Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 481 to 500 of 828

ZachBeacon

Darn. I had the game freeze on me today when I tried to update data and now it won’t let me try again until Monday. My town has already been rebuilt but I could still use the summons and the monsters.

ZachBeacon

CaviarMeths

CanisWolfred wrote:

devinias wrote:

Anyone had good experience with the spell fencer?? Thought about putting edea on this job.

Once it gets up there, it can be stronger than even the Black Mage in certain situations, and the Sword Magic ability is good for other classes, too.

Yeah something like a Sword Magic/Piracy combo has a pretty devastating damage output. Aspir/Drain are pretty crazy too, can usually refill your entire HP/MP in two hits.

I find it odd though that Lv6 Sword Magic gives you access to Holy (Lv6 White Magic), but Wind and Earth magic are never available.

oninowon wrote:

I haven't decided who should take the Thief class. I'm leaning towards the girl who switched sides but I want to continue her on the black mage path. ...but I left a couple of locked treasure chests behind...

Those chests can't be opened until much later in the game. Being a Thief doesn't help. Don't worry too much about it for now.

It's still a good class though.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Ralizah

oninowon wrote:

I think the voice acting is well done. It certainly isn't bad enough that one must turn it off (or switch to Japanese). I loved the stuttering evil black mage. He was hilarious!

F-f-f-f-f-f...FIRE!

Hilarious villain voices are definitely one of the high points of the dub.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

ZachBeacon

Mrgrgr! It crashed while updating again.

PS: Speaking of the voices, who plays Victoria in the English version? I know I've heard that voice before.

ZachBeacon

Spoony_Tech

ZachBeacon wrote:

PS: Speaking of the voices, who plays Victoria in the English version? I know I've heard that voice before.

You might want to check your internet connection before doing that again. See if you can get into the eshop first then update.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

oninowon

CaviarMeths wrote:

Those chests can't be opened until much later in the game. Being a Thief doesn't help. Don't worry too much about it for now.

It's still a good class though.

Thanks! Good to know

oninowon

ZachBeacon

Spoony_Tech wrote:

ZachBeacon wrote:

You might want to check your internet connection before doing that again. See if you can get into the eshop first then update.

Nah, internet is fine. It just freezes when it gives me the list of net invites.

ZachBeacon

devinias

Anyone know how to get a particular nemesis in my village? I am looking for th "mammon" elixer nemesis for some money making.

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

KittenKoder

Gotta say, the vampire job class is my absolute favorite. Vampire job with sword magic secondary, epic.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

Ralizah

Ugh. Stuck on that dragon. Again.

Edit: And, after buying a few new pieces of armor, gaining a couple of levels, and obtaining some new skills from different jobs, I decimate that thing.

Edited on by Ralizah

devinias

Just wrapped up the "summoner" side quest. I have to admit I know some the side stories are a bit heart renching, but that one one gave me the creeps. Looking forward to see what some of the others hold.

Edited on by devinias

ZachBeacon

Chapter 3 is a great place to grind. I used Grapp Keep (and a couple Sage Staff’s to spam “Raise”) to get from a level 26 party to a level 52 party in a few hours.

ZachBeacon

Ralizah

Wow, unless they're just recycling voice actors, it is pretty obvious that Alternis Dim is actually Ringabel. I wonder if he is actually playing them or if this is some sort of alternate personality thing coming into play.

Edited on by Ralizah

KittenKoder

Chapter 5 is redundant, and it makes chapter 6 tedious. One good thing about getting to fight all the bosses again, they almost all give 999 JP. Each character has about 1/3rd of the job classes mastered now.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

ZachBeacon wrote:

Chapter 3 is a great place to grind. I used Grapp Keep (and a couple Sage Staff’s to spam “Raise”) to get from a level 26 party to a level 52 party in a few hours.

Yep, that confirms it, I'm way to overpowered. I'm near level 21 at maybe the halfway point in chapter one. Plus I've just about upgraded the whole town and have bought a few too many items. I vowed to not use friend summons amymore but still not much has been challenging up to this point. I've back the encounter down to normal and if I need to will drop it again. Balance is the key to a good experience.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

^You haven't seen chapter 3 yet. Things really start to ramp up around there. I died even in a bad random encounter (Sucubuses are horrible when they have extra BP), and came close to death in several others, and I'm almost at level 50...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

^You haven't seen chapter 3 yet. Things really start to ramp up around there. I died even in a bad random encounter (Sucubuses are horrible when they have extra BP), and came close to death in several others, and I'm almost at level 50...

That's good to know!

MERG said:

devinias

Hey, i am looking for some advice for my party setup. Currently, I am near the end part of Chapter 2 (I think), well I have the summoner and ranger jobs anyways...my team setup right now is Tiz (Thief), Agnes (White Mage), Ringabel (Monk), and Edea (Spirit Sword?/Black Mage)...any thoughts on who should learn the Ranger and summoner jobs...maybe to mix it up a bit. Thanks for the thoughts!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic