Forums

Topic: Can't play online. "Error 006-0612" - HELP!!!! :c

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Xenjamin

Hello everybody!

I just recently bought a 3DS (a lot of thought AND money went into this purchase, im poor lol) but i cannot play anything online via wifi..... I get the error code "006-0612" when i'm trying to connect to a game/exchange information between me and another player. I have read various forums where people have had the same issue and i have done every "fix" for this that's listed. Port-forwarded, changed to wep security and all settings are correct. Still i continue to get this error. I have also manually input a public DNS (googles) which is Nintendo's own fix for this, doesn't work.

My router brand is Thomson, exact name of my router is (Thomson TG789vn). Please.... can somebody help me? I bought several game's (Street fighter 4, Heroes of Ruin) exclusively for multiplayer and now they are useless to me.

Thanks in advance, Benjamin.

3DS Friend Code: 0061-1555-0735
Nintendo Network ID: direth1105

Xenjamin

Nobody that has had this error aswell? It's shocking to have bought a console that doesnt work with every router that's released in 2011... jesus.

Veloster

I have read various forums where people have had the same issue and i have done every "fix" for this that's listed. Port-forwarded, changed to wep security and all settings are correct. Still i continue to get this error. I have also manually input a public DNS (googles) which is Nintendo's own fix for this, doesn't work

You're not really leaving us any venues to try.
Sounds like you'll need to send it to Nintendo themselves.

The greatest scene in T.V history

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0036-0357

KittenKoder

If you can connect to the eShop then something is really wrong, and you'll have to call Nintendo up for help on the matter, possibly send it into them for repairs. If you just bought it, and the warranty is still good, do that.

The aspect of the wifi for the 3DS/DS family that's really annoying is that it has to be setup just right. Though the range of setups that work has increased, there are still some that don't. Also, some games have their own servers, which can break down even if Nintendo's server is working. So yeah, what @Veloster said, you haven't given much information to help anyone here help you.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

LyIa

Port forwarded...?
Well, I know that port forwarding has nothing to do with getting a connection on the 3DS. Do you have a different device connected to it with Static IP? Try changing the IP to something else. Also, try "whitelisting" your 3DS' MAC address in Router Settings. If you really can't get it to work, reset your router to factory settings, or try getting something like Linksys. I have two, one is a Chinese brand (Huawei) and it works pretty well.

all men are kings 👑

Xenjamin

Yeah i can connect to browser, use the eshop and everything. The only thing that doesn't work is playing game's this is a common issue it seems especially with my router (Thomson TG789vn). I can see the game's in lobbys and i get to the point that it says "Joining game" but after that it disconnects.

I'm sorry if you guys feel like you have too little information to help out so i will try and list what i have done so far.

1. I noticed i can't connect to multiplayer games and receive the error "006-0612" so i looked it up on Nintendo's error-code-finder-thingy (lol) and their fix was to put in a manual DNS (google uses a public DNS and Nintendo had that written in so i did the same). This did not fix the error.

2. Seeing as fix #1 did not work i started looking around on forums "http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/error-006-0612-for-mario-kart-7-here-is-the-fix.207270456/" is one example. It is the exact same issue that i have but the problem is that DMZ settings is not even available on my router. (you will understand what i mean by that if you read the first post on that link.)

3. This is a different forum that i read and did EXACTLY like the guide had written, did not work. "http://www.avforums.com/threads/mario-kart-7-on-3ds.1530421/page-3#post-15934211"

I hope this information is a bit more... well.. informative if you all still don't have a clue, i'm just gonna have to call Nintendo.
Thanks in advance / Benjamin

Xenjamin

Oh, here's "nintendo's own fix"

"http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=006-0612&system=3DS"

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.