Forums

Topic: Capcom charging $50 for Resident Evil: Revelations.

Posts 101 to 120 of 162

komicturtle

Yeah, I'm hoping it is worth the asking price. But remember when Iwata came out and said the production for 3DS games are comparable to Wii? Well, this could be the case. I still think Nintendo will keep their highest price games at $40. Square-Enix charged $40 for their games on DS, but recently, their games are $35, particularly Dragon Quest since Nintendo are publishing the games.

Back to the price- I'm just saying it because people are being unreasonable. I understand if people are like "Damn, $50, I'll just wait and buy it later" but saying "Hell naw, game isn't worth it! Pass!", that there is irrational and ignorant. There are games I missed out because I don't have the money, and even now, I can't get the games I want such as Kirby Returns which is the game I have been looking the most forward to on Wii and I do think it's worth my $50.

As for RE Revelations, if I have the money then and no worries, I'll get it happily. If not, oh well, sacrifices and patience. Also, people can learn to be better shoppers and look for places where they can buy the game a bit cheaper if they really want it but can't afford it.

I'm looking forward to making video games and getting into the industry and the things some people here say irks me.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

LordTendoboy

YellowChocobo wrote:

irken004 wrote:

So they're going to make Vita games higher price too? Only fair right?

I'm all for games in general being more expensive. It's about time developers and publishers got paid properly.

It annoys me that gamers feel entitled enough that they "deserve" cheap-as games. Mostly because it's a childish, selfish attitude to have and by demanding prices stay down, those entitled gamers are preventing the entire flipping industry from being a healthy one.

Go try and buy a board game (for the good ones, up to $100), or take up a sport (Depending on where you live, up to $200/ hour for some lessons). Then you'll learn to appreciate how cheap games actually are.

So if they charged $100 for this game would you still buy it?

You don't think Capcom deserves money if they make a really good game?

Wait wait wait. I thought you were the guy who championed the iPhone & iPad for their cheap and accessible games, yet now you think games should be more expensive? Make up your mind man.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Bankai

tendoboy1984 wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

irken004 wrote:

So they're going to make Vita games higher price too? Only fair right?

I'm all for games in general being more expensive. It's about time developers and publishers got paid properly.

It annoys me that gamers feel entitled enough that they "deserve" cheap-as games. Mostly because it's a childish, selfish attitude to have and by demanding prices stay down, those entitled gamers are preventing the entire flipping industry from being a healthy one.

Go try and buy a board game (for the good ones, up to $100), or take up a sport (Depending on where you live, up to $200/ hour for some lessons). Then you'll learn to appreciate how cheap games actually are.

So if they charged $100 for this game would you still buy it?

You don't think Capcom deserves money if they make a really good game?

Wait wait wait. I thought you were the guy who championed the iPhone & iPad for their cheap and accessible games, yet now you think games should be more expensive? Make up your mind man.

I'd love to see an iPad or iPhone game that cost the developers what Resident Evil Revelations cost to make.

Note: I also wouldn't complain if that game cost $50 to buy.

PoTher

Fair's fair. The game looks fantastic and fun, a real AAA title. However, this is one more reason why I'm thinking of sticking exclusively with handhelds and forgoing console gaming entirely. Handhelds and their games are still more cost feasible, especially when Wii U games are more than likely to cost $60. Funny, I paid that much or more on N64 games when PSOne games were on average $30. This might also help to curb my digital addiction and actually allow me to smell the roses.

Edited on by PoTher

PoTher

JayArr

In a time when the most popular game in the world is free or $0.99 you would think Capcom wouldn't raise their prices by 25%. People are extremely money conscious nowadays. This high cost could blowup in Capcom's face much like the 3DS did with Nintendo.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Raptor78

I think the reason why Capcom has included the "Raid Mode" is as a comprimise. The game itself requires a larger card becasue of the different Voice recordings and Video so the price goes up, the Raid Mode adds an extra game which with a few extra features (characters / levels, etc.) would have probably made a seperate game title much like the Resident Evil Mercenaries game but Capcom has added this as an additional mode to the main game.
I ask you which you would be more p!ssed off about, buying Revelations for $10 less without the Raid Mode and then Capcom releasing a sequel to Merceneries not long after using the Raid Mode from Revelations but a bit more fleshed out for $40 or buying the Revelations with the raid mode included for $50.

I enjoyed the Merceneries game and I definately got my moneys worth and im sure even though Revelations will be more expensive than I hoped, I will get my moneys worth out of it too.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

Nintendo Network ID: Raptor78

ImDiggerDan

Well, I'm late into this heated debate, but +1 to pretty much everything Waltz has said.

As for the price difference between 2 and 4GB SD cards, that's pretty much irrelevant to this debate as 3DS games don't come on SD cards. They come on 3DS cards which Nintendo sets the price of and those prices are not public. For all anyone knows the difference could be $20 so Capcom could be making less money per game than they would on a 2GB card...

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

Raptor78

@ImDiggerDan
Oh, I totally agree. Its fair enough that SD cards are cheap and cheerfull so yeah the difference between 2 ad 4 GB isnt that much but 3DS cards would most definetly cost more. I imagine if they thought they could have gotten away with it Capcom would have just released the game on its own and sold it at the $50 that they plan to now,but because of the price it may not have sold so well hence the reason I think they tagged on the bonus mini-merceneries game with it to avoid fans feeling ripped off. Afterall they made sure everybody got their appitite wet over the additional online multiplayer modes before relvealing the price. If they had released the price and then mentioned the online-multiplayer mode then I think people would have been put off by the price and wouldnt have given it another thought.

But so far this is only the second game announced that is using a double sized cart as far as I know. And I havnt heard a price or wether there will be any additional modes with the Metal Gear Solid game so its hard to judge the price of cart size yet but im sure this will become a standard.

LzWinky

ImDiggerDan wrote:

Well, I'm late into this heated debate, but +1 to pretty much everything Waltz has said.

As for the price difference between 2 and 4GB SD cards, that's pretty much irrelevant to this debate as 3DS games don't come on SD cards. They come on 3DS cards which Nintendo sets the price of and those prices are not public. For all anyone knows the difference could be $20 so Capcom could be making less money per game than they would on a 2GB card...

Somehow I doubt the difference is really that high

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

lz20XX wrote:

ImDiggerDan wrote:

Somehow I doubt the difference is really that high

It could be depending on the write speeds of the cards. (granted I doubt they are that fast) When It comes to a propreitary memory or format expect to pay out the wazoo. Its like the Vita and PSP memory card situation. (just not as bad).

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

komicturtle

The next main Pokemon games on 3DS may require an 8GB 3DS card.

$80 Dorrahs :3

komicturtle

shingi_70

KomicZ wrote:

The next main Pokemon games on 3DS may require an 8GB 3DS card.

$80 Dorrahs :3

What if Contained Every Region and Battle Froniter and Had a Graphic's style like the cube games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

JayArr

Metal Gear Solid SnakeEater 3D uses a 4GB card and Konami is only charging $39.99 for their game.

So yeah, stay classy Capcom........

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

cheetahman91

JayArr wrote:

Metal Gear Solid SnakeEater 3D uses a 4GB card and Konami is only charging $39.99 for their game.

So yeah, stay classy Capcom........

Really?

Dang Capcom what's been up with you lately?

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

ejamer

Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D isn't an all new game, and $0.99 games on iOS don't offer nearly the quality of gameplay that Revelations does.
So yeah, stay classy with the invalid comparisons.......

Seriously. It's $10 more for an all-new, full length, portable Resident Evil game with 3D graphics and online multiplayer options. For some people that level of quality will be worth the money, for others it won't. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything, so if Capcom is asking for more than you are willing to pay then: (a) preorder at $40 right now from Amazon, (b) wait for a sale, or (c) just don't play the game. Whatever option you choose, get over yourself and stop complaining.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

shingi_70

ejamer wrote:

Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D isn't an all new game, and $0.99 games on iOS don't offer nearly the quality of gameplay that Revelations does.
So yeah, stay classy with the invalid comparisons.......

Seriously. It's $10 more for an all-new, full length, portable Resident Evil game with 3D graphics and online multiplayer options. For some people that level of quality will be worth the money, for others it won't. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything, so if Capcom is asking for more than you are willing to pay then: (a) preorder at $40 right now from Amazon, (b) wait for a sale, or (c) just don't play the game. Whatever option you choose, get over yourself and stop complaining.

While Its not $0.99 for $5 I can go get the DS version of FFIII and For $6.99 on my Android Phone Bought A MMO called Chaos and Order that came with the first three months of play.

WAT!

Raptor78

SnakeEater 3D isnt pegged to be released till later in 2012 so plenty of time to set the RRP.
Revelations is out soon and this is the confirmed RRP, up until now like SnakeEater we expected the game to be $39.99 so there is still time for Konami to up their price.
Its just like those pre-orders for Revelations had it pegged for $39.99.

Mandoble

Survival horror games never sell well, it might sell even worse if too expensive, and even worse if it is exclusive for a bad selling console. Hope Capcom doesnt have high expectations on this game.

Mandoble

shingi_70

Mandoble wrote:

Survival horror games never sell well, it might sell even worse if too expensive, and even worse if it is exclusive for a bad selling console. Hope Capcom doesnt have high expectations on this game.

While the Genre has become niche, Some titles have brand power and Resident Evil is one of them.

WAT!

komicturtle

Yet, MGS3 is just a port. Revelations was built from the ground up for 3DS and is an entirely new game.

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.