Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 741 to 760 of 828

TickleTot

does anyone have Mammon nemesis? please please add me fi you do and i want the one that drop elixer

3Ds 2681-0804-3878

TickleTot

Bump hello???

Edited on by TickleTot

3Ds 2681-0804-3878

FishieFish

It sucks that rage cannot be mimicked, even if you use drain.
That would be super OP.

"No one said you could touch."

GuardianKing

I have a balancing problem here.

Currently, my party is Level 56-57. However, Tiz as a Ranger/Hunter is the only one who can do over 1500-2000 damage. Everyone else does a petty 500-700 damage, and so does Tiz the instant I switch him off the Ranger class. I tried combining different people with different classes, and I even got some of the highest level weapons available through maxing out Norende Village, but no one seems to be able to do over 1000 damage, let alone 2000! (which is what I need atm to fight some powerful mobs).

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is there something I could do better?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Ralizah

@GuardianKing: Just experiment with different skill combinations. The game is all about finding new and potentially broken ways of combining job skills. For instance, I remember doing something with the dark knight that involved the mimic skill and re-raise spell to drastically increase the damage output of one of my characters.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CaviarMeths

@GuardianKing What job abilities are you using? What are your weapon mastery levels? Those are the two main culprits that spring to mind. Otherwise, it could be an elemental disadvantage issue, but if Tiz is getting the same damage penalty when switched off of Ranger, that shouldn't be it either.

But Rage + Minus Strike is like 15,000-20,000 damage, if you're using a Dark Knight. Combining Spell Fencer and Pirate skills also do some pretty disgusting damage.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Tyranexx

Far be it from me to post in an old thread that hasn't had any activity for a year and a half, but I'm hoping to start Bravely Default within the next week or so. It's been sitting in my backlog for a while, and since it's winter I thought it would be a good time to start the game.

So...any tips for streamlining the experience? Dos and don'ts? A rough estimate for how long it took you to beat the game, perhaps? I'm not the fastest when it comes to RPGs due to a love of exploration and reading of text, so I'm expecting to spend some time on this game. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

FX102A

It took me 145 hrs to complete the game though that was completing all side quests and acquiring all asterisks, plus levelling all jobs to max level on all 4 characters. Oh and I got the "Incomplete Ending" first then after saving following the end, I could continue from where I left off (with a nice new outfit) to get the proper ending.

My suggestions would be:

1) To really get to know all the characters (especially the bosses) do all the side quests.

2) Save before EVERY boss encounter, actually just save often.

3) Experiment with jobs and skill sets to level them up to create amazing combinations.

4) Set battle speed to at least 2 arrows long.

5) Get the incomplete ending first then the final one (can't say how cos major spoiler if explained). But you should figure it out yourself.

6) Be prepared for a bit of a slog later in the game. Again can't explain fully but you'll need dedications and patience.

FX102A

Tyranexx

@FX102A: I see. I've ran across murmurs of something later on in the game causing it to drag a bit, but haven't pursued why in fear of spoilers. I don't plan to be a completionist with this game and plan to skip a few things, though I'm taking all your listed points into consideration. Saving shouldn't be an issue at least, primarily because I picked up the "save often" mentality after years of playing Pokemon. XD Thanks!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Ralizah

@Tyranexx Don't be afraid to take advantage of the random encounter slider and social features if you play on hard mode. The game gets brutal around chapter 5 and doesn't let up.

I'll recommend AGAINST doing sidequests in the second half of the game on your first playthrough. Like the other person said, it's a bit of a slog, but easy to get through if you set your mind to just barreling through it. Also, don't give up: the sloggy parts are worth getting through, because the last two bosses are FANTASTIC. Two of my all-time favorite JRPG boss fights.

Also, like he/she said, experiment a lot with skill and job combinations. You'll need those OP combos, even if you play on normal mode.

I skipped most of the sidequests later in the game and still spent 105 hours on it. It's really a massive experience.

Edited on by Ralizah

Tyranexx

@Ralizah: I'll probably abuse the crap out of the random encounter slider, actually. XD I ran across a post elsewhere where someone recommended not spending a ton of time grinding until chapter 4 or so. Is that accurate?

I plan on skipping at least some sidequests, mainly so that I don't get bored/bogged down by too many extras; I'm also trying to give other games in my backlog their time to shine, so I'm not trying to be a major completionist anymore (unless it's a mainline Zelda entry). I do intend to finish the main story unless I REALLY dislike the game, which I believe will be unlikely. XD

The different skill and job combinations sound like they'll be fun to experiment with.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Ralizah

@Tyranexx Probably because there are some late game areas where grinding job points is much more efficient. I don't think it really matters either way, though. Just play the way you want.

The job system is VERY fun to play around with, and there are a huge variety of builds to try with your various characters. Also, it has one of the best turn-based battle systems I've ever encountered in a JRPG. And fantastic music.

Tyranexx

@Ralizah: I see. I think you've actually helped boost my excitement levels for this game. Thanks for your input!

Banjo-

Is it okay to revive the official thread of a game instead of creating a new one? I'm playing this game now and... I love it.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@BlueOcean Bravely Default (and Bravely Second) are two of the best JRPGs in the 3DS library IMO. Some cimplain about the second half of the first game (you'll see why if you haven't made it there already), but IMO those complaints, while valid, are 1. overblown and 2. Some people didn't dig around enough.

The job system is a joy to mess around with, the playable characters are decent, most of the writing is done well, and the 3D is used to excellent effect in these games. This is one of the few series that I've played where there are actual motivations for the characters the party goes up against; it isn't simply good guys vs. bad guys. There's a lot of material in between those two points on that spectrum.

Banjo-

@Tyranexx I just started chapter 4 doing all the side quests so I'm at Eternia. I think everything except the voice acting of some (Agnes...) is awesome. The music is incredible! The game is polished and fun. I'm not a big fan of that chibi or whatever is called visual style but the environments are good.

Bravely Default has modern and optional features that make the game more enjoyable. Gameplay is fun. Leveling jobs up is fun. The brave/default strategy is interesting. While playing this game I was thinking how boring Pokémon Sun/Moon was 😂.

Regarding the story yes, it's interesting the different points of view of people, they basically belong to different "religions" but in this game the sources are tangible and real unlike real world religions but there are also very bad people like Victoria....

I thought that this game was not very good or well received but isn't this a masterpiece? I'll play Bravely Second.

Banjo-

Ralizah

@BlueOcean The... problems people have with the game come after the midway point. You should be approaching that soon.

It's definitely not a masterpiece, but I do really enjoy the music and the features allowing you to customize the random encounter rate (which is superior to seeing enemy icons on the world map, IMO).

Definitely stick around until the end. The last two bosses are great, and the music in both fights is just awesome.

Bravely Default music is also available as DLC in Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call, if you're interested.

Edited on by Ralizah

Tyranexx

@BlueOcean I forgot to mention the music; a lot of the tracks are pretty decent as well! I admittedly don't really love the chibi-ized characters either, but it doesn't really bother me either. XD But yes, the modern features really go to great lengths to make it feel like less of a grind. I wish more games had an encounter slider. Not only to stave off random encounters when your party has almost had it, but also to speed up job/level grinding.

Overall it was well-received, and IMO Bravely Second is ever so slightly better as it fixed a few (minor) issues I had with Bravely Default. Both are very good games in my book, not quite masterpieces, but definitely pretty amazing!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic