3DS Forum

Topic: Confirmed $249.99 price and a release of March 27th thoughts

Showing 61 to 80 of 85

AuthorMessage

Panthon13

61. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Token+Girl wrote:

I'm guessing we're mainly paying for 3D screen + extra touch screen.

Actually I think the price is mostly derived from the 3D screen and the new processor inside the device. That thing is powerful and efficient for its size so it's definitely not cheap. The 3 cameras may also raise the price a bit too. Touch screens are so common these days that there's no way they're expensive.

The 3D effect in the screen actually didn't cost too much more than a normal DS screen. The new resolution, size of the screen, and the possibility of having a total separate GPU for the touch screen is what mostly affected the new price. And the extra camera added on. The processor is always the most expensive part of the system.

Every sheep needs a shepherd
Every shepherd needs a sheep for his flock.
They are walking to the horizon of their ideas
Trampling the sprouts of freedom and despising pride
But rise above the Earth and you will see
Where this herd is heading...
It's heading to the precipices!

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

62. Posted:

armoredghor wrote:

Thanks for clearing things up guy. btw @SKTTR I don't think we're gonna be getting multiple versions of nintendogs + cats. I think the DS version couldn't fit much on a single card so they split it up. I would say that they would release deluxe version but now they've promised dlc for 3ds in general so we'll probably get a few more options over the e store.

Actually, there ARE going to be 3 versions of Nintendogs+Cats since there was a poster with three versions when Nintendo World 2011 came around (shown in a Famitsu magazine).

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

shinesprite

63. Posted:

I still thing Nintendo would've done better to put in bigger screens and make the lower one multi-touch. The battery, I can live with, since I'm almost always near a power source. Besides, I already have a DSi 3DS car charger! It's not like I'll need to use the 3DS as a flashlight in order to save my life or anything!

Edited on by shinesprite

Recently Completed - The Legend of Zelda:A Link Between Worlds - honestly, I was more surprised by the low difficulty, rather than the ending

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

64. Posted:

shinesprite wrote:

I still thing Nintendo would've done better to put in bigger screens and make the lower one multi-touch. The battery, I can live with, since I'm almost always near a power source. Besides, I already have a DSi 3DS car charger! It's not like I'll need to use the 3DS as a flashlight in order to save my life or anything!

Hehe, ironic, because I thought that link was supposed to take me to the article where a kid saved his mom's life by using the screen light on his DS Lite...

And the battery issue isn't a bother for me. I try to maximize and make better use of the battery with experimenting. I got 10 hours out of my DSi when I played Heartgold. All about finding ways to conserve the battery, and I'm frankly good at it. At least, I would think I am :P

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Mizore

65. Posted:

Yeah, I'll probably leave the brightness at medium...and I'm pretty sure the 3D affects the battery as well...and appaently it'll last even longer with DS games....and seeing how the launch line-up is "meh" to me....(and two DS games I'm looking forward to, lol) Well, I'm still getting it.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

SkywardL

66. Posted:

Reggie commenting about the 3DS price is the same as Wii price during their launch

"I remember it. You remember it."

Edited on by SkywardL

3DS Friendcode: 1590 - 4719 - 1381
Friend Safari: Gabite, Shelgon, and Sliggoo

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

67. Posted:

Not true regarding the console editions of SSFIV being cheaper on 3DS than consoles. They were originally $39.99 also.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

68. Posted:

The Fox wrote:

Not true regarding the console editions of SSFIV being cheaper on 3DS than consoles. They were originally $39.99 also.

Yep, that's true. I got it wrong :3

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

goldboy27

69. Posted:

price feels perfect for me, but i just hope ocarina of time mario kart and starfox are $40

PSN Name
Paperluigi1000

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

70. Posted:

The Fox wrote:

Actually, the 3DS release has been stated to include all the alternate costume DLC, which would set you back another $15-20 on the console versions. So it is a better priced deal overall than any other incarnation of the game.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

71. Posted:

I went to my local Gamestop to put down a preorder today, and the cashier gave me a list of confirmed launch games which were Nintendogs, Steel Diver, Street Fighter, and Pilotwings all at a $39.99 price tag. Rabbids and Splinter Cell have a April 2 release date as well. There was also the confirmed non-launch games which were, as expected, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, and Ocarina. They also listed Dead or Alive and Samurai Warriors at $49.99. This could probably all change, but it seems believable to me.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

Token_Girl

72. Posted:

warioswoods wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Actually, the 3DS release has been stated to include all the alternate costume DLC, which would set you back another $15-20 on the console versions. So it is a better priced deal overall than any other incarnation of the game.

Nice to see the 3DS SO FAR isn't jumping on the pay-to-play DLC model just yet. I mean, seriously? $15-$20 for COSTUMES?! That already easily fit on the disk-cart?! :o Good to see they just included the full game...you know...in the game.

Edited on by Token_Girl

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

73. Posted:

Token Girl wrote:

warioswoods wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Nice to see the 3DS SO FAR isn't jumping on the pay-to-play DLC model just yet. I mean, seriously? $15-$20 for COSTUMES?! That already easily fit on the disk-cart?! :o Good to see they just included the full game...you know...in the game.

SSFIV already cost $40 bucks in stores without the DLC. so this is a good deal for the 3DS but, will there be more DLC?
and, will they be adding any more Fighters? other then Yin&Yan, but I could care less about them, since there Gen Clones.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

74. Posted:

ballkirby1 wrote:

I went to my local Gamestop to put down a preorder today, and the cashier gave me a list of confirmed launch games which were Nintendogs, Steel Diver, Street Fighter, and Pilotwings all at a $39.99 price tag. Rabbids and Splinter Cell have a April 2 release date as well. There was also the confirmed non-launch games which were, as expected, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, and Ocarina. They also listed Dead or Alive and Samurai Warriors at $49.99. This could probably all change, but it seems believable to me.

Pilotwings is a launch title? Score! I'll take that over Street Fighter IV for sure.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Xkhaoz

75. Posted:

Wait, Pilotwings is a launch title? Are you sure?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage

Mizore

76. Posted:

You sure its not the stores guessing? Don't care for Pilotwings, but might think about getting into Nintendogs again. (would love to see how that augmented reality works for this game, lol)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

iphys

77. Posted:

What's weird is how different places have such different lists of games available for pre-order, like no one really knows anything for sure. Futureshop.ca/bestbuy.ca list Kid Icarus for 03/27 and hmv.ca lists it for 03/31, even though no one's been saying it's going to be a launch title. I pre-ordered Kid Icarus from Futureshop in case Nintendo decides to make it a more expensive title, because $40 seems like a steal, but that would be amazing if it really came out in March.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Z_Bone

78. Posted:

Well the price is exactly what I was expecting. I can't wait to try the in store demos of it, but I will wait a while before making a purchase.

Do the Mario!

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

79. Posted:

warioswoods wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

I suppose so in that regard, but that honestly really depends on how much value you put on extra costumes. I never downloaded them on XBL and never felt that I was missing out.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

80. Posted:

The realese dates all seemed very believable and updated. All the games not coming out on launch were listed "by 6/02" which is around E3. Of course, they could be guessing, but it all sounded very accurate to me. The clerk also said that those were the games they knew they were getting and were all highlighted, while games that absolutly weren't coming out on launch were crossed out in a pink highlighter. Like I said, they may not be correct, but it did seem like a very accurate list.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Sorry, this topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.