Forums

Topic: Colors! 3D Creations

Posts 341 to 360 of 476

Ketchupcat

Untitled
Here's a bunch of characters I made up! I plan on making a webcomic or something with them someday.
Now, the next thing will be different... a comic about the wonders of regurgitation! Yay!

Edited on by Ketchupcat

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

SheldonRandoms

@Ketchupcat Good drawings, also that bread with the big tongue FTW!
Untitled

Well, he's the cast of Sheldon and Mr.Randoms, this was before that Business Guy entered the series, so that's why he's not here, shame, since he's a Business Guy and here they are at a business meeting or something, also, I was there somewhere.

Untitled
"And when I talk, my mouth doesn't move!"

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Ketchupcat

So you're probably wondering, "AAAAAH! WHAT ARE THOSE ABOMINATIONS?!?!?" Well I'll tell you.
Orange blob- Gub, the genetically altered prokaryote and protagonist. He can also shapeshift and spit ribosomes.
Robot thing- Fletchen, Gub's friend/ adoptive father for some reason, like SCIENCE
Light blue thing in a box- Gub Jr, a box jellyfish who is Gub's adoptive son for some reason
Big blue thing- Paul, a sandwich-obsessed walrus who is also Santa
Human in the background- Me because I was running out of characters and still had space. (Note I'm not actually a character)
Bread with a tongue- The tyrannical Bread King, Gub's nemesis. He commands his army of Breadlings for his own nefarious/ridiculous purposes. But he's also pretty stupid.
Purple thing with a slice of bread- A Breadling, one of BK's minions. They actually created the 3 main characters in the BK's secret lab, but they escaped because the Breadlings are also pretty stupid. Shown here is a grape jelly Breadling (they consist of a blob of some random condiment with a bread face)
Italian/French bread loaf with feminine legs- BK's cousin who is yet to be named. Gub likes her because they have so much in common (they both think BK sucks)
Giant frog- Johnny, yet another Breadling creation, and a prime example of a scientific abomination. He was created just because BK wanted to see if they could make an animal that is also a house. They succeeded, and then threw him out, where he was discovered by the protagonists, who he now houses.
Ghostly banana- Eugene, the product of gub unknowingly taking a bite out of a sentient banana. Understandably, he now wants to kill Gub. His sidekick is a dead radish.
Floating fish thing- Cod, the god of this weird, messed up world. He resides in Seaven with his legions of angelfish. He is in a constant struggle with the Deviled Egg (right of Fletchen), who resides in Shell with his Shellhounds.
Top- Myern. I don't really know what it is. It floats around, I guess.
Bottom right- THE CUBE- the absolutely ultimate evil. Never seen moving or anything, but he's evil, all right. Be careful around cubes.
And that's it. Wow I wrote a lot.

Magikarp3

Here's my latest thing.

Untitled

Still waiting for the update though, it seems Nintendo rejected the first submission. The devs say that if all goes to plan, it'll be out in 2-4 weeks

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

SheldonRandoms

@Ketchupcat I like your avatar

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Ketchupcat

@SheldonRandoms You should make it yours too. Then people won't be able to tell us apart. It'll be funny. We could, like go in the comment on the avatar above you thing and people would get confused. Let's do it!

SheldonRandoms

@Ketchupcat I changed it, how does it look?

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms

@Ketchupcat People's heads will now be messed.

Ketchupcat

Excellent. All is going according to plan. Now we must go to the Comment on the Avatar of the Person Above you thread, , where they will be messed the most. You go first.

SheldonRandoms

Way ahead of you Fred Rechid.

Drawdler

I just finished this half-coloured sketch of my character, Tiamat. Her design is actually based on a design of an old character based on a design of an old character. I don't know if I'll finish this- I want to, though.
Untitled

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

KarrotMan

Decided to resurrect one of my earliest OC's from the 90's. Back then he was a simple red Bot with a 5 on his chest plate. Looking at this again, I really need to work on my Background design.
Untitled

@Waann Those certainly are impressive. Seeing that you also use Art Academy, what can it offer besides tutorials? I am considering getting it once the free game promo starts.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Waann

@Nibelilt I like her design!
@Onitako Cute bot, and I like his pose.

Hmm, Art Academy. It emulates natural media really well, which makes it more intuitive and more comfortable to use for small sessions/sketching (an Art Academy painting doesn't need as much refining to look good). You can also blend colours in a rather realistic way (not like... in Photoshop or Gimp, more like in Painter).

Other than that, the Spotpass features are pretty cool. Custom lessons are the big highlight IMO (of course, you can also make lessons in Colors! 3D using the playback, but it's not as easy to use for the "students"). There are three ways to share your paintings: as Free Paint saves (that way, the one who receives it can modify it), as portfolio pictures (can be hung in the receiver's gallery) or as camera pictures. The paintings are sent at full resolution, so it's much better than using Swapnote in that regard (I just hate what Swapnote does to pictures ).

As for what it doesn't do as well: no 3D, smaller paintings (640x480 instead of 1600x960 for Colors), no layers, no worldwide gallery. It doesn't work as well as Colors! for cartoony drawings in my opinion.

Here are a few NAA galleries if you'd like to see what you can do with it. NOE - Pixiv - rie36 - Facebook group

A new painting of Fabulous Ghirahim.
Untitled
(Playback and 3D version here)

Edited on by Waann

Please correct me if I write something weird: English is not my native language. ;)
Colors!3D Username: Waann

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-5346 | Nintendo Network ID: FormuleWaann

KU-Ri-Boh

Untitled
The Eeveelutions of my customized Eevee character (the one i posted earlier, or check my gallery for her!)
Untitled
Originally did this for some project to get me into some art school. My first time attempting this kinda work
Untitled
Another Miiko request by the same friend. Added Meowth becoz why not
Untitled
Digimon. My fav character along with her entire Digimon evo line

More!

Edited on by KU-Ri-Boh

Fiv3Score

Wow those are great! Were the watermelons also done in Colors?

I'm trying to decide whether I should go and get a $20 nintendo eshop card to buy this app ($7) or save for Art Academy which would be $10 more. I have quite a bit of experience with drawing and painting, though I'm a little out of touch. I've got a feeling I could use some refresher art lessons before diving straight in. It will be my first time trying digital artwork too.

If I mainly plan on painting portraits and the like, do you think it's better if I save up for Art Academy first? then experiment with Colors after?

Edited on by Fiv3Score

Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639
My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=104579
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (pre-ordered)

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639

KU-Ri-Boh

@Fiv3Score yea i did the watermelons in colours. It doesn't look perfect, because honestly i've never painted such a thing in my life before. Nobody taught me, no experience or anything, i just straight "did it"
I'd suggest just getting Colors!3D. Personally i think it's more versatile and fun. Granted, i've never purchased or seen how Art Academy works, but i heard it's more specialized for drawing colour painting or realistic painting like the watermelons (which i could already do spontaneously with what were offered by the cheaper app anyway..)

Fiv3Score

Hmmm, thanks for the advice. I might pick both up when I have the chance. Right now I'm a little busy with studies, but I should have plenty of time for painting in the summer! can't wait to try this out

Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639
My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=104579
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (pre-ordered)

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6472-7639

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.