Forums

Topic: Considering buying 3DS, need advise!

Posts 21 to 30 of 30

Felioth

Thanks for all the answers again!!
I think i will buy a 3DS XL for sure!

Can you also write me down some games to get first?? I don't wanna open a new thread!
As i mentioned before i love JRPG! I also play a lot of action/adventure and hack & slash games... I don't like "pure" platformer (2D and 3D), so no Mario or Donkey Kong for me...

But i love the Mario RPG series and metroidvania type of games!
I'm also a sucker for KOEI Warriors titles... I know, there is not much variety in them, but played after a day of work/study they work really well against stress and tension!

With all of that said, I'm open to any suggestion!

EDIT: I remind you that I live in Italy, so, if you can, don't list NTSC games! Because, as i sadly understood, the 3DS is not region free...

Edited on by Felioth

Felioth

Geonjaha

If you have any love for strategy games then I highly recommend looking into getting Fire Emblem: Awakening; easily my favourite game for the system.

For Mario RPG's you're going to want to skip Paper Mario: Sticker Star and get Mario and Luigi: Dream Team instead (Although I personally haven't played the latter, I know it's better than Sticker Star).

Castlevania IV might also be worth a consideration for your Metroidvania needs. It's apparently quite different to other Castlevania games though so you might want to look into that.

Apart from those, I suppose Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Ocarina of Time 3D would be my general recommendations based on your preferences. Didn't enjoy them that much myself, but they're well made for the system none the less.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Tasuki

Honestly if you are into JRPGs I suggest Shin Megami Tensei IV,

Anyway though,
If you are looking for suggestions for games you might want to ask in this thread here

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/3ds_recommendations_th...

Now that you figured out what 3DS you are going with. Also you are probably going to get more answers there since thats the place we go around here to ask for games.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Gregor

Felioth wrote:

Thanks for all the answers again!!
I think i will buy a 3DS XL for sure!

Can you also write me down some games to get first?? I don't wanna open a new thread!
As i mentioned before i love JRPG! I also play a lot of action/adventure and hack & slash games... I don't like "pure" platformer (2D and 3D), so no Mario or Donkey Kong for me...

But i love the Mario RPG series and metroidvania type of games!
I'm also a sucker for KOEI Warriors titles... I know, there is not much variety in them, but played after a day of work/study they work really well against stress and tension!

With all of that said, I'm open to any suggestion!

EDIT: I remind you that I live in Italy, so, if you can, don't list NTSC games! Because, as i sadly understood, the 3DS is not region free...

Fire Emblem Awakening, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Luigi's Mansion 2, Kid Icarus Uprising (retail only unfortunately), also get yourself a 32 gig SD card as I recommend you download these all onto an XL. (Besides Uprising because Nintendo lost grip on it.)

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

WebHead

Super Mario 3D Land. That is all.

Btw there's a 3DS recommendation thread.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Gregor

WebHead wrote:

Super Mario 3D Land. That is all.

Btw there's a 3DS recommendation thread.

He said he doesn't like pure platformers. Besides, SM3DL is a terribly half donkeyed game.

Edited on by theblackdragon

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

oninowon

Wait for the Pokemon limited edition 3DS XL.
As for games:
Shin Megami Tensei IV~ So far my favorite Japanese rpg on the 3DS
Etrian Odyssey IV~ Another great Japanese rpg. The game utilizes a do it yourself mapping feature which is critical to the successful completion of the game.
Mario and Luigi Dream Team~ Another great iteration of the series

oninowon

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.