Forums

Topic: Broken Street Date

Posts 21 to 36 of 36

theblackdragon

ballkirby1 wrote:

Well since this is a thread about the subject, according to a Best Buy employee, the 3DS costs a whopping total of $9,999 in the store's computer until March 27th. This is so just in case Nintendo raises the price before launch, there would be no possible way they could under charge for the system. (I don't get it either) However, he then told me if a Best Buy broke the Street Date and sold the 3DS before the 27th it would cost $9,999. So if you see a 3DS being sold at Best Buy earlier, good luck affording it.

hahahahaha nice!

personally, i'm surprised they have the UPC in their system already, though... some stores won't have the item in the system at all until the release date (they won't be able to ring it up for you at all, therefore they can't sell it). :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

TeeJay

Corbs wrote:

I'm not sure what Ngamer were looking for, but I've played the hell out of the Dreamcast version and this is looking and playing quite well to me so far. Long way to go, but I'm just not seeing all of the complaints they brought up. To each his own, though.

And yes, I'll have the review of Rayman 3D up on Friday morning.

Wait, didn't I see you post Thursday night before? Ah well. It's not like you're a god or anything, I can't expect miracles from you.

Can I?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Corbs

Actually it will go into the system on Thursday night, but won't be proofed and published until Friday morning at 9amCST, once the embargo has lifted.

Plain old gamer :)

jangonov

New update guys. Nintendo responded and asked for a slew of info. Maybe they wern't supposed to sell it anywhere afterall?

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov&#...

and another update. They said they are sending all the information to the "appropriate department for further review"
Official e-mail is below:
Hi (edited for my privacy),

Thank you for taking your time to send us your feedback about this street date violation. While our online email group does not handle retail issues, rest assured that your email will be forwarded on to the appropriate department for further review.

Sincerely,

David Glover
Nintendo of America Inc.

I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov&#...

theblackdragon wrote:

ballkirby1 wrote:

Well since this is a thread about the subject, according to a Best Buy employee, the 3DS costs a whopping total of $9,999 in the store's computer until March 27th. This is so just in case Nintendo raises the price before launch, there would be no possible way they could under charge for the system. (I don't get it either) However, he then told me if a Best Buy broke the Street Date and sold the 3DS before the 27th it would cost $9,999. So if you see a 3DS being sold at Best Buy earlier, good luck affording it.

hahahahaha nice!

personally, i'm surprised they have the UPC in their system already, though... some stores won't have the item in the system at all until the release date (they won't be able to ring it up for you at all, therefore they can't sell it). :3

@tbd The upc is in their system only to receive it in from their shipment (working retail gives a little insight into that) At my store, we've had a sku for the 3DS since the price was announced.

Edited on by jangonov

@jango: SKU is one thing, UPC is another. idk how it is where you work, but where i work, we can't ring things up by SKU, only UPC.
sure wish we could at least look things up by SKU, at least, but the system won't let us even do that :/

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

jangonov

Aw heck, Im lucky. I can scan it, look it up by upc, or just type "3DS" in the search. I also have a keyboard, mouse, and (best of all) a touch screen for easy navigation. I mention the mouse, because I am a formal employee of Lamestop, who had me without a mouse and just use f1-f12 for commands.
Also, it has internal release dates so if I try to sell a copy of Ocarina of Time for the 3DS it'll say it hasn't been released and ask if Im sure I want to sell it (which btw, is always NOOOOO!!!!!)

Edited on by jangonov

I went to Wallmart and Gamestop today and saw Rayman 3D, Ridge Racer, and Asphalt in both stores.

In addition, I also saw Sims 3 at Wallmart, but not at Gamestop.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tasuki

theblackdragon wrote:

@Link79: as explained above, it has to do with it being fair for all retailers involved. If people are waiting in line for a midnight release for (insert game here) but hear that a store down the street is already selling it at 8pm, they're gonna head for that other store en masse and purchase the game there... that means lost sales for the store(s) who are adhering to the release date set by the publisher (or whatev').

Its also a Piracy control issue too. Say if X store sells it before any other store software pirates can get a hold of it as well and have a field day with it. Thus costing even more lost of revenue from said game. Especially if its a really popular game like Street Fighter 4.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JohnDoe123

If Asphalt is out today, has anyone tried it? Is it as bad as NGamer says? Or should I not trust their scores?

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

Malkeor

I saw this at Best Buy yesterday afternoon, all the 3rd party titles (most of them) It didn't make any sense to me.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

R-L-A-George

jangonov wrote:

and another update. They said they are sending all the information to the "appropriate department for further review"
Official e-mail is below:
Hi (edited for my privacy),

Thank you for taking your time to send us your feedback about this street date violation. While our online email group does not handle retail issues, rest assured that your email will be forwarded on to the appropriate department for further review.

Sincerely,

David Glover
Nintendo of America Inc.

I get an lady when I send emails to NoA.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

R-L-A-George

Tasuki wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

@Link79: as explained above, it has to do with it being fair for all retailers involved. If people are waiting in line for a midnight release for (insert game here) but hear that a store down the street is already selling it at 8pm, they're gonna head for that other store en masse and purchase the game there... that means lost sales for the store(s) who are adhering to the release date set by the publisher (or whatev').

Its also a Piracy control issue too. Say if X store sells it before any other store software pirates can get a hold of it as well and have a field day with it. Thus costing even more lost of revenue from said game. Especially if its a really popular game like Street Fighter 4.

Very true, but normally wouldn't they go the online route since your more likely to get the games early. I'd say it would kind of pointless to pirate with the 3DS.

Edited on by R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

komicturtle

I remember some DS games being sold a few weeks before it were to be released. I think Madden 2005 was one I could remember.

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.