Forums

Topic: Disappointment of 3DS Top Screen "Animations"

Posts 21 to 37 of 37

Gold

SheldonRandoms wrote:

I like the ones that spin really fast when you blow into the mic.
Untitled
Those are the best ones in my opinion

Like Squidward Crossing : New Tentacles?

3DS FC: 4296-3465-6223

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

2Sang

Details like the animations really show how much nintendo has thought about the quality of the 3ds experience. It's fun just to look at all the games on your 3ds I wish they could do something interesting for the dsiware, but that'll probalby never happen for such a minute detail.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

LzWinky

I think Fire Emblem should add a little extra detail every time you reset for losing a character

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

2Sang wrote:

Details like the animations really show how much nintendo has thought about the quality of the 3ds experience. It's fun just to look at all the games on your 3ds I wish they could do something interesting for the dsiware, but that'll probalby never happen for such a minute detail.

DSiWare has an equivalent in the form of the icon.

These icons can go from <boring still image> to <funny looping gif> and some even change as you play the game, like Brain Age and Touch Solitaire.

I actually find it a little sad that the 3DS software icons are never animated.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

Seriously? Play the actual game. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is stuffed with adorable little details in-game. The character animations are superbly realized in the actual game.

I prefer minimalistic opening menus to really busy ones. Remember the one for Final Fantasy VII? Just a small image of a buster sword and a New Game or Continue option.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Eel

We are not talking about intro screens, this is about the little 3D dioramas (or in many cases, boring 2D banners) that appear on the top screen when you highlight a game/app on the Home menu.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

Morpheel wrote:

We are not talking about intro screens, this is about the little 3D dioramas (or in many cases, boring 2D banners) that appear on the top screen when you highlight a game/app on the Home menu.

Those little dioramas are often quote impressive. Especially with some first party Nintendo games.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

LzWinky

While I'll admit that the Menu screen can offer impressions, I never use them to judge a game. They're just not that significant to me

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Gold

Ralizah wrote:

Seriously? Play the actual game. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is stuffed with adorable little details in-game. The character animations are superbly realized in the actual game.

I prefer minimalistic opening menus to really busy ones. Remember the one for Final Fantasy VII? Just a small image of a buster sword and a New Game or Continue option.

I have played it, but I could never get around to finishing it.

3DS FC: 4296-3465-6223

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

Kyloctopus

Judging games on their top screen animations? That's silly!
I judge a game on it's disk cover.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

supermario182

it would be neat too if they changed as you progressed and unlocked things in the game.
one thing im disappointed in is that there is no startup noise and animation for the 3ds. its the first handheld to break this tradition since the first gameboy. they have that pusling 3ds one that is sometimes shown, but never on startup.

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
my website
play my games and demos here!!

Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

Kyloctopus wrote:

Judging games on their top screen animations? That's silly!
I judge a game on it's disk cover.

I judge the games by the instruction booklet so all new games are bad on my book(scoring and enjoyment are entirely different stories )

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

McGruber

I thought this thread was going to be about those horribly grainy cutscenes and CGI in most 3ds games.

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

Drawdler

What about eShop games? I think the one for Dillon is quite nice and I actually like the simplicity in the case of Crimson Shroud.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.