Forums

Topic: CONFIRMED: Second Control Pad add-on for 3DS + MH3G!

Posts 121 to 140 of 245

ColtTheNotsoEpicGamR

thelastlemming wrote:

John-John wrote:

As for a redesign of the handheld, it'd piss me off if it comes * before the end of 2013. *

Are you just picking a distant year at random? Even early 2013 would be two years after launch, and there will be tons of great titles before then to keep the current edition 3DS relevant and fun to play on.

agreed, but a lawn of 2013 seems like wishfull thinking on the part of pissed 3ds owners, honestly with the product as far into development as it looks a Q1/Q2 release 2012 seems more likely.

-Colt

Tasuki

The 3DS is just becoming a huge joke. I mean yeah the Virtual Boy was a flop but at least they didnt sell us upgrades to keep it going.

I dont know why Nintendo just doesnt abandon the 3DS now before pissing everyone off. Looks like the one thing Nintendo had an edged on Sony and MS they have lost with the 3DS. There handhelds are a joke now. SHould have quit while you were ahead Nintendo.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

It looks sooo...bulky.:/ Not something I intend to use. I'll be waiting for the built-in version, provided there are actually games that support this thing.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Hokori

gaah random complainers please stop you dont need to get the add on.
seriously complainers are making me madder then ninty is.

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

CanisWolfred

SuperOtaku wrote:

gaah random complainers please stop you dont need to get the add on.
seriously complainers are making me madder then ninty is.

It's not complaining so much as voicing our reasons for not getting it, Tatsuki's random babbling aside.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RoyalBlur

pntjr wrote:

If this means 20 MORE free ambassador games, i am happy.

LOL. That's not happening man.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Curt

Just look at Motion Plus for the Wii: It's supposed to be the next big thing for the console, but it's only actually used for a handful of games. This might head down the same road.

Also, I guess this makes The possibility of using your 3ds as a Wii U controller even higher, since it has the dual analog feature now.

You shouldn't have done that.

Oregano

The revision which will likely be released in late 2012/early 2013 will include these extra inputs for a very simple reason. Either way the revision will change size which means if they want the second analog to be available they'd have to produce a different attachment. It's easier and likely cheaper just to include that in the revision and avoids a lot of hassle with consumers.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Lionsshare

I am getting more and more upset about this thing. If it becomes a standard for the 3ds...I'm out. I will sell it and then Nintendo gets a black mark in my book.

Lionsshare

romulux

John-John wrote:

Edit: I do not want to use my 3DS as a controller for my Wii U.

yeah, but if you want to play multiplayer on the wii u and happen to have a 3ds it'd be better than having to spend some $100+ for another controller, right? nintendo said they were looking into the types of connections possible between the 3ds and the wii u and the possibility of using the 3ds as a controller was one of them. it at least makes some sense for them to release this second slider in that context.

then again, maybe this attachment is just something specifically created for monster hunter that isn't intended to become a part of the 3ds for general use, so it'd be best to wait to hear what nintendo says before getting too worked up.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Hokori

lz20XX wrote:

Gamers managed to play the PSP just fine

Oh, and let's not forget the "brick", the good ol' Game Boy

>: [ NO logic allowed!

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

C-195

This add-on is so pointless! The only games that would ever use it are MHT (that's what it was designed for wasn't it?) and FPS (I'd use the touch screen over Duel Analog any-day). If Nintendo had wanted to include a second pad, they would've included it in their designs or in a prototype for testing, not as an add-on months after release.

C-195

Corbs

Don't bet on it. I hear tell Nintendo is "suggesting" to developers that they make use of this peripheral in their upcoming games. And this person made sure that I understood that "suggesting" was quotations for a reason. LOL

Plain old gamer :)

C-195

Corbs wrote:

Don't bet on it. I hear tell Nintendo is "suggesting" to developers that they make use of this peripheral in their upcoming games. And this person made sure that I understood that "suggesting" was quotations for a reason. LOL

What else did you 'hear tell?

C-195

Corbs

That's it so far. I'll be anxious to see just how many developers make use of this thing. Will it be prevalent or a forgotten peripheral?

Plain old gamer :)

C-195

Corbs wrote:

That's it so far. I'll be anxious to see just how many developers make use of this thing. Will it be prevalent or a forgotten peripheral?

That IS the question!

C-195

Oregano

Corbs wrote:

I wonder if they're referring to Kojipro's colossally stupid idea to put aiming on the face buttons... people are divided over whether touch is superior to dual analogue but I think everyone agrees it's better than frickin face buttons.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

C-195

^Very true

C-195

FelixFelicis77

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/119/1192737p1.html
I think this is the most positive article I have read about this so far, I think there's a couple of good points there, I had never considered the N64 port focus until he pointed it out.

3DS Friend Code - 5370-0392-0243
Gamertag/PSN ID - FelixFelicis77

Oregano

I'm still going with the theory that Nintendo itself still has little desire for a second analog stick(also I've been typing analogue for ages) but that it was done simply because it's something third parties want. I think the idea that Nintendo doesn't know what it's doing is ludicrous. Nintendo knows that this may have a negative effect on the perception of them but they're prioritising gaining third party support and getting Monster Hunter on the 3DS is simply gargantuan. We're talking about the series that single handedly saved the PSP.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.