3DS Forum

Topic: Colors! 3D Creations

Showing 121 to 140 of 493

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

121. Posted:

@xBASSxMONSTAx
Do you have Colors 3D downloaded to your 3DS? If you do, just tap the "Gallery" button on the main menu. If not, I don't know if you will be able to view other peoples' works on your 3DS, as the 3DS web browser isn't very good with image intensive sites.

This is a new painting I've been working on for the last few days. It really brings back some fond memories of my childhood. It is the Dragonzord from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers!

Untitled

I'm not 100% happy with this one; I'm kind of thinking about taking the smoke layer out. Without it, it looks a bit more cartoon-ish, yet the details are a bit clearer.

EDIT: I decided to go ahead and make a second version without the smoke. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Untitled

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

122. Posted:

@Ecto-1 I think it looks good with the smoke, or rather the background needs something. Maybe smoke, centered in the up-right hand corner in the sky? Well, it looks great! :D

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward A forum where things happen.
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17

AuthorMessage

RR529

123. Posted:

Just uploaded Buzzy Beetle 3D Revised to the Colors! gallery.

Also, I haven't had a problem getting to the gallery through the app or the website with my 3DS.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

124. Posted:

Thanks for the feedback @Prof_Clayton. I'm still not completely happy with it, so I may go and try tiering the smoke across different layers and see if I like that better. I also toying with the idea of adding a few more buildings to the background to try to make it a more realistic cityscape. I also thought that corner looked a bit empty, but I haven't been able to think of anything to put there.

Just for comparison, this is the image I used as a reference for the paintings.
Untitled

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Mizore

125. Posted:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

How do you view people's drawings on the 3DS? I tried going on the colour website on my 3ds but the pics wont load??

Pretty sure you need to view them on Colors 3D itself. :p

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

126. Posted:

Well since there are some Digimon fans here, here's one I drew of Gabumon. There are loads of other Digimon I prefer though.

Untitled

I drew others on Swapnote but of course I can't actually show them here unless we're added as friends. I also drew some on Art Academy but since this is a Colours 3D thread, I can't post them here.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

RR529

127. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

How do you view people's drawings on the 3DS? I tried going on the colour website on my 3ds but the pics wont load??

[/div]

Actually you can get to their gallery through any web enabled device, by going to www.colorslive.com.

There, any painting, whether it was done on 3DS, DS, or iOS can be viewed (unlike the app's connection, you can actually search for artists as well). It's not ideal to go there with the 3DS's browser (as it has trouble rendering too many images online), but it's a great way to see other's work if you don't want to shell out the money for the app.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Mizore

128. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Eureka wrote:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Actually you can get to their gallery through any web enabled device, by going to www.colorslive.com.

There, any painting, whether it was done on 3DS, DS, or iOS can be viewed (unlike the app's connection, you can actually search for artists as well). It's not ideal to go there with the 3DS's browser (as it has trouble rendering too many images online), but it's a great way to see other's work if you don't want to shell out the money for the app.

I thought he meant to view them in 3D and all that, lol. I already know about the site. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

RR529

129. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Eureka wrote:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I thought he meant to view them in 3D and all that, lol. I already know about the site. xD

Sorry about that then.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

130. Posted:

@Ecto-1 Whoa! Both of those are really awesome! I prefer the one without the smoke, because you can view the details on the zord better. It just looks nicer IMO. Maybe if the smoke weren't as thick, because it is a nice effect.

@Donjwolf That's awesome! I love the likeliness to the original. It's real cool.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Knuckles

131. Posted:

@Ecto-1 Dragonzord Power!

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
My SEGAloggery
Check out 8 Bit Forward!
eShop Gurus
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux27

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

132. Posted:

Thanks @Retro_on_theGo and @Knuckles! That is the reason I prefer the smoke-less one myself @Retro; the smoky one hides too much, but I am working on figuring out a way to make smoke solid enough to distinguish from the silvers on the zord, yet transparent enough not to hide the details. It is a work in progress and patience.

Anyway, I was in a rather Mushroom Kingdomy mood today and these two were the end results.

Untitled

Untitled

And I'm off to go doodle some more (it is too addictive)!

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

133. Posted:

I finally finished my Dragonzord painting. Thanks to Prof_Clayton for the idea of adding something to the upper right corner; it took me a while to figure out what to put there, but I finally settled on the green ranger's power coin. I experimented with smoke for what felt like ages, trying to get an effect that stood out from the zord itself without being so thick that it hid the zord's details. Hope you guys like the final product!

Untitled

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

134. Posted:

@Ecto-1 Wow! :O Looks fantastic, congrats! :)

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward A forum where things happen.
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17

AuthorMessage

Knuckles

135. Posted:

@Ecto-1 I just saved it, and I love it! Liking Now!

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
My SEGAloggery
Check out 8 Bit Forward!
eShop Gurus
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux27

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

136. Posted:

@Ecto-1 That is perfect! Phenominal job! Going to like it so I can see it n the 3DS!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

137. Posted:

Wow, thanks guys! One day, and my Dragonzord is tied for most likes in my gallery with my lake sunset painting! It may be a few days before I post anything else, as I have a monster of a painting I am working on right now, but I just wanted to thank you guys for your kindness and complements! :)

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RupeeClock

138. Posted:

After getting my butt handed to me by team Star Wolf in Starfox 64, I retreated into Colors 3D and got back into this project I've been putting off.

It's still a work in progress though but it's getting there.
Untitled

RupeeClock

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

139. Posted:

Phew! Now that Nintendolife is back and the world is at peace again here's a new drawing I made after days without even sketching.
Untitled
I've always wanted a Hitmontop, but never got one until yesterday! Only took 10 years. :D So I drew this. Put in a 3D effect.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Red_Acteur_2

140. Posted:

Here is a drawing I did not do personnally, but lent my console to a friend who actually knows how to draw so that he could draw the main character of the project I work on (which is a sort of text adventure, where my readers determine the outcome of what's going on each and every week and I bow to their will. Unfortunately, it's in French). I only gave him two hints as to what I wanted and let him work his magic, and just 10 minutes later... man am I satisfied. Meet Blair, in his first incarnation !

Untitled

It also was the first time he drew on a console too, so that's why it's a bit rough, I can't wait when he gets home and draws the final version ^^

I am the French mailman !