Forums

Topic: Disney Lays off 700 Employees

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

Hy8ogen

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/07/business/media/disneys-game...

Oh dear. My heart is with those who lost their jobs. I hope this does not delay the 3DS Disney world game....Although Nintendo confirmed the release date is in mid April.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

shingi_70

Look's like they're making room for Nintendo.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

19Robb92

Wow, that's a LOT of people.. I hope they all manage to find new jobs.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

sinalefa

People can criticize Iwata all they want, but I admire how he goes to great lengths to avoid this kind of fate for his employees. I hope all these people find a new job soon.

Edited on by sinalefa

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

Hy8ogen

shingi_70 wrote:

Hahahahaha. No.

Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

GuSolarFlare

shingi_70 wrote:

oh no, the fears of a takeover are becoming reality!!!!!!!!! XD

Let's not poke users like this -Lz

Edited on by LzWinky

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Hy8ogen

sinalefa wrote:

People can criticize Iwata all they want, but I admire how he goes to lengths to avoid this kind of fate for his employees. I hope all these people find a new job soon.

Considering Nintendo's past, they honor 仁義

shingi_70

sinalefa wrote:

People can criticize Iwata all they want, but I admire how he goes to lengths to avoid this kind of fate for his employees. I hope all these people find a new job soon.

Well this mostly has more to do with the fact that Disney is slowy getting out of the Tradtional Business. Most of the people layed off were from the web division of disney which makes flash/facebook games a market that has been on decline since Facebook has started pushing mobile centric use,

Right now Disney is changing the way they operate to have three core business

-Moblie games like where's my Water
-Disney Infinity
-Licensing their IP to other publishers like they've done with EA and Star Wars.

But I agree that Iwata has done a great job of keeping all his employees while growing the company, ts partly why the QOL platform scares me.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Klimbatize

Yup, this is because after they acquire Nintendo they won't need so much overlap. It's to remove the redundancy in jobs.

It's...happening.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

cookiex

Hy8ogen wrote:

I hope this does not delay the 3DS Disney world game....Although Nintendo confirmed the release date is in mid April.

Disney Magical World wasn't done by Disney themselves, not to mention Nintendo is doing the publishing in the west.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

DefHalan

I guess that is why I never got a call back for their QA position...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

sugarshack

sinalefa wrote:

People can criticize Iwata all they want, but I admire how he goes to great lengths to avoid this kind of fate for his employees. I hope all these people find a new job soon.

Exactly. Disney has multi billion dollar industry's, yet they manage to toss 700* employees on the street.

“ I..Don't..Bargain."

Friendcode 3DS: 5086 2189 0573
Nintendo Network ID: sugarshaneo7

Hy8ogen

cookiex wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

I hope this does not delay the 3DS Disney world game....Although Nintendo confirmed the release date is in mid April.

Disney Magical World wasn't done by Disney themselves, not to mention Nintendo is doing the publishing in the west.

Yesh! My wife can rest easy then

MrWalkieTalkie

cookiex wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Not to mention that game has been finished since its already been available in Japan for a while. All Nintendo is doing is translating and publishing it. So no worries.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Socar

I'm just curious here. Since when was Disney interested in the gaming biz? Sure it started with their games being hard back on SNES and Genesis but the fact is license games don't really do much for sales.....They are just there for the sake of it.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

Artwark wrote:

I'm just curious here. Since when was Disney interested in the gaming biz? Sure it started with their games being hard back on SNES and Genesis but the fact is license games don't really do much for sales.....They are just there for the sake of it.

they got interested in gaming when Nintendo started with gaming, Disney is after Nintendo since the Color TV Game in 1977.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.