3DS Forum

Topic: Colors! 3D Creations

Showing 441 to 460 of 490

AuthorMessage

Cyb3Rnite

441. Posted:

I can't draw manga, so my style is cartoonish instead.

"I've learned to fear the white lady. She does not gain power. Instead, she destroys yours."

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0880-9460 | Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

442. Posted:

That's the other thing, I've always wanted to try my hand at writing a manga! Stories seem to form well in my head, although I can't really tell them well through words alone. I'm not too good at drawing manga style faces though. Would it be better for me to trace a few existing characters and try to get the hang of it first?

Looking at my gallery, my style seems to be dark cityscapes and Pokemon.

I should try drawing Pokemon inhabiting a dark cityscape :O

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Cyb3Rnite

443. Posted:

I'm actually wanting to do a graphic novel right now. Hopefully Colors'll help.

"I've learned to fear the white lady. She does not gain power. Instead, she destroys yours."

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0880-9460 | Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

AuthorMessage

Gioku

444. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

I should try drawing Pokemon inhabiting a dark cityscape :O

Yes! Do it! :P

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Gioku

445. Posted:

I've updated my WIP! It now features a completed Yoshi. Check it out under #NintendoLife!

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

446. Posted:

Here's my newest painting! It's kinda random but I felt an urge to do it anyway.
Untitled

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

447. Posted:

@MasterWario It reminds me of Earthworm Jim. :P I'll leave my comments on the pic, but it looks great!
@Magikarp You should just find a way to draw people that is easiest and most natural for you. Some people draw realisticly, some (Charles Schultz of Peanuts) draw with big noses and heads. Just experiment until you find what you like the most. :3 If you trace characters, when you go to make your own you could end up with no ideas besides the ones you drew (although it could help, its a judgement call I guess).
My robot is coming so close to being done. D:

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

448. Posted:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

My robot is coming so close to being done. D:

I'm excited! Looking forward to it!

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

DRL

449. Posted:

Every time I check out the artwork in this thread, I'm in awe of what some of you guys can do with such a simple application. Kudos to you. I've made some original art with Colors though nothing as complex as what I find in here. I drew a picture of a game room littered with my favorite things that I use as a header for my Twitter account but that's the only cool thing I've been able to do. I need new techniques!

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

450. Posted:

DRL wrote:

Every time I check out the artwork in this thread, I'm in awe of what some of you guys can do with such a simple application. Kudos to you. I've made some original art with Colors though nothing as complex as what I find in here. I drew a picture of a game room littered with my favorite things that I use as a header for my Twitter account but that's the only cool thing I've been able to do. I need new techniques!

Well first off, on behalf of all those "guys" you are referring to, thank you!

Secondly, I think that in the application's simplicity lies some of it's charm. It's easy to pick up, but has incredible potential to foster great works of art. Plus, it's a great thing (for me at least) that it's on the 3DS. It's a combination of hand drawing and a computer application, and has benefits of both. It has the undo, erase, picture overlay, color picker, and online gallery that a computer application would, but at the same time you can bring Colors!3D to various, different places (like your bed or a hammock), and you can use the stylus to draw like a pen on a piece of paper (and your "paper" is always flat and your "pen" won't run dry). As much as I like Photoshop, I wouldn't dare draw with a mouse.

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

451. Posted:

@MasterWario: I totally agree with everything you said! Colors! 3D is definitely one of, if not the best drawing program I've ever seen. I love working with it!

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

452. Posted:

I used to dabble in computer art, so when I first started out in Colors!, the lack of a straight line button annoyed me to no end. But the philosophy of the developers is interesting, in that they want to create a "pure painting" program rather than one where people just draw perfectly straight lines and ink them. It's certainly challenged me to attempt some more organic shapes rather than relying on straight lines all the time. The paintings do come out looking a little less professional, but I generally have more fun figuring out how I'll get colours to work together rather than just using the gradient fill option to finish an hour faster.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

453. Posted:

@Magikarp Plus you get that realistic shading effect! :D
@MasterWario Well said, I completely agree with all that you said. Also, I posted an earlier WIP of my robot, but its much farther than that at this point. I've been holding back on them, :$ So I really want to finish it up this weekend!

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
Videogame Chatroom

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage

Gioku

454. Posted:

@Prof_Clayton: Your robot is really coming along! I can't wait to see it finished! :)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

455. Posted:

@Gioku Thanks! It'll be done by Sunday hopefully!

Welcome to my signature.
Videogame Chatroom

AuthorMessage

Gioku

456. Posted:

My WIP just got a new update! It now includes Shy Guy and Broque Monsieur! Next comes the daunting task of Pit, Link, and Samus... 0_o

Wish me luck!

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

457. Posted:

My newest drawing in a while!
Untitled
Panty and Stocking!! :D
Ugh, I hate how this came out! It didn't look nearly as sloppy on the 3DS! -_-

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

458. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

My WIP just got a new update! It now includes Shy Guy and Broque Monsieur! Next comes the daunting task of Pit, Link, and Samus... 0_o

Wish me luck!

And I wish you the best of focus!

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

459. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

Gioku wrote:

Wish me luck!

And I wish you the best of focus!

So far, Luigi took about 2 and a half hours to complete; Kirby, Yoshi, Shy Guy and Broque Monsieur combined took only about an hour. I expect this to be my longest amount of time spent on one painting! My previous record was 5:05, but I forget which painting that was for.

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

460. Posted:

Hey guys! I've uploaded a new painting! I'm on my 3DS right now, so posting it here is a bit problematic... I'll post it here when I get a chance to get on my computer. For now, you can find it in #NintendoLife. I'm very proud of the 3D I was able to pull off with it!

(oh, and btw, I'm still working on my Nintendo painting. I just took a break for a bit!)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery