Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 601 to 620 of 828

FishieFish

I don't have the Valkyrie class.
So should I grind everyone up to level 30?
What is the easiest way to do that?
Everyone is only level 22.
And if I reclass, for example, Ringabel into a White Mage and then change him back into a Black Mage again after, will he have to restart his job leveling up again?

"No one said you could touch."

CanisWolfred

^Go get the Valkyrie class. What are you doing not getting the Valkyrie class? And no, your job levels don't reset. They all start a level 1 when you get them, but then they stay at whatever you level them up to.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

FishieFish wrote:

Hmm... What level should you be when fighting the water thingy while trying to awaken the water crystal?
Because my team is getting wiped out.
Anges has something like only 30 defence while Ringabel has something like 20 defence.
Adea has something like 109 defence, though.

He doesn't have a ton of health. Just wipe him out before he attacks. You have the Spell Fencer, right? Attach Lightning as the elemental ability for all of your peoples' specials. Go into battle and hit him with your specials four times in a row. That'll buff all your stats and take off most of his health, if you're not too underleveled. Have your SF place lightning magic on his/her sword and wail on it. Use your mage to unleash your most powerful lightning attacks. He kept killing me when I encountered him, so I had to take him out in a couple of turns.

My guys were around level 20 at the time and I'm playing on Hard mode, so if it worked for me it should work for you. Just remember to make your Special attacks lightning elemental in nature.

I agree that, regardless if this works for you or not, you need to get the Valkyrie class. It's awesome. My Edea is a Valkyrie(dom)/Spell Fencer(sub) and she cuts through most enemies like a hot knife through butter.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Kewlan

Man, discussing this excites me for new game+!
For those wondering, you can pick yourself what you want to move over. IT'S GREAT!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Joetherocker

I've never really played through a traditional JRPG before, outside of half of Final Fantasy V before I lost it years ago, but would this be a good place to start? Everyone says it's really good and everything, but they always mention fans of traditional JRPGs so I want to be sure before I think about getting it.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

Maelstrom

@joetherocker I haven't played many JRPGs besides fire emblem, despite me calling it my favorite genre. I'd say Bravely Default is beginner friendly, without too much hand-holding. The story is good so far (only on chapter 6) and, if you do not change the random encounter rate a lot and explore most of the dungeons , you won't need to grind for exp at all. The only thing you ever need to grind for is money, but there is a relatively easy exploit that gives you infinite money. This, however, will not give you incredibly overpowered weapons. The job system is easy to use and you can change character's jobs whenever you want. I'd recommend downloading the demo and playing for a little. It gives a good idea of the battle system, but there is no story and the jobs are unbalanced. Also, completing parts of the demo will give you items in the actual game, but it is not worth playing to get them all if you decide to get the game.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Kewlan

@Maelstrom I'm not sure, but I know you can fight the Adventurer and his Fox somehow... so maybe that's related?
-
@Joetherocker It is a good start, I think... At first it might be hard to understand the combat, but you'll get it after a while.
I'm not a traditional JRPG fan either, but I have played a few back in the days.
Give it a chance, I'm sure you'll love it!

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

CanisWolfred

Joetherocker wrote:

I've never really played through a traditional JRPG before, outside of half of Final Fantasy V before I lost it years ago, but would this be a good place to start? Everyone says it's really good and everything, but they always mention fans of traditional JRPGs so I want to be sure before I think about getting it.

Bravely Default is ultimately FF5's successor. Go play it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

FishieFish

Ralizah wrote:

FishieFish wrote:

Hmm... What level should you be when fighting the water thingy while trying to awaken the water crystal?
Because my team is getting wiped out.
Anges has something like only 30 defence while Ringabel has something like 20 defence.
Adea has something like 109 defence, though.

He doesn't have a ton of health. Just wipe him out before he attacks. You have the Spell Fencer, right? Attach Lightning as the elemental ability for all of your peoples' specials. Go into battle and hit him with your specials four times in a row. That'll buff all your stats and take off most of his health, if you're not too underleveled. Have your SF place lightning magic on his/her sword and wail on it. Use your mage to unleash your most powerful lightning attacks. He kept killing me when I encountered him, so I had to take him out in a couple of turns.

My guys were around level 20 at the time and I'm playing on Hard mode, so if it worked for me it should work for you. Just remember to make your Special attacks lightning elemental in nature.

I agree that, regardless if this works for you or not, you need to get the Valkyrie class. It's awesome. My Edea is a Valkyrie(dom)/Spell Fencer(sub) and she cuts through most enemies like a hot knife through butter.

I've only got Black Mage, White Mage, Monk, Freelancer and Knight.
And everyone is only level 22..
Damn..

Maelstrom

FishieFish wrote:

Damn..

Do all the "optional" story events first. This will give you more exp and more jobs to choose from. Just avoid the one in Florem for a while. It can be a pain

Edited on by Maelstrom

Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

FishieFish

Maelstrom wrote:

FishieFish wrote:

Damn..

Do all the "optional" story events first. This will give you more exp and more jobs to choose from. Just avoid the one in Florem for a while. It can be a pain

What one in Florem?

FishieFish

I'm about to face the Fire Temple boss.
All of my characters excluding Tiz are level 32.
Is that a high enough level?

Maelstrom

FishieFish wrote:

I'm about to face the Fire Temple boss.
All of my characters excluding Tiz are level 32.
Is that a high enough level?

That looks good. I meant the red mage in the city of florem. I recommend getting all the asterisks you missed as soon as possible. More jobs means more job combinations and more abilities to choose from

FishieFish

I now have the Red Mage, Performer and Valkyrie asterisks.
I still need the pirate and salve maker asterisks.
But I don't know where the pirate one is.
Everyone is level 35-38 (Tiz got KO'd right when I defeated the performer, so he is falling behind).
Should I do the fire temple boss now?

Edit: I only got this game 3 days ago, and I've all ready put 21 hours into it.
This game is more addicting than crack.

Edited on by FishieFish

Kewlan

Maelstrom wrote:

More jobs means more job combinations and more abilities to choose from

This.

FishieFish wrote:

And this.

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Maelstrom

FishieFish wrote:

Yes.
Anyway, doing the fire temple boss is fine. Just make sure everyone has somewhat high defense. (esp bloody shields, if you can afford them. {from trader}) If you talked to whoever is in the house and mentioned the ship being sighted, just look in the middle of the ocean. I take it you got all the asterisks in the previous two lands? (meaning there are no more blue !s)

Maelstrom

Concerning the ending:

I heard there are two different endings, and guessed how to get them. Is there any way to experience both with the same save file? Is one short enough that I could play it without saving?

Edited on by Maelstrom

Kewlan

@Maelstrom

Yes. If you destroy a crystal and finish the good ending, it will ask you to save and you can continue from before destroying the crystal, but keeping all the progress. You can then continue to the true ending!

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic