Forums

Topic: CONFIRMED: Second Control Pad add-on for 3DS + MH3G!

Posts 101 to 120 of 245

FelixFelicis77

To be fair I wouldn't let something as trivial as this get in the way of me buying all the awesome games yet to be released, I'm just not a fan of the way it offsets the screen from the centre.

3DS Friend Code - 5370-0392-0243
Gamertag/PSN ID - FelixFelicis77

Oregano

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I was referring to the Vita having a comfortable grip.

Yeah, I know. I was worried the new attachment would have square edges when we first got word of it.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

bonesy91

This is just gonna cause a lot more problems for Nintendo. They are already having a hard time selling the 3DS and now this (leading to the fact we will probably get a remade version in the near future) but then again, look at the bright side.

Now developers can't use the excuse about not having "dual analogue" to make their games for the 3DS.
Though in all honesty, the 3DS plays fine even without a second Slide pad. Complainer's gonna complain.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

romulux

my thought about this is that it might have something to do with using the 3DS as a controller for wiiU. maybe nintendo figured out a way to connect the 3ds to the system and use it to play games and wanted to add the extra slider and triggers to make it fully compatible.

otherwise, it just doesn't make sense to me. sure, some games might control better with two sliders, but is it really that important that nintendo has to go through all this trouble? the touchscreen and gyro controls can get the job done well enough, even if it's not totally ideal.

on that subject, i think well done gyro controls would not only work as a second stick but they'd probably work better, just the same way the wiimote works better for FPS and other games. problem is that i've yet to see a single game with customization for the motion controls and every game defaults to a low sensitivity that's near 1:1, which makes it really uncomfortable to use. it's hard to turn full sideways while sitting in a chair every time you want to look or aim to your side in the game. i'd much rather see games that simply offer motion customization than a new slider pad.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

LordTendoboy

romulux wrote:

my thought about this is that it might have something to do with using the 3DS as a controller for wiiU. maybe nintendo figured out a way to connect the 3ds to the system and use it to play games and wanted to add the extra slider and triggers to make it fully compatible.

otherwise, it just doesn't make sense to me. sure, some games might control better with two sliders, but is it really that important that nintendo has to go through all this trouble? the touchscreen and gyro controls can get the job done well enough, even if it's not totally ideal.

on that subject, i think well done gyro controls would not only work as a second stick but they'd probably work better, just the same way the wiimote works better for FPS and other games. problem is that i've yet to see a single game with customization for the motion controls and every game defaults to a low sensitivity that's near 1:1, which makes it really uncomfortable to use. it's hard to turn full sideways while sitting in a chair every time you want to look or aim to your side in the game. i'd much rather see games that simply offer motion customization than a new slider pad.

Gyro controls work well in Ocarina of Time 3D.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

John-John

I'm guessing that it won't be implemented that often. Kind of like Wii Speak and the balance board, I never used either of those but enjoyed my Wii. I definitely want to see a thinner design. As for a redesign of the handheld, it'd piss me off if it comes before the end of 2013. Only negative is that it won't fit in my charging cradle or case. :/ So I can't play any games that use that add-on outside of my residence.

In the end, I'm fine with it so long as that isn't the final product. o_O

Edit: I do not want to use my 3DS as a controller for my Wii U.

Edited on by John-John

John-John

BenAV

John-John wrote:

Only negative is that it won't fit in my charging cradle or case.

I've never even used my 3DS's charging cradle.
I just plug it in directly like with any of the previous DS's... it's more convenint that way 'cause then I can easily pick it up and play while it's charging.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

LordTendoboy

John-John wrote:

I'm guessing that it won't be implemented that often. Kind of like Wii Speak and the balance board, I never used either of those but enjoyed my Wii. I definitely want to see a thinner design. As for a redesign of the handheld, it'd piss me off if it comes before the end of 2013. Only negative is that it won't fit in my charging cradle or case. :/ So I can't play any games that use that add-on outside of my residence.

In the end, I'm fine with it so long as that isn't the final product. o_O

Edit: I do not want to use my 3DS as a controller for my Wii U.

The add-on might not even be released outside of Japan. Capcom hasn't said anything about localizing any new Monster Hunter games.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

TKOWL

Oh my god. This needs more months in development, because it looks VERY clunky to use on-the-go. It looks bad on the front, but hopefully it helps enhance gameplay well.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

RoyalBlur

bonesy91 wrote:

Though in all honesty, the 3DS plays fine even without a second Slide pad. Complainer's gonna complain.

Agreed.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

thesmorganator

TokyoRed wrote:

bonesy91 wrote:

Agreed.

currently playing: Nintendogs + catsPilotwings resortPikmin 2

games I have 100% completed

Kirby mouse attack

Link Mah Boi~

Squadalah~~ We're off!

My youtube channel

[CENTER][url=http://www.no...

Dragonfly224

thesmorganator wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

bonesy91 wrote:

Agreed.

Again...Agreed.

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

komicturtle

Grab a ruler, and measure your 3DS-
1cm to left, 2-3cm thick, and 2cm right. I did that, and though it looks weird, it's not all that bulky after all. I just really want to try it out lol

Nintendo should send this to all ambassadors :3

Well, they don't hafta, but that'd be nice of 'em.

komicturtle

Bubbab5

You could not play a game comfortably with this it looks pathetic and definitely not portable its like a miniature game cube in your hands but worse.BTW I loved the GC but not that bulky.Or a Xbox 360 controller with a screen in your pocket but less comfortable.In other words BOOO on this idea if it's true

Edited on by Bubbab5

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

LzWinky

Gamers managed to play the PSP just fine

Oh, and let's not forget the "brick", the good ol' Game Boy

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

OldBoy

Personally makes me feel sorry for the poor lil' 3DS. It reminds me of an effective, but ultimately cheap prosthetic. You know like a wooden leg or how they put wheels on dogs. Awwwwww.
Bloody ugly though!!

What's this bit for again?

moosa

I like how we're all talking about how uncomfortable it is. >_>

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

RoyalBlur

Luigi78 wrote:

Personally makes me feel sorry for the poor lil' 3DS. It reminds me of an effective, but ultimately cheap prosthetic. You know like a wooden leg or how they put wheels on dogs.

I'm quite literally rolling on the floor laughing off of this one. Man, that is the sweetest, most hilarious and creative piece of sly yet truthful thing I've read or seen since finding that Mad Grey's Anatomy skit yesterday.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

pntjr

If this means 20 MORE free ambassador games, i am happy.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

OptometristLime

John-John wrote:

As for a redesign of the handheld, it'd piss me off if it comes before the end of 2013.

Are you just picking a distant year at random? Even early 2013 would be two years after launch, and there will be tons of great titles before then to keep the current edition 3DS relevant and fun to play on.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.