Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

That game doesn't look interesting at all. The setting doesn't sound interesting at all. The game, as whole, doesn't sound interesting at all. I am hoping this feeling changes by the time the game comes out, but, as it stands, it doesn't seem like something I'll enjoy over Fire Emblem: Awakening and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

Noboty

3DS Friend Code: 2793-1469-2823

Dreamsleep

If you aren't interested in anything it has to offer, why would that change?

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

CerealKiller528

This game doesn't look too great. It reminds me of Heroes of Ruin, which was overhyped, but didn't do too well if I recall. Most people probably don't remember what game I'm talking about.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

CanisWolfred

CerealKiller528 wrote:

This game doesn't look too great. It reminds me of Heroes of Ruin, which was overhyped, but didn't do too well if I recall. Most people probably don't remember what game I'm talking about.

...how...how in any way does this remind you of heroes of Ruin?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Nobody_Ever wrote:

That game doesn't look interesting at all. The setting doesn't sound interesting at all. The game, as whole, doesn't sound interesting at all. I am hoping this feeling changes by the time the game comes out, but, as it stands, it doesn't seem like something I'll enjoy over Fire Emblem: Awakening and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CerealKiller528

CanisWolfred wrote:

CerealKiller528 wrote:

...how...how in any way does this remind you of heroes of Ruin?

It gave me that sort of vibe. They look similar (I don't know about the gameplay though).

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

Spoony_Tech

Heroes of Ruin has nothing to do with this. Not even remotely similar in graphic or style of play. Heroes had its moments but felt to held back and limited. It had some good concepts but felt flat in a lot of areas. It tried to be a poor man's Diablo and couldn't even do that well. It was fun for about 5 hours but the longevity felt way short of an mmo.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I will say even in motion, the art style doesn't do a lot for me. I get why if other people like it but it's not really my thing.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

OCTAGON

Man, what am I thinking of that kind of art style from Code Name: S.T.E.A.M which is similar to this?

Untitled

And also I do think they would make DLC for this game. Since it's a new IP, Intelligent Systems can put more content inside of the game. I'll be getting this for sure.

Edited on by OCTAGON

An octagon has 8 fantastic sides and 8 awesome angles.
Backlog
Smash 4 Batlle Card
R.I.P. Satoru Iwata....

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother | Twitter:

Romeo

after watching it on the stream + a few more gameplay videos..

it definitely looks better than before, but i still can't say im excited for it
i LOVE strategy games... RTS is my favorite genre, but i like turn-based strategy games etc. as well, but to me this is no strategy game.. it's a weird mix of everything and doesn't strike me as a title i have to play

was hoping for a MM 3D remake or a new Metroid game, but oh well.. what can you do :/

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

LazyShell

The game reminds me a little bit of Valkyria Chronicles, I just hope IS adds some more polish and refinement to the game. I will say the final presentation didn't do a very good job at advertising the game much. It does have potential though. I'd be willing to check it out.

LazyShell

Henmii

I am not entirely sure if its my thing, but I might try it. At least its something new, I give Nintendo credit for that.

Henmii

Jeremyx7

The game looks fantastic and not just because of the unique art style but because I know quality strategy gameplay footage when I see it. And this new IP from Nintendo/Intelligent Systems is pure strategy in a new form.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

May_Nyan

I much prefer anime art style...
American comic art isn't appealing

May_Nyan

BenAV

Spoony_Tech wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Based on the way people have reacted and how Nintendo has responded, I imagine this will probably be the only Nintendo machine that plays in stereoscopic 3D.

No way. I am 100% sure that the 3D is here to stay. They released a 2DS as a lower cost option etc but they understand that 3D adds a lot visually and for gameplay. It is brilliant, and it makes it stand out when every mobile goes for better screen, 3D just has that extra beauty. They're big on backward compatibility too and I'm sure they'll keep the option. Not a slider but an on/off 3D button.

It's possible a future Nintendo console could support 3D TV compatibility, though.

That would be the Wii U, I believe. For some reason with ACIII.

I've heard only the gamepad displays 3d in ACIII. It's there as an option but no one uses it.

You can play it in 3D if you have a 3D TV.
I was having a look through the options and found it there so tried it out for the sake of it... It looked pretty terrible and made the game a bit harder to play, but it's definitely there.

It looked terrible even with the glasses?

Yep, everything looked really unclear from what I remember.
I tried it once when I first started playing the game and then again about a year later in online multiplayer, which didn't end too well.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Csaw

Funny enough this ended up being my favorite game shown at e3. I love the gameplay, the story sounds wacky enough to work and its being made by one of Nintendo's greatest dev studios. I'm not crazy about the art style but with how popular comic book movies have been it makes sense that they would adopt this look, and the visuals aren't going to detract from the gameplay in the slightest.

Also who in their right mind expected Nintendo to spend a 90 minute conference talking about a Majora's Mask remake. That's ridiculous. Even expecting Metroid was far fetched since why would a Metroid game require that much time (we already know how Metroid plays).

Csaw

CanisWolfred

I'll admit, the art looks less "Comicbook Style" and more "Anime-People-Were-Given-A-Stack-of-Comic-books-and-told-to-copy-that-style" Style. I still kinda like it, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuSolarFlare

cookiex wrote:

E3 roundtable.

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

come on people!!!! I can't be the only one that fell in love with this game!!!!!!!!!!!
also lol at S.T.E.A.M. = Strike Team Eliminating Alien Menace!!!!! XD

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Spoony_Tech

I'm excited if only for the dev making the game. Looks deep and strategic to me. Should be lots of fun. Glad they're trying something different for a change.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.