL size crap, a portable should be PORTABLE; just put better hardware into the same shape)
  • As above, double the RAM
  • As above, increase screen size AT LEAST to have the touch screen match DSi's in size
  • Integrate CPP functions to force game devs to actually use them, as the main reason few games support CPP is because of its low install base
  • MAKE THE HINGE STURDIER, GAH
  • Fingerprint-resistant surface (DSi again!)
  • The "only three access points" principle carried over from the DSi is the only thing that needs improvement. COME ON, IT'S A PORTABLE DEVICE

Etc.
TLDR: "Have you tried traveling the world with that thing? Do you know what portability and ergonomics are?"

Noelemahc

Kawaiipikachu

Noelemahc wrote:

Should? Yes.
Will? Not likely.

I'd gladly buy a 3DSi, if:

• Same improvements as from DSL to DSi (none of that XL size crap, a portable should be PORTABLE; just put better hardware into the same shape)
  • As above, double the RAM
  • As above, increase screen size AT LEAST to have the touch screen match DSi's in size
  • Integrate CPP functions to force game devs to actually use them, as the main reason few games support CPP is because of its low install base
  • MAKE THE HINGE STURDIER, GAH
  • Fingerprint-resistant surface (DSi again!)
  • The "only three access points" principle carried over from the DSi is the only thing that needs improvement. COME ON, IT'S A PORTABLE DEVICE

Etc.
TLDR: "Have you tried traveling the world with that thing? Do you know what portability and ergonomics are?"

I don't wont a new 3DS.

Nintendo should have released the 3DS straight out without the bother of the DSi.

Infact the DSi never had the CPU boost that the media somehow erroneously reported about.
the DS line & the 3DS line have custom chips that houses the 2 CPU's within the same die.
The DSi never had the development for Nintendo to come up with the right 2 CPU's fo the first's prototype then have the custom die prototypes for the next lot of prototypes then manafacture the system in time to release it on the market.

Satoru never ever mentioned improved CPU specs in any press releases at all
The only updates the DSi had has to do with of the shelf componants, no custom chip sets at all.
the 3DS on the other hand has more time on the development, in fact I wouldn't be surprised that the first 3DS prototypes was made before even the DSi was conceived.

Kawaiipikachu

rolLTheDice

A new 3DS model with substantial new functions or advancements would probably end up as something like the DSi.
I don't want that to happen ever again.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

Noelemahc

Kawaiipikachu wrote:

Infact the DSi never had the CPU boost that the media somehow erroneously reported about.
The only updates the DSi had has to do with of the shelf componants, no custom chip sets at all.
the 3DS on the other hand has more time on the development, in fact I wouldn't be surprised that the first 3DS prototypes was made before even the DSi was conceived.

I never mentioned custom chips, just that it had a RAM increase, which was what allowed it to have a browser (and other stuff, like the test drive for what eventually became the eShop on the 3DS) without an expansion cart the DS/DSL needed. The DSi did what it had to do - bring people like me, that held out from buying a DS for very long in expectation that Nintendo would add something more than a gimmicky second screen. By the time the DSi came out, the DS had a sensible game line-up that didn't have to depend on backwards compatibility or adding touch functionality for the sake of HAVING touch functionality (much like the gyro functionality in 3DS games which gets in the way more often than it helps in what few games that use it without letting you turn it off (I'm looking at you, Super Mario 3D Land!)).

Splatom wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/Xmbf7.png

The Wii U layout of this

Yes please.

Edited on by Noelemahc

Noelemahc

larry_koopa

Nope, the XL is fine the way it is. We don't need to second circle pad so people need to stop going on and on about it. The games for the system are not designed with a second circle pad in mind, therefore, a re-design of the system does not need it either. It's a great little system as it is now and it doesn't need to be re-designed every 12 months like the original DS was.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

Grumblevolcano

A 3DS XXL would be nice.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.