Forums

Topic: CONFIRMED: Second Control Pad add-on for 3DS + MH3G!

Posts 221 to 240 of 245

LordTendoboy

abgar wrote:

I checked it, and it's actually the 3DSs wrist strap, coming out from a hole in the add-on. Good thinking.

It's not a "needed" thing, it's just an added bonus, so you won't need to use it.

The 3DS has a wrist strap? Does anyone actually use it?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

komicturtle

I'm happy then. Very very happy

I love customization. Them Wii and all them PC games spoiled me.

komicturtle

Joeynator3000

tendoboy1984 wrote:

abgar wrote:

I checked it, and it's actually the 3DSs wrist strap, coming out from a hole in the add-on. Good thinking.

It's not a "needed" thing, it's just an added bonus, so you won't need to use it.

The 3DS has a wrist strap? Does anyone actually use it?

Most likely, cause I haven't heard any injury/damage reports. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

You need to buy one, but the 3DS has space for two wrist straps.

Though this toy leaves one unaccesible let's complain about that!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BenAV

abgar wrote:

How dare it!
I totally need a wrist strap on both wrists!
What if I let go of my 3DS and the wrist strap breaks... I need another wrist strap on the other wrist so my 3DS doesn't crash to the ground.
No way I'm going to get one of these now!

/sarcasm

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Eel

BenAV wrote:

abgar wrote:

How dare it!
What if I let go of my 3DS and the wrist strap breaks... I need another wrist strap on the other wrist so my 3DS doesn't crash to the ground.
I'm so SELLING my 3DS now!

Fixed.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

gamecubefan

I can't imagine any of these games that are close to being released will even utilize this add-on. I hope not. I hope I can get away with never buying it actually. I suspect when a Zelda/Metroid is finally released for the 3ds they will release a brand new 3ds hardware with the second joystick built in and maybe a few other updates

Only a matter of time after this add-on comes out that Nintendo releases a revamped 3DS. I think that is a given. I say go ahead and release the new hardware as soon as it's ready. And for those with the original 3ds (like myself, I bought mine on day one), they could offer another plethora of "ambassador" games if they buy the new 3ds. thank goodness Nintendo started allowing us to transfer games from DS to 3DS. I have bought probably 40 bucks worth of VC/DSware games.

gamecubefan

BenAV

gamecubefan wrote:

I can't imagine any of these games that are close to being released will even utilize this add-on. I hope not. I hope I can get away with never buying it actually. I suspect when a Zelda/Metroid is finally released for the 3ds they will release a brand new 3ds hardware with the second joystick built in and maybe a few other updates

Only a matter of time after this add-on comes out that Nintendo releases a revamped 3DS. I think that is a given. I say go ahead and release the new hardware as soon as it's ready. And for those with the original 3ds (like myself, I bought mine on day one), they could offer another plethora of "ambassador" games if they buy the new 3ds. thank goodness Nintendo started allowing us to transfer games from DS to 3DS. I have bought probably 40 bucks worth of VC/DSware games.

More ambassador games would be great, but I have a feeling that it's pretty unlikely that they're going to give us more for buying the new model... unless it has a huge price drop within six months.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

BenAV

When they bring out a new model, it'll keep those Pikmin pretty busy, carrying all the downloaded games from one system to the next.

BenAV

SpentAllMyTokens

I really don't understand why they felt the need to release the 3DS so quickly. It obviously wasn't finished, and the DS was still selling fine.

I'm guessing instead of a 3DS Lite, we'll be getting a model with a second analog stick next year. Some games will support it, some games won't. I'm happy for lefty's getting a second analog stick, but honestly, the accessory is ugly, and I don't want to buy a new system when games start releasing with only dual analog controls available (though, to be fair, I don't like dual analog controls, so I'll probably skip them). I just wish they'd done this stuff right and released the full system for the holidays with an actual launch lineup and eshop.

Edited on by SpentAllMyTokens

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

komicturtle

I think people should suck it up and stop complaining. Make of what little you got. I can only imagine if something major in their life were to happen and how they would handle it, not having complete control.

Redesign is understandable, but dual analogue is not important to me considering the second screen is there for that. Battery life is what's important to me.

If I was given a choice between:
Better battery life, 10-15 hours max
Second slide pad

I'd pick the first choice.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

LordTendoboy

komicturtle92 wrote:

I think people should suck it up and stop complaining. Make of what little you got. I can only imagine if something major in their life were to happen and how they would handle it, not having complete control.

Redesign is understandable, but dual analogue is not important to me considering the second screen is there for that. Battery life is what's important to me.

Second slide pad

I have a feeling they will do both (better battery and second slide pad).

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

yoyogamer

abgar wrote:

BenAV wrote:

abgar wrote:

How dare it!
I'm so SELLING my 3DS and buying a Vita!

Fixed.

Fixed

Edited on by yoyogamer

This is a signature.

komicturtle

They most likely will now. As said before, the 3DS will have to be wider and maybe slightly thicker. But I hope it retains it's thinness. Also, maybe fix the rim and definitely the D-pad (prefer DSlites or DSi... Dsi I hope).

Then I guess it'll be near perfect...

komicturtle

komicturtle

Suggestion:

For those wanting to use or know what it could feel like using the touch controls (camera particular), go to the Game Note tab and pick an empty/blank page. Try to draw the layout as seen in that screenshot as close as you can, and you can test how it would feel if you were switching from the Virtual Dpad on screen to the face buttons. For me, had no problems doing so, picturing a fight with Jaggi (easiest to think about because of fight pattern, I guess).

You must have an imagination for this to work. Obviously, not 100% accurate, but it's not meant to replicate the possible experience, but rather get a feel of how it could be like

When touching the dpad with your thumb on the bottome screen, switch to eraser so you dont leave marks. You can press X, A, Y as well as R and L buttons and it won't interupt or force you to exit- don't press the B button. Also, you can move the slide pad up and down. Don't move it left or right as it will take you to the previous or next page.

Have fun testing this out. Closest thing you can get, I suppose.

Edit: I forgot to mention, camera senitivity. Dpads can not completely replicate the sensitivty of an analogue pad (as you all should know). I'm guessing (or hoping) Capcom will let us customize the sensitivity. Would have been cool if Nintendo kept the touch screen pressure sensor feature in the past DS systems

But that's all really.. Try it out!

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

skywake

lz20XX wrote:

@skywake: If the Game Boy is portable, then this thing is portable too

I was more saying that because you can remove it and it adds bulk developers would be making a mistake if they assumed that even people who had it carried it with them. I'd assume if they made it compulsory that annoyance would flow through to review scores, gamer frustrations, word of mouth and therefore sales.

So yeah, for a portable gaming system I think you have to assume that people will only carry the console with them.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Birdman

tendoboy1984 wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

Second slide pad

I have a feeling they will do both (better battery and second slide pad).

They better do both. Considering all the internal space it appears to have, a battery extender that at least doubles the 3DS's battery life should easily fit within the thing.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.