3DS Forum

Topic: Chibi Robo! Photo Finder

Showing 81 to 100 of 102

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

81. Posted:

Oh interesting! They're apparently holding a "NostalJunk Contest", I'm interested to see what that might be! :D

OK so I just read the rules:

The subject of this challenge is silhouette film No. 1, the Button.

To participate in this Challenge, simply select a NostalJunk artifact that you have created from your exhibition space in Chibi-Robo!: Photo Finder, and then follow the instructions presented in the game to submit it.

Nintendo will evaluate each submission and select 10 nominees to be in the running for Top NostalJunk. Then, we'll ask you to vote for your favorite — the submission that receives the most votes will earn the title of Top NostalJunk, and its creator will receive a special outfit in two colors for Chibi-Robo to wear. The creator of each nominee will also receive the special outfit in one color for Chibi-Robo to wear.

Sounds like fun! Anyone else gonna participate?

...it also says to not include copyrighted materials, but Nintendo products and goods are OK. :)

...I think I'll draw a picture of something, and make a button of it.
...probably Rosalina... :3

Edited on by Gioku

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Toad

82. Posted:

I love the demo and the game has a nice price on it. I hate the game's camera lighting though when I'm trying to take a picture of a outlet. anddd I'm not the only one.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

83. Posted:

The great irony here is that I managed to get 100% on the electric outlet... :P

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Prof_Clayton

84. Posted:

I placed a white baseball on a black textbook, directly under a bright lamp with every light turned on. Lined it up perfectly, and finally snapped the button.
It came out wonderfully!
...
60%.
...
I am a failure. :'(

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

85. Posted:

I don't even know how I managed 100% on the electric outlet! :O
I was so surprised!

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

McFox

86. Posted:

Curse you Chibi!

I like tears.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-7078-8765 | Nintendo Network ID: TheHammerBros

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mystman12

87. Posted:

I played it for a couple of hours today and I really enjoyed it. The graphics are good, but honestly I think I'd rather have not quite as good graphics with a better frame rate, and yeah, like Gioku is saying, I can see how some people wouldn't like it.

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Karakato

88. Posted:

Wonder_Mask wrote:

I'm rather annoyed with this software, it's ludicrously picky about it's lighting. Either that, or my camera sucks, which is unlikely as it was checked out a few months back.
I'll try again in the morning, but if it doesn't work then, I'm gonna be frustrated, as I payed ten bucks for software that can't pick up a clementine on a dark green backdrop. -_-

Try taking a picture out of Google Images then. I know it's cheating but that's how I managed to 100% my Nostaljunk. Seriously, it would have been better if the 3DS was built with a better quality camera, but nope. It didn't work for Looksley's Line up so why would Nintendo want to make more AR-Cam specific games? In truth, I'm not having that much of a problem with the cam and the concept for the mechanic is quirky but I can see the frustrations of some of the players.

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

89. Posted:

I didn't realize you were limited to how many pictures you can taje, so I ended up with 67% instead of 85% on the can. Oh well...

I think it's a good game. I haven't had any problems with the camera, but I'm in a well lit area.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

90. Posted:

So here's something fun I did:
I didn't have any soft drink cups around, so I made my own:
Untitled
(my sister wanted me to draw Kirby on it, so I did, lol.)

But here's what the drawing actually looks like:
Untitled
Pretty neat, huh? :D

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hale-Bopp

91. Posted:

CazTheGamerGuy wrote:

Gioku wrote:

@cazthegamerguy: Well I guess this game probably isn't for you, then!
...as I said earlier, as I was paying through this I could see how some people might find it tedious, and I guess I was right!
...I've had nothing but fun since I started, but... I can easily see how it might not appeal as much to some people.

This isn't a matter of this game not being to my liking, it's a matter of questionable mechanics. There are several games which I know fully well are not for me, but I can give credit and recognize their positive aspects. For example, i'm not very fond of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, but I acknowledge it's a solid music game with a magnificent score from all thirteen (technically 14 since XV has a downloadable song and XIV has none). Photo Finder on the other hand has poor design choice after poor design choice after poor design choice (Ex: Let's tell you what you have when the screen shows it) with the only positive being the music, most of which was featured in the first game and in higher quality. The minigames are terrible, the exploration is weak, the graphics for the environments and many of characters is jarringly low, the story is beyond forgettable and the focus on taking photos on a handheld with such terrible cameras is mind boggling. If people like the game, all the power to them. But there's a difference between liking a game and a good game that someone dislikes.

Kyloctopus wrote:

In the demo I scanned my DJ KK Animal Crossing New Leaf pin, I got from a Best Buy event. When they scanned it as a pin, and said "Fans of certain musicians would puchase this object" I was shocked. Did they somehow know of this pin? However it was just a really cool coincidence.

Actually, mine says that as well, and I just used a photo on the internet of a button since the camera barely registers, even in a very well-lit room.

Ah, some refreshing honesty!

You pretty much addressed the concerns I had with the overall quality of the game, especially in terms of mechanics. I was tempted to buy it because of how charming it is, but that's not enough for me to make a purchase. I want solid gameplay elements and decent mini-games, but it sounds like this game just doesn't deliver. The fact that there aren't any reviews for this game is very telling. I don't think Nintendo wanted anyone reviewing it before it was released. That was kind of a giveaway, but I still waited for impressions, because I had some small hope for it being worthwhile. Ah well.

NNID: Hale-XF11

Twitter: HaleaciousB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

92. Posted:

This has to be on sale for like $3 for me to consider it.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CazTheGamerGuy

93. Posted:

Hale-Bopp wrote:

CazTheGamerGuy wrote:

Gioku wrote:

@cazthegamerguy: Well I guess this game probably isn't for you, then!
...as I said earlier, as I was paying through this I could see how some people might find it tedious, and I guess I was right!
...I've had nothing but fun since I started, but... I can easily see how it might not appeal as much to some people.

This isn't a matter of this game not being to my liking, it's a matter of questionable mechanics. There are several games which I know fully well are not for me, but I can give credit and recognize their positive aspects. For example, i'm not very fond of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, but I acknowledge it's a solid music game with a magnificent score from all thirteen (technically 14 since XV has a downloadable song and XIV has none). Photo Finder on the other hand has poor design choice after poor design choice after poor design choice (Ex: Let's tell you what you have when the screen shows it) with the only positive being the music, most of which was featured in the first game and in higher quality. The minigames are terrible, the exploration is weak, the graphics for the environments and many of characters is jarringly low, the story is beyond forgettable and the focus on taking photos on a handheld with such terrible cameras is mind boggling. If people like the game, all the power to them. But there's a difference between liking a game and a good game that someone dislikes.

Kyloctopus wrote:

In the demo I scanned my DJ KK Animal Crossing New Leaf pin, I got from a Best Buy event. When they scanned it as a pin, and said "Fans of certain musicians would puchase this object" I was shocked. Did they somehow know of this pin? However it was just a really cool coincidence.

Actually, mine says that as well, and I just used a photo on the internet of a button since the camera barely registers, even in a very well-lit room.

Ah, some refreshing honesty!

You pretty much addressed the concerns I had with the overall quality of the game, especially in terms of mechanics. I was tempted to buy it because of how charming it is, but that's not enough for me to make a purchase. I want solid gameplay elements and decent mini-games, but it sounds like this game just doesn't deliver. The fact that there aren't any reviews for this game is very telling. I don't think Nintendo wanted anyone reviewing it before it was released. That was kind of a giveaway, but I still waited for impressions, because I had some small hope for it being worthwhile. Ah well.

Well there is one review but it's from, if you'll pardon my language, a suck-up who defended the censorship Nintendo put Photo Finder through. I'll be delivering my verdict as soon as I can because this silence is deafening for such an awful title. The gaming community must know of this atrocious mess and the waste of $10 that it is.

Check Out My YouTube Channel!|Facebook|Twitter
Until next time, game on my friends!

Twitter: cazthegamerguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

94. Posted:

I mean, I just can't see it nearly that bad because the game feels so polished — it just seems like so much effort has been put into everything; all the animation is so fluid and the graphics are gorgeous... the frame rate is not the best I've ever seen, but it doesn't ever detract from anything for me...
Everything is so cute, too! ...and I am a big fan of cute things. :3
And I love that I can draw things to fit the silhouettes if I want! :D
...and I just upgraded my batteries, and that makes everything so much better, my gosh. Being able to do things for twice as long is a big help...!
And I love all the characters I've met so far; Geotron X being a standout. :)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

95. Posted:

@Gioku
So you basically just made something 2D, 3D.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Of_Folsense

96. Posted:

@CazTheGamerGuy
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a "poor design choice". The only thing about this game that really bothers me it that the cell phone guy is always interrupting, which is pretty much the only thing you mentioned that I could take seriously. "The minigames are terrible" I found most of them to be quite fun.
I don't know if you've played a chibi robo game before, I'm guessing you haven't. Both the previous ones (especially park patrol) keep revealing things as the game progresses. You really don't know what all there is to do in the game until you're hours in. This is a problem because many will play an hour and label it boring. This one seems to be very slow about it, but I can already see that it keeps getting better. The story also gets better. I'm well into the game and I am loving it. And if you really have played the game quite a bit and still don't like it, then like Gioku said, it just isn't for you! your opinions are not facts!

Of_Folsense

Nintendo Network ID: Matt_Of_Folsense

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CazTheGamerGuy

97. Posted:

@Of_Folsense

The "it's not for you" argument holds no water for me as it's nothing more than a weak excuse to brush away criticism, especially considering the last game I reviewed was incredibly similar, a robot doing tasks for people and earning joy from them, one which I thoroughly enjoyed in spite of its faults. It was not a dreary slog from start to finish, had clever writing, likable characters and didn't have such terrible background textures.

I played for just under 15 hours and found no joy in any of them. This isn't a case of "I played an hour and didn't like it" as you presume of me, I beat the game. I've seen the credits. I've played all fourteen of the minigames and only found one to be tolerable, that being garden hand. I've dealt with taking over 40 pictures with the 3DS' anemic camera and explored all five of the available environments.

I know what I have played and what is wrong with its design (the central focus being on a gimmick that was outdone by the freeware "Face Raiders" and Konami's mediocre-fest "Foto Showdown" instead of the minigames or environments) and what little is right with it (the soundtrack is quite well-done but many of the tracks are just recycled from the original and in lower quality, so why not listen to those ones?). So please don't present your counter-argument as any more definitive than my own opinion.

Let me end this by saying this: There is a serious problem when this intro to the new Kirby game gave me more joy than any part of this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abXETBZN3Bo

It started off bad, but managed to keep digging itself lower and lower.

Edited on by CazTheGamerGuy

Check Out My YouTube Channel!|Facebook|Twitter
Until next time, game on my friends!

Twitter: cazthegamerguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mystman12

98. Posted:

Like everyone is saying that's just your opinion, these are all opinions! Except for one thing, you keep saying the game has "terrible background textures". No, those aren't background textures, those are 3D objects simply being blurred so that you don't notice them being scaled down as you get farther away, at least I'm pretty sure that's what they are. Go into the Curator's office, turn the camera around, and walk across the desk, Everything in the background will move around depending on where you're standing. I think those blur effects are done very well, but that's just an opinion. Everything you say about this game is an opinion, except the graphics, not including the blur effect. (I can see how some people would rather not have the blurring) This games graphics are phenomenal, with a ton of details and near photo realistic textures. (In fact, I would say some are photo realistic) So, to sum up my point, this isn't a bad game, in fact, there really aren't any bad games, except for extremely buggy games. It's up to the player to decide whether or not he/she likes it. I like, so I think it's a good game. If you don't like it, then you think it's a bad game, but please stop telling us that this is a bad game, because, once again, it's up to the player to decide.

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Of_Folsense

99. Posted:

@CazTheGamerGuy
Mainly what I am trying to say is that the game is enjoyable. Perhaps I just didn't choose the best way to say that. It seemed that you were saying that nobody could enjoy this game and you stated why, and I was saying that this game is enjoyable, and why I think that. Some of your arguments were valid. I just don't find the camera, (which is bad) or any of your other criticisms, to ruin the game. And I was not " presenting my counter-argument as any more definitive than your own opinion", as you said. I'm fine with your opinion. I was just defending my own.

Of_Folsense

Nintendo Network ID: Matt_Of_Folsense

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

100. Posted:

@mystman12: That's done to add to the illusion that you're at a very small scale; things in the distance get blurred out. You can notice it especially when there are background elements that you can get relatively close to and they come into focus. I, personally, really like it!

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku