Forums

Topic: Code Name: STEAM

Posts 241 to 260 of 362

DefHalan

Donalp15 wrote:

I think I heard IGN and Gamexplain say the review drops on Wednesday.

Hopefully someone will pick it up and deliver it...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Spoony_Tech

Even from the demo you can tell it's far from a 4 out of 10 game. I know I'll enjoy it to the tune of 8 or more but I can't see why anyone would give it lower then a 6

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Might get this at some point, dunno when...since the New 3DS and MH4U pretty much destroyed my bank account. It finally healed, but I can't get any games right now. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Smash_kirby

I think Maxie doesn't like anything powered by water at Gamespot. A 4/10 when everyone is giving twice that is very strange.

Smash_kirby

ricklongo

Gamespot is pathetic. They gave a 6 to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. I honestly get more interested in a game when I see that the Gamespot grade is way below the respective metascore.

(And this is coming from someone who isn't really interested in Code Name STEAM.)

Edited on by ricklongo

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Smash_kirby wrote:

I think Maxie doesn't like anything powered by water at Gamespot. A 4/10 when everyone is giving twice that is very strange.

Of course he doesn't! That's why he wants to world to experience a huge (game) drought!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

Gamespot is a bad joke, with some of the worst professional reviews I've ever read.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

ThePirateCaptain

Ralizah wrote:

Gamespot is a bad joke, with some of the worst professional reviews I've ever read.

I lost all respect for them years ago, but there are so many examples of bad reviews even now. I'm not so much offended at the scores they give because frankly I don't care even when I disagree, but the reasoning behind many of the scores is downright flawed. Saying Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze has dull and unimaginative level design is just false, but I digress.

The reviews for this game have confirmed by suspicions that it's a very niche title. I think most people will be able to tell whether or not they'll like the game from playing the demo. Personally I'm excited for it, but it definitely won't appeal to everyone.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

SparkOfSpirit

Gamexplain's review reconfirmed my decision to purchase it. If the worst aspect is waiting between turns (which doesn't bother me), then I'm sure to enjoy it.

Gamespot was first discredited with the Kane & Lynch debacle and several questionable reviews since. Even if they gave it a good review I wouldn't put any stock in them.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Captain_Toad

Apparently turns CAN be sped up in this game, though it's a bit inconclusive as of now on how much this makes a difference.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

TeeJay

Yeah the enemy turns are one of the biggest turnoffs for me, aside from the fantasy-historical setting and random characters. 3 seconds of time saved isn't enough to convince me to pick this up.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

martinskrtel37

gamespot and IGN have been crap for like ten years guys. the best reviewers have always been right here on message boards

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

iKhan

People still pay attention to Gamespot? How does a site with such poorly written reviews stay viable for so long. Look, I respect all opinions, but if you can't coherently convey the core reason you though a game was good or bad outside of a randomly assorted pro/con list, you don't deserve the credance Gamespot gets.

IGN is far better at that. The review scores may not match the words of the text, but by reading the texts, I can get a very good idea of whether the reviewer thought the game was good or bad, and what made it so.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Sparx

anybody know if predownload is possible on 3ds? I want to be able to play without the horrible wait smash 3ds made me go through as it downloaded

My avatar is from here

Action51

I have a question, not sure if it was covered in the previous 14 pages on this topic, but I'll ask anyway...

So does this game let you level up your characters in any way? I heard there really is no leveling up, and the only real advancement is adding more steam to your tank and getting new weapons.

I can live without a traditional level-up system, but is there anything that changes your squads innate ability between the first and final missions?

Action51

Spoony_Tech

Sparx wrote:

anybody know if predownload is possible on 3ds? I want to be able to play without the horrible wait smash 3ds made me go through as it downloaded

I wouldn't worry about it. You'd be hard pressed to have a 10th of the people that were dl'ing Smash to dl this. Smash is probably life time sales well over 5 million. If Code Name Steam reaches 500k I'd jump for joy.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jump

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Sparx wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it. You'd be hard pressed to have a 10th of the people that were dl'ing Smash to dl this. Smash is probably life time sales well over 5 million. If Code Name Steam reaches 500k I'd jump for joy.

I think the problem is more having to wait to download it, Smash has a huge file size which why it took so long rather than so many people were downloading.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.